Home
Posted By: boatboy Lube question - 01/24/21
I have been using Hornady one shot

Except for small batches those I use Imperial

I was at Jays and was going to pick up Dillion and forgot till I was 5 minutes down the road

My question is something magic in the lubes that are for cases
Or does anyone use stuff commonly used on thier work benches? IE dry silicon what ever lube etc

Hank
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Lube question - 01/24/21
I had been using RCBS glycerin lube but it's all gone right now. I judt got a bottle of RCBS pump spray lube as it was all I could find.

kwg
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: Lube question - 01/24/21
Mink oil and Vaseline. Good read here. Most all of the suggestions work.

http://www.frfrogspad.com/homemade.htm#Sizing
Posted By: auk1124 Re: Lube question - 01/25/21
[Linked Image from cdn.shopify.com]
Posted By: boatanchor Re: Lube question - 01/25/21
Originally Posted by boatboy
I have been using Hornady one shot

Except for small batches those I use Imperial

I was at Jays and was going to pick up Dillion and forgot till I was 5 minutes down the road

My question is something magic in the lubes that are for cases
Or does anyone use stuff commonly used on thier work benches? IE dry silicon what ever lube etc

Hank

To me One Shot is the worst product Hornady ever put on the market, I too use Imperial die wax for smaller batch's

when doing a few hundred cases Imperial is not practical, I found a case lube that is awesome. not as messy as one shot and works much better
called Brass Butter..............not cocoa butter !!!!!
Posted By: auk1124 Re: Lube question - 01/26/21
Originally Posted by boatanchor

To me One Shot is the worst product Hornady ever put on the market, I too use Imperial die wax for smaller batch's

when doing a few hundred cases Imperial is not practical, I found a case lube that is awesome. not as messy as one shot and works much better

Don't knock Queen Helene til you try it. Contains mineral oil, lanolin, and cocoa butter, all of which makes it slick as snot when resizing while wet. Squirt some on a piece of foam and work it in, roll your brass on the foam, resize immediately, works as good as anything else. Wipes off with a towel after resizing. Costs two bucks for a big bottle at walmart.
Posted By: TheKid Re: Lube question - 01/26/21
I’ve loaded thousands of rounds using PAM. Doesn’t stink and I’ve never stuck a case with it. Available at pretty much any grocery store.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Lube question - 01/26/21
Lanolin is the base of some of the lubes. Mix it with alcohol.
I've mixed a bottle of the RCBS case lube with a pint of 91% rubbing alcohol to make my own spray lube. Works good.
I think the Lee lube is lanolin.
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: Lube question - 01/26/21
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Lanolin is the base of some of the lubes. Mix it with alcohol.
I've mixed a bottle of the RCBS case lube with a pint of 91% rubbing alcohol to make my own spray lube. Works good.
I think the Lee lube is lanolin.

90% of the lubes out there are Lanolin based. I know Hornady Unique is nothing more than colored anhydrous Lanolin. Mink oil is 90% anhydrous lanolin. Hornady one shot is anhydrous lanolin mixed with 99% alcohol.
Posted By: boatboy Re: Lube question - 01/26/21
Originally Posted by auk1124
Originally Posted by boatanchor

Don't knock Queen Helene til you try it. Contains mineral oil, lanolin, and cocoa butter, all of which makes it slick as snot when resizing while wet. Squirt some on a piece of foam and work it in, roll your brass on the foam, resize immediately, works as good as anything else. Wipes off with a towel after resizing. Costs two bucks for a big bottle at walmart.

Hey Auk
you never know around here lots of smartazzes
I was not sure if your post was serious or a bit of humor myself

Thanks Hank
Posted By: auk1124 Re: Lube question - 01/26/21
Originally Posted by boatboy

Hey Auk
you never know around here lots of smartazzes
I was not sure if your post was serious or a bit of humor myself

Thanks Hank

Heh, I'm guilty as charged myself but this time I was being serious. Take it easy Hank.
Posted By: TLB2 Re: Lube question - 02/02/21
I was using lanolin and alcohol a few days ago and stuck 5 cases of 223 in my dies, Cant find any case lube locally. Was researching it and read about using udder balm.

Seen some at Tractor supply and it has lanolin and wax in it, Big tub for $7 tried it tonight and sized 350 pieces of range brass with no problem. Plus it softens your dry cracked hands
Posted By: Seafire Re: Lube question - 02/02/21
I use the Amzoil version of WD 40.....I lube my brass in an old $6.00 frying pan I got 20 years ago....shake it like Jiffy Pop and does the job..

I think I'll try some of the Pam... I've used tons of that camping with scouts over the years... since back in the late 60s..

will have to try sneaking some of the wife's out into the garage and try it...good suggestion...
Posted By: hanco Re: Lube question - 02/02/21
I use Imperial sizing wax
Posted By: 9Legend Re: Lube question - 02/08/21
I use my own mixture of lanolin/heet (alcohol)
Posted By: colodog Re: Lube question - 02/09/21
Originally Posted by 9Legend

This stuff works well and is cheap. Look for videos on youtube.
Posted By: bbassi Re: Lube question - 02/09/21
Originally Posted by 9Legend

+2
one table spoon of pure lanolin (Amazon) and 12 ounces of the RED Heet. add it to a $1 spray bottle from the dollar store. Put 50-100 cases in a ziplock, give it a couple squirts then seal the bag and roll them around for a minute. It works every bit as good as One shot at a fraction of the price.
© 24hourcampfire