Home
I have some cases that need annealed properly. I know how to do it with a socket and torch but I am not sold on the process.

I was wondering if anyone had a machine and with a little free time.

Primarily Lapua 308 and remington 280.
I know there is all kinds of fancy stuff to anneal and some folks use their fingers and a candle but for as often as I anneal a battery powered drill, a socket, a propane torch and some Tempilaq work for me.
Gee, I'm low tech....

a plumbers torch, a pair of needle nose pliers, hold above the flame with the neck pointed down over it for 6 to 8 seconds..
drop into a little metal decorative bucket I got at Walmart for 97 cents...

do it every reload now, after hearing that is what ScenarShooter does...

how some 223 cases that are on their 40th reloads so far... so evidently that works good enough...

Tumble every 5th reload over night... brass still looks pretty much brand new...
I do Torch, socket, drill, count Mississippi's, dump, repeat. miles
I do torch, fingers and bucket, every 4 loads.

Torch and a drill, 5 Mississippi count and drop them in some water. It’s worked for years
Thanks for that simple tip John I like it. I have some 6-250 cases formed from 22-250 & some 7-08 from .308 that need softening I’m gonna try that.

Any reason a plumbers torch should be considered much different than a gas stove flame?
Surprised no one has brought up induction annealing or salt bath annealing....not surprising that anyone has volunteered to do it for the OP, I hate doing my own cases !!!

I know this place used to do it
djsbrass.com
I just recently started reloading and didn't know squat about annealing a month ago. After doing some research and for the amount of shooting I am going to do, the torch, drill and socket, method will work for me and my bank account.
Send it to me. I use an AMP annealer. PM me if you want.
I would take Tim K up on that, AMP annealers are the shiz
© 24hourcampfire