Home
This has been listed as discontinued or unavailable most everywhere for some time now .

Does anyone know if Norma has
gotten out of the wsm brass business ?
What about loaded ammo ?
Posted By: Bater Re: Status of Norma WSM brass - 05/06/20
Man I hope not, about fed up with my Winchester 270wsm brass and planned on Norma next.
Posted By: Tejano Re: Status of Norma WSM brass - 05/06/20
I wish I had stocked up when it was available. Norma initially made the WSM cases for Nosler but I am not sure who is currently.

Any love for Hornaday?
Posted By: Bater Re: Status of Norma WSM brass - 05/06/20
I assume Hornady is better than my Winchester stuff, guess that’s my next purchase
Been using Nosler in several 270 and 300 wsm's for about 5 years now with no problems. Definitely better than WW and Hornady.
I bought some Norma 270 WSM brass about a month ago from Midway. Still shows available. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1021709434?pid=976744
Posted By: Tejano Re: Status of Norma WSM brass - 05/07/20
Just placed an order with Brownell's they have both 270 & 300 Norma in the 100 box for $179.00 now I am all set.

Also Bertram makes WSM brass now, the quality of their brass is usually very good.

Just shipped and they still show it as available.
Posted By: Hudge Re: Status of Norma WSM brass - 05/08/20
I just saw some Norma WSM brass at the LGS here while I was looking from some RL-22. I didn't pick any up, as I have plenty of once fired Nosler brass I plan on reloading.
Originally Posted by Bater
I assume Hornady is better than my Winchester stuff

Don't think I would go there !!!!!!!!!!

still Norma brass around
Posted By: hanco Re: Status of Norma WSM brass - 05/11/20
Norma is the best!
I believe the problem with Winchester's brass is 1) initial quality and 2) total quality. For example, I load for the bestest cartridge ever- the 325 WSM. Bought some Winchester brass and scored some Nosler prepped brass. Nosler brass was great, but pricey- reputation for being "soft". Winchester brass had a lot of torn primer pockets and dings / ragged necks in need of rework / prep depending on the bag. Why!? Lapua can do it without need for prep, so can many others. Nosler is just plain proud of their stuff so expect to pay mucho dinero... But it's not like Winchester couldn't provide better confidence for the money! To be honest, their pistol brass has good reputation so I bet their rifle brass is similar. I only wish they offered it prepped and ready to go!
Originally Posted by Esteban325
I believe the problem with Winchester's brass is 1) initial quality and 2) total quality. For example, I load for the bestest cartridge ever- the 325 WSM. Bought some Winchester brass and scored some Nosler prepped brass. Nosler brass was great, but pricey- reputation for being "soft". Winchester brass had a lot of torn primer pockets and dings / ragged necks in need of rework / prep depending on the bag. Why!? Lapua can do it without need for prep, so can many others. Nosler is just plain proud of their stuff so expect to pay mucho dinero... But it's not like Winchester couldn't provide better confidence for the money! To be honest, their pistol brass has good reputation so I bet their rifle brass is similar. I only wish they offered it prepped and ready to go!

Winchester brass is complete garbage. Pretty plain and simple..
Posted By: 405wcf Re: Status of Norma WSM brass - 05/11/20
I used Norma brass several years ago and found it to be soft. Have not tried Nosler brass, but it is expensive! Last year I tried Hornady in 270wsm and found it to be very consistent, so I bought a long term supply. I suggest you try the current production Hornady WSM brass.

405wcf
© 24hourcampfire