Home
Posted By: MuskegMan Unobtainium is Available - 05/26/20

Saw this one pounder of RL-26 in the local Western Auto store yesterday. Haven't seen it in a couple of years. I've never paid north of $50 for powder before. Think I paid $44 for a pound of H-4350 from same store last year when that started showing up again.

Only use I would have for it is in the .270 Win, but have plenty of H-4831sc and H-1000 to use up. I've sworn off buying any of the newer powder flavors.

[Linked Image]
That's steep for a one pounder
Posted By: Bater Re: Unobtainium is Available - 05/27/20
Wow, I thought $32 around here was a lot...
Posted By: AKduck Re: Unobtainium is Available - 05/27/20
We are sold out on powder down here and the two local sources say they cant get any anytime soon......so I just had to barge an order up for roughly $45lb. Kick in the pants.
Posted By: sidepass Re: Unobtainium is Available - 05/27/20
Found some 3 months ago and ordered 4 lbs and 8 lbs were delivered. $32 per lb.
Damn! Is everything that expensive in Alaska?....Hb
Posted By: sbhooper Re: Unobtainium is Available - 05/27/20
Friggin thieves.
Wow.
Saw R25 last week for under $30..
One of 5or6 varieties in the mid-slow range..
During the obama debacle several of us went in on an order from down south, delivered via AML. Much money was saved.
Sounds like you AK guys are beaten up pretty badly just because they can. Sorry to hear that. Be Well, Rustyzipper.
Posted By: Calvin Re: Unobtainium is Available - 05/28/20
Originally Posted by AKduck
We are sold out on powder down here and the two local sources say they cant get any anytime soon......so I just had to barge an order up for roughly $45lb. Kick in the pants.

It’s nuts.
Local store has 1 pounders for $32 and a couple 8 pounder for iirc $229.
Posted By: BRISTECD Re: Unobtainium is Available - 06/23/20
I don’t use RL26, but a LGS has several pounds. He’s getting out of the reloading business, so 50% discount to get rid of it.
Originally Posted by BRISTECD
I don’t use RL26, but a LGS has several pounds. He’s getting out of the reloading business, so 50% discount to get rid of it.

Buy it all and sell it for full price.

P
Posted By: Hudge Re: Unobtainium is Available - 06/24/20
Well, you’re doing better than I am here in SC, AK. Our prices aren’t that steep, but still $35-$38 a lb for RL-26 according to the empty spot on the shelves. Back in the winter when I first started reloading, I saw that most places for under $32 a ob. Heck, I can’t even find RL-19 the last I looked.
© 24hourcampfire