Home
Posted By: hunter01 TriggerTech or Timney? - 08/14/21
I'm thinking on putting a new trigger on my M700. I've always used Timney triggers. I'm seeing these Triggertech triggers now. Any thoughts on them? Which would you prefer?

Thanks,
Hunter01
Posted By: ingwe Re: TriggerTech or Timney? - 08/14/21
Ive got a Triggertech and I like it alot.

Have used Timneys but Im thinking I'd give the nod to triggertech.
Posted By: hunter01 Re: TriggerTech or Timney? - 08/14/21
Thanks for the info. (:
Posted By: baldhunter Re: TriggerTech or Timney? - 08/14/21
I've got both and both are great triggers.Triggertech was the easiest trigger I ever installed.I like the way it adjust and can also be adjusted without removing the stock.This is the one I bought.After my discounts it cost me $107.00 shipped
https://www.opticsplanet.com/triggertech-remington-700-primary-independence-trigger.html
Posted By: RIO7 Re: TriggerTech or Timney? - 08/14/21

??? Will the REM. 700 trigger group work on a model Rem. 7 ?? need a model 7 trigger group, Where to find a good one ?? Rio7
Posted By: baldhunter Re: TriggerTech or Timney? - 08/14/21
https://rifleshooter.com/2015/05/remington-model-seven-and-700-comparison/
Timney makes a good trigger, but I prefer TT.
Originally Posted by RIO7

??? Will the REM. 700 trigger group work on a model Rem. 7 ?? need a model 7 trigger group, Where to find a good one ?? Rio7

https://triggertech.com/products/rem-model-7
Posted By: RIO7 Re: TriggerTech or Timney? - 08/14/21

Thanks for the help. Rio7
Posted By: jmp300wsm Re: TriggerTech or Timney? - 08/15/21
Yep TT all the way. Easy to install and easy to adjust and zero creep
Posted By: FWP Re: TriggerTech or Timney? - 08/15/21
I have both but I prefer the TT. If I purchase another aftermarket trigger it will be the TT if they make a trigger for the particular gun.
Posted By: boatanchor Re: TriggerTech or Timney? - 08/15/21
I know they have fallen out of favor here on the fire from phantom failures that some have reported but I still prefer a Jewell, the TT's are good, all my Timney's are long gone !!!!!!!!!
Posted By: lastround Re: TriggerTech or Timney? - 08/15/21

Between the two, I like my TriggerTech the most.
Posted By: Mull Re: TriggerTech or Timney? - 08/15/21
I Prefer The Trigger Tech over Them All..
Posted By: Ky221 Re: TriggerTech or Timney? - 08/16/21
Another vote for TT, I just ordered another TT Special 48 hours ago.
Posted By: jlink280 Re: TriggerTech or Timney? - 08/16/21
Another vote for Triggertech, after installing the TT in one rifle I found someone to buy timney so I could replace it with a triggertech. Only thing I've had to do with triggertech is slightly bend the bolt release to engage properly.
Posted By: hunter01 Re: TriggerTech or Timney? - 08/19/21
Took you all's advice and ordered a Triggertech trigger for my M700. I came in today. Got it in and installed. Breaks clean and crisp at just under 2 lbs. Love it. Thanks for steering me in the right direction.
Posted By: hamgoat Re: TriggerTech or Timney? - 08/21/21
I have a lot of different triggers and the Triggertech Adaptable is one of the few that sits in my spare parts bin.

It's marketed as a two stage trigger but it acts like a single stage trigger with sloppy takeup.

The point of a two stage trigger is that the first stage should bear a good portion of the pull weight so that the second stage only needs a slight increase to fire the gun.

Triggertechs have a very light first stage. The second stage is incredibly crisp and probably the best break of any trigger that I have. The overtravel is also incredibly short.

My biggest gripe with the trigger is the reset. Sure, it's insanely short, but there's no audible or tactile feedback. The hammer, which hits a cushioned surface, is louder than the reset. This click is significantly quieter in person.
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: TriggerTech or Timney? - 12/04/21
I’ve found the TT easy to install and easy to adjust. It has the “glass rod” snap with no creep. Great trigger.
Posted By: Dude270 Re: TriggerTech or Timney? - 12/04/21
Nothing wrong with a timney but the TT is nicer in my opinion. They are all I'm buying from now on
Posted By: DCR48 Re: TriggerTech or Timney? - 12/04/21
I have more than a few of both. TT are pretty darn good. Timney is also pretty darn good. I recently sent a older (very) Timney 510 back for a modification and to be checked out and cleaned for not being able to get the pull weight down to 1 1/2 #. Sent a check with it. We'll trigger like new and my check came back. Told me it had a lifetime warranty. Hard to beat that.
Posted By: auk1124 Re: TriggerTech or Timney? - 12/04/21
Never had a TriggerTech but the Timney HIT is really, really nice in the 700.
Posted By: ingwe Re: TriggerTech or Timney? - 12/04/21
Trigger Tech
Posted By: hasbeen1945 Re: TriggerTech or Timney? - 12/04/21
http://www.shilen.com/productsTriggers.html

I’ve used these triggers for years. Surprised nobody mentioned them. Hasbeen
Posted By: dale06 Re: TriggerTech or Timney? - 12/04/21
I have some of both.
Like both.
If I had to choose, TT.
Mine are all single stage.
Posted By: pullit Re: TriggerTech or Timney? - 12/06/21
I have had TT, Shilen, Hart, Timney, Rifle Basics, and a few others. I liked Rifle Basics, Timney, and TT best of the bunch. I am not sure I could tell the difference once they were set and in the stock.
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
http://www.shilen.com/productsTriggers.html

I’ve used these triggers for years. Surprised nobody mentioned them. Hasbeen

I've really liked my Shilens, but I like my TTs even more.
Posted By: Bugger Re: TriggerTech or Timney? - 12/06/21
Every aftermarket Trigger I've installed, I have liked. If they can get to 2 1/2 lb and crisp with little after travel, that meets my needs. I have used Timney, Basix, and others.
Posted By: T_O_M Re: TriggerTech or Timney? - 12/07/21
Originally Posted by hunter01
I'm thinking on putting a new trigger on my M700. I've always used Timney triggers. I'm seeing these Triggertech triggers now. Any thoughts on them? Which would you prefer?

Of the two, TriggerTech. I'm not a big fan of Timney triggers. I don't think their standard trigger is significantly better than a Remington Walker, maybe a little more better than the replacement factory triggers. I've only got one Calvin Elite. I'm disappointed in it .. it's back in the box, maybe to go into something else later, maybe to be sold. I have TriggerTech specials in a couple rifles .. they're good. I have a Diamond in my Christensen .22 Ranger .. it's better than just good. However, the best of the bunch remains Jewell IMHO. I've got 3, I think .. maybe only 2. They are simply heads and shoulders above all competitors.

But then, I'm not willingly stopping at a pound or pound and a half, either. 4-6 ounces makes me happy. For a time I hunted with a 700 with a 2 ounce 40x competition trigger with no safety, just didn't chamber a cartridge 'til the barrel was pointed down range and I was ready to kill something. The lightest triggers I've used were on mid-late 1800s single shots .. some of those were fly-fart triggers.

Tom
Posted By: Jim_Knight Re: TriggerTech or Timney? - 12/14/21
A feature I really like in the TT is their ability to keep working when filled with gunk! Now, nobody gunks them up on purpose, but Time & Murphy's law can catch up to you! I once had a small piece of Sagebrush leaf hang up my Shilen Trigger in a Mod 700. I'm way too "O.C.D." for that noise! ha.
Posted By: 30338 Re: TriggerTech or Timney? - 12/14/21
The only aftermarket trigger I had fail was a Trigger Tech Special. Quit resetting after about the 30th shot. Upon contacting TT they drug their feet on helping me out with it which was aggravating since it was brand new. Sent it back to the retailer I bought it from and replaced with Timney HIT. Very happy with it. And have a lot of other Timneys providing good service.
Posted By: pullit Re: TriggerTech or Timney? - 12/14/21
Been doing machine work most of my adult life. When (not if) you make something that is not correct, what you do about it is very telling about who you are doing business with.
© 24hourcampfire