Home
I have had this happen to me twice now....Nosler brass for a .280 and now their Creedmoor brass are a bit "too tight" for Fed 215M primers. I use a Lee handheld tool, and I had to use "extreme" force to prime a few trial loads. I am going t shoot them ( StaBall/110HH) I just fall back to Winchester WLR Magnum. I probably don't even need a Mag primer in the Creedmoor/StaBall combo, but since it is a ball powder, and its new to me, thought I'd hedge my bet. Anyone using Nosler brass have this happen to them, is it just a Lot# thing? And what primers do you use when you run into tight pockets??
I often find Federal 210M primers to be a tight fit in several kinds of brass.
I’ve had a few 270 brass that I chamfered to get the primer seated. Not sure that was a good idea, but it worked.
They have a tight hole.

Might run one or two thru a de-crimper to see if that helps.
The only thing I've used Nosler brass for is .223 Rem. It seemed to stretch more than the Win or Federal brass I have.
Originally Posted by mathman
I often find Federal 210M primers to be a tight fit in several kinds of brass.

Yeah, I wonder if it's because Federal brass tends to have loose primer pockets???? Maybe the OP should try some CCI 200's??
There is a tool made that will rectify that.
With 243 and 270 Noz brass it was a toss-up whether I was going to break my thumb or my Lee priming tool with WLR primers. It motivated me to buy a RCBS Bench priming tool, which easily squished the primers into the Noz pockets.

But the Noz brass was so soft even minimum loads would produce ejector marks and I soon tossed all it. But I still use the bench tool a lot......
© 24hourcampfire