Home
Posted By: Rustyzipper Midway USA Shipping. - 05/18/20
Larry Potterfield is having a rough time getting things out. He is doing well but I remember a time when: Over ten years ago I was up in the night and decided to go ahead and send that order to Midway on the computer so I did. I went to work the next morning happy to know my order was early in line. I came home about 12 hours later and there on the porch was a small brown box? What in the world? I looked at it and it was from Midway. On opening I found it was the order I made early, at 0-dark thirty! I am only a couple of hours away but never thought UPS could get it here even the next day. I remember that time and then these days of rough times for all and realize my order from this morning will likely be Wednesday or even the Friday they projected for delivery. I won't be upset either way as delivery times have sunk to new all time highs. Five business days to St Joseph from Columbia MO? I can ride my bike there and back in five days. And I'm the motor! Be Well, Rustyzipper.
Posted By: boliep Re: Midway USA Shipping. - 05/18/20

Shipping from Midway is both slow and expensive.

About three weeks ago I ordered rings and bases from Midway. It took ten (10) days before it left them headed for me.
Posted By: Mountain_Buck Re: Midway USA Shipping. - 05/18/20
I placed an order this past Wednesday afternoon and my stuff was on the porch in Pennsylvania on Friday afternoon. I try and place orders when Midway offers free shipping deals or bundle in items that are on sale and ship free. This past order included 2 scopes that shipped free and I added in 3 boxes of bullets and some brass. Think shipping cost me 2 bucks for the entire order doing it that way.

Sometimes when ordering something small like scope rings and bases they ship via USPS and that always takes longer...at least in my experience.
Posted By: sharps4590 Re: Midway USA Shipping. - 05/18/20
Stopped using Midway over 10 years ago unless there is absolutely no recourse. I'm closer than you, Rolla, and it usually takes a week or more. That and Larry's prices are usually too high as is the shipping and handling...then you an' me pay sales tax on top of it. As you opined, Midway ain't what it used to be. For 25 years I lived 20 miles west of Jeff. City and back then it was almost always the next day when something I ordered showed up.
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Midway USA Shipping. - 05/18/20
We all pay sales tax now. Not just you guys unfortunately.
Posted By: sidepass Re: Midway USA Shipping. - 05/18/20
Originally Posted by Rustyzipper
Larry Potterfield is having a rough time getting things out. He is doing well but I remember a time when: Over ten years ago I was up in the night and decided to go ahead and send that order to Midway on the computer so I did. I went to work the next morning happy to know my order was early in line. I came home about 12 hours later and there on the porch was a small brown box? What in the world? I looked at it and it was from Midway. On opening I found it was the order I made early, at 0-dark thirty! I am only a couple of hours away but never thought UPS could get it here even the next day. I remember that time and then these days of rough times for all and realize my order from this morning will likely be Wednesday or even the Friday they projected for delivery. I won't be upset either way as delivery times have sunk to new all time highs. Five business days to St Joseph from Columbia MO? I can ride my bike there and back in five days. And I'm the motor! Be Well, Rustyzipper.

Lots of vendors are. Could be short handed because of the "virus" . All the shippers seem to be suffering. Had several items returned because the driver didn't want to walk 30 feet to drop item off at a door, UPS , FedEx and USPS .Case of cereal took 1 month , return and re ship.

Ordered a case of 28 gauge ammo from Prariewind Decoys and it was out for delivery 3 days later. UPS hasn't delivered it yet and it's been 5 weeks. Prariewind Decoys has filed a claim 3 weeks ago and still nothing. Got to call them today as emails have gone unanswered and I want the ammo or a refund. Should have just sent out another case of ammo and dealt with UPS afterwards. Now I've had good service from them in the past and the covid chit is going on but still.
Posted By: auk1124 Re: Midway USA Shipping. - 05/18/20
Midway has their 49 dollar free shipping deal going on again right now. Maybe some of the rest of them will follow suit.
Everybody's having a tough time right now. Graf's too a month to process my order.
Light I ordered from another company took two or three weeks.
Posted By: 30338 Re: Midway USA Shipping. - 05/18/20
I ship a lot of stuff via UPS and Fedex for work. They are both doing very poorly right now. I'd be hesitant to ship a firearm at the present time.
Posted By: sidepass Re: Midway USA Shipping. - 05/18/20
Originally Posted by 30338
I ship a lot of stuff via UPS and Fedex for work. They are both doing very poorly right now. I'd be hesitant to ship a firearm at the present time.

Reason I've been holding off on a wanted SxS 28.
Posted By: smitty_bs Re: Midway USA Shipping. - 05/18/20
I just received an order from Midway......one week. In these times I think that is pretty good. One thing Midway does better than most in my experience, is packaging and shipping.
Posted By: gemby58 Re: Midway USA Shipping. - 05/18/20
Never had a problem with Midway, always get my order in 4 days
Posted By: Torqued Re: Midway USA Shipping. - 05/18/20
Shipping is slow from everywhere right now midway,midsouth,anyone in the sporting goods business.
I try to wait till midway offers free shipping to buy.
Right now they are offering free shipping with promo code:
FREESHIPPING0518
Take advantage of it ol boys !
Posted By: basdjs Re: Midway USA Shipping. - 05/18/20
Originally Posted by gemby58

Same here! 2 orders this month came in 4-5 days and shipping cost was reasonable. I stopped buying anything from Cabelas/ Bass Crapshop and buy almost all of my hunting and shooting supplies from Midway. Much better inventory and prices.
Posted By: Rickshaw Re: Midway USA Shipping. - 05/18/20
Placed a midway order with discount coupon and free shipping on Thursday and it arrived today. I've never had trouble with their shipping.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Midway USA Shipping. - 05/18/20
Originally Posted by Rickshaw
Placed a midway order with discount coupon and free shipping on Thursday and it arrived today. I've never had trouble with their shipping.

^^^This^^^
Posted By: M1Garand Re: Midway USA Shipping. - 05/18/20
Originally Posted by auk1124
Midway has their 49 dollar free shipping deal going on again right now. Maybe some of the rest of them will follow suit.

They run that quite often too. I don't order anymore from them unless that promotion is going on.
Posted By: gemby58 Re: Midway USA Shipping. - 05/18/20
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Midway USA Shipping. - 05/19/20
Originally Posted by Torqued
Shipping is slow from everywhere right now midway,midsouth,anyone in the sporting goods business.

Primary Arms is still shipping same or next day on parts...........not a reloading supplier, but great at what they do.

PSA took a month to get me in-stock lowers.

MM
Posted By: boatanchor Re: Midway USA Shipping. - 05/19/20
Originally Posted by boliep

I disagree, I have had 2 different orders from Midway in the last week. both are here and both were shipped free !!!!! only complaint I have is that they charge sales tax
Posted By: ned Re: Midway USA Shipping. - 05/19/20
Originally Posted by boatanchor

I disagree, I have had 2 different orders from Midway in the last week. both are here and both were shipped free !!!!! only complaint I have is that they charge sales tax

They went thru a Covid slow down for about a month on shipping as did Optics Planet, Grafs, and Natchez to name a couple. My last Midway order was here in a few days. On the shipping charges keep an eye out for their free shipping promos they have them quite often. Sign up for their email and you will know when they have the Free Ship going.
Posted By: Utahunter Re: Midway USA Shipping. - 05/19/20
No problems with Midway USA here. I ordered a magazine, spring kit and thumb safety for my Hi Power and had the stuff here in 5 days, including the weekend. I think they're doing great. On the other hand, I ordered some parts from Numrich/GunParts and got a confirmation that my order was in the queue and would be filled "in the order it was received as soon as we are able to resume operations." That was over 3 weeks ago and since Numrich is in New York, who knows when they'll be operational. I can't even find an option on their website to cancel my order. I can't wait months for the parts I need and will just get them elsewhere.
Posted By: Buzzaw Re: Midway USA Shipping. - 05/19/20
ALL shipping is SLOW right now cuz of this Covid Crap

It's probably the people who don't believe there is a Covid problem , who are pizzed over slow delivery times

even the Mighty Amazon Prime is much slower than ever.

grab another sucker, your orders will come.
Posted By: RyanTX Re: Midway USA Shipping. - 05/20/20
Yep, ALL shipping is slow. 5 orders from Midway in the past couple of months and most were a week or two to leave their facility. Had an order from Natchezz, it took almost 3 weeks before it finally shipped. Midsouth took 2 weeks to leave their place. Powder Valley took a couple of weeks.

On the bright side, ordered something from Midway yesterday and it shipped yesterday, supposed to be here Friday according to UPS tracking. So, maybe things are finally leveling out.
Posted By: old_willys Re: Midway USA Shipping. - 05/20/20
Items that I could get next day on Amazon are taking 4 days or longer and they have their own delivery system , so I wouldn’t expect other companies to be able to do better
Posted By: Seafire Re: Midway USA Shipping. - 05/20/20
my other option is to go over to Sportsmans Warehouse, 45 miles away.. and to see what they have on their mostly empty shelves...
Posted By: Esteban325 Re: Midway USA Shipping. - 05/20/20
Another alternative is Bruno Shooters Supply out of Phoenix.
Posted By: Rustyzipper Re: Midway USA Shipping. - 05/20/20
I have to say I'm not upset with Midwayusa. I'm just quite frustrated with everything. To top it all off I'm a retired corrections officer and the lowest paid in the US for all my career. PTSD tops it off. And tired of racist 'groids. I apologize for venting. Rant is over, for now. Be Well, Rustyzipper.
Posted By: Dinny Re: Midway USA Shipping. - 05/21/20
Originally Posted by Rickshaw

I was amazed how fast my last order arrived to the far east coast of VA.

Thanks, Dinny
Posted By: boatanchor Re: Midway USA Shipping. - 05/21/20
Originally Posted by Esteban325
Another alternative is Bruno Shooters Supply out of Phoenix.

If you think Midway is slow Lester Bruno takes it to a new level, very seldom has free shipping except on Jewell triggers.
has never charged me sales tax though.
Posted By: KenMi Re: Midway USA Shipping. - 05/21/20
Before you complain about 4-5 days to get an order from Midway, look at most other competing companies online. Some shops are saying 15-20 business days before an order even gets shipped.
Ordered from Midway Monday. Was supposed to go out Tuesday. Got a shipping notification Monday night and it is on the UPS truck for delivery now.

Hint: When ordering from Midway especially when the have free shipping, unless it is a larger box, they usually ship via UPS Surepost with USPS delivery. That is what happened last time. 2 days shipping to get to the post office, then it was 5 miles from my house for 5 days before the USPS delivered it. Took 75 hours for the USPS to get it from the UPS hub to the post office 4 miles away.
Add a single cheap box of 22 LR or other ammo, and it still will be free shipping but will go UPS Ground the whole way and not involve the incompetent USPS.
Posted By: lastround Re: Midway USA Shipping. - 05/21/20
I have no problems with Midway or Leupold!
Posted By: winchester70 Re: Midway USA Shipping. - 05/21/20
Originally Posted by KenMi
Hint: When ordering from Midway especially when the have free shipping, unless it is a larger box, they usually ship via UPS Surepost with USPS delivery. That is what happened last time. 2 days shipping to get to the post office, then it was 5 miles from my house for 5 days before the USPS delivered it. Took 75 hours for the USPS to get it from the UPS hub to the post office 4 miles away.
Add a single cheap box of 22 LR or other ammo, and it still will be free shipping but will go UPS Ground the whole way and not involve the incompetent USPS.

This is exactly what I do. Been avoiding anything to do with the post office for years. At least as much as possible.
Posted By: 1234 Re: Midway USA Shipping. - 05/21/20
just got an order from midway, came in good time. had an order from natchez took a month to the day.

Ed
Posted By: 1Akshooter Re: Midway USA Shipping. - 05/21/20
Living in Alaska and having stuff shipped here can be a royal pain in the butt. I was ordering a part for a water pump once and the young gal said they don't ship to other countries except Mexico. I asked to speak to her supervisor and the supervisor told me the same thing. I said look on the map, we have been a part of the United States for a long time now.

Any way, when I do order from Midway I almost always wait till what I want is on sale and can get free shipping. They would not sell me a VXR scope they had on sale because of the little battery in it and shipping to Alaska, I said take the battery out and use or dispose of it and the nice lady said they can't do that. I e-mailed Larry in disgust and never heard back. I even told them Leupold ships scopes with the batteries and ain't went to jail for it.

All the free shipping of most stuff is state side, Thompson Cigar was always trying to charge me and extra 10 bucks an order because I live in Alaska.

Midway is the least of my shipping woes.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Midway USA Shipping. - 05/22/20

About three weeks ago I ordered rings and bases from Midway. It took ten (10) days before it left them headed for me.

Yeah, they have sucked for more than a few years. I hope guys arent blaming the covid on their pizz poor shipping practices.
Posted By: Yondering Re: Midway USA Shipping. - 05/22/20
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Yeah, they have sucked for more than a few years. I hope guys arent blaming the covid on their pizz poor shipping practices.

Have you actually ordered from them in the past couple years, before all the corona virus slowdowns? I have quite a bit, and their shipping was always priced reasonably and usually pretty quick. There was a time when they were bad about it, but recently not that I'm aware of except for the 'Rona. Seems to me in the past couple years their shipping rates have been significantly cheaper than I could ship the same item for myself.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Midway USA Shipping. - 05/22/20
Originally Posted by Yondering
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Have you actually ordered from them in the past couple years, before all the corona virus slowdowns? I have quite a bit, and their shipping was always priced reasonably and usually pretty quick. There was a time when they were bad about it, but recently not that I'm aware of except for the 'Rona. Seems to me in the past couple years their shipping rates have been significantly cheaper than I could ship the same item for myself.

Sure, i just looked on my account. Ordered 200 .375 sierra 200gr bullets for my 375 Winchester on 10-10-19 recieved shipment on Monday 10-21-19. Is that acceptable? Im used to other places that are much quicker. I dont sweat 5 days but 11 days, lets get real bud. I only order from midway when i absolutely have to. They used to be a lot better.
Posted By: Calvin Re: Midway USA Shipping. - 05/22/20
Midway has been really quick for me. Usually ships within 24 hours.
Posted By: noKnees Re: Midway USA Shipping. - 05/22/20
Midway ships quickly for me, but there economy shipping is UPS sure post which adds a day at least to norla UPS ship time.

I have to say that these days shipping isn't good. USPS is a disaster where items sit at a location for days before moving on, UPS has incorrectly sorted twice on me in the last week, sending my packages on a side trip. We use fedex at work and ship overnight and seem to get more complaints these days on late shipments than before. Sign of the times I guess
Posted By: Dinny Re: Midway USA Shipping. - 05/28/20
I placed an order this morning at 0100 EST and received a shipping notice an hour later. I'm certain the USPS didn't pick it up then but it's definitely ready to go.

Regarding the ammo trick, I sorted the 22LR ammo from cheapest to most expensive. Appears word spreads fast as all the budget ammo is out of stock and one has to pay $5+ to get a box of boutique ammo added.

Thanks, Dinny
Posted By: 2five7 Re: Midway USA Shipping. - 05/29/20
Ordered a scope Monday, it shipped out Tuesday and will be here Saturday. Not too shabby, and it was free. Pretty typical for Midway
Posted By: KenMi Re: Midway USA Shipping. - 05/29/20
Originally Posted by Dinny
I placed an order this morning at 0100 EST and received a shipping notice an hour later. I'm certain the USPS didn't pick it up then but it's definitely ready to go.

Regarding the ammo trick, I sorted the 22LR ammo from cheapest to most expensive. Appears word spreads fast as all the budget ammo is out of stock and one has to pay $5+ to get a box of boutique ammo added.

Thanks, Dinny

Same here. Guess the big ammo hoarding of 2020 is done like dinner. Ordered at 9:30, and got a shipping confirmation before 10:30. Items said they would ship Monday.
They have enough $4.99 22 LR ammo. It's a cheap upgrade to keep it out of the hands of the incompetent USPS.
Had an insured letter sit in Detroit 8 days, after coming across the country in less than 2. Every day they updated the tracking, saying it "arrived at the distribution center". LOL.
Posted By: Ole_270 Re: Midway USA Shipping. - 05/29/20
Finally received a small Midway USA order today after it spent nearly two weeks site seeing the country. UPS to Kansas City where it transferred to USPS. Spent a couple days in KC, then went to St. Louis for 2-3 days, then Des Moines for a couple, then back to Lenexa(KC) When it finally left Lenexa it made it here overnight. I could of walked to Columbia Mo and back in two weeks.
Posted By: winchester70 Re: Midway USA Shipping. - 05/30/20
The post office no longer exists as far as I'm concerned. I will do everything possible to avoid using them in any way, ever again.
© 24hourcampfire