Home
Anyone have an old SPEER manual that specifies these bullets and potential loads with H414 in the 30-06? I know that these discontinued bullets may behave differently than other bullets of the same weight. I am about to work up loads for these and also wonder what velocity would be the max safe velocity.
Also, anyone have experience loading/hunting with SPEER Deep Curl bullets? Would love to hear any feedback.
Deep Curls worked fine, a bit on the "soft" side I thought, but I didn't catch one or loose an animal from the few I shot with 160 gr 7mm's. One was a pronghorn at about 350 yds.

Sadly I don't have -06 data saved but I'll bet Speer would share if you emailed or called them.
Speer had some old Deep Curl data from a few years ago online a month or so ago for either .270 or 7mm; may have also been .30 caliber information.
I have a bunch of these and they have worked very well in an '06, and a 300 Savage. The Speer data for this bullet includes Hunter, 760, I4831, I4350, RL 19 and 22.

If you email [email protected] they will send you a copy (at least they did for me)
Thank you. I will give that a try
If it doesn’t work. PM your email address to me and I’ll send you the sheet.
I have some and have shot several different weights in several different rifles before they sent out a notice about them that they were slightly over dia .Speer used to have online load data for the D.C. bullets.You might do a little searching for it.They best I remember it showed them loaded a grain or two less than their other cup and core bullets.The amount of reduction was about like what Nosler suggest reducing for their mono metal E-tips vs Accubond loads.I was loading the same as my other bullets of the same weight and never had an issue.I guess it would really depend just how close your loads are to the absolute max pressure to start with.If your running your loads really hot,you could run into a problem,but if your not you probably won't notice any issues
I seem to recall bullets were oversize have some and they were very accurate use a chronograph and load them to adjusted speed.
They seem to be .0005 larger in diameter than my ballistic tips.
RB Did you get what you need from Speer?
Originally Posted by southtexas
RB Did you get what you need from Speer?

I did not. The email link did not register as a valid email address. I will pm you. Thank you.
© 24hourcampfire