Home
Posted By: AMB Hornady Traditional 125gr hp - 05/31/20
Has anyone used the Hornady Traditional 125 jacketed hollow point in their 308win?
I want to try it for coyote hunting, but Hornady doesn't show any load data for it in 308win. Atleast not that I have been able to find.
I would like to use RL15 with it, as that is what I use with the 150gr interlocks.
Posted By: AMB Re: Hornady Traditional 125gr hp - 05/31/20
Also wondering if they are suitable for deer hunting.
According to the Hornady website, it appears they are not designed for deer.
Posted By: Ray63 Re: Hornady Traditional 125gr hp - 05/31/20
They do not work if you have the speed jacked up. Slow it down to 2200 to 2400 and see what happens on the deer. Good for starting kids out on. Ray
Alliant has data the RL15 and the 125 albeit Speer's not Hornady's. Velocity is high, great for coyotes unless you want the pelts. If you want to use such a light bullet for deer, may I respectfully suggest the Accubond?

https://www.alliantpowder.com/reloaders/powderlist.aspx?type=1&powderid=12&cartridge=80
Originally Posted by Ray63
They do not work if you have the speed jacked up. Slow it down to 2200 to 2400 and see what happens on the deer. Good for starting kids out on. Ray

MV?
Originally Posted by Ray63

Sounds like it would work fine in the 300 Blackout.
© 24hourcampfire