Home
Posted By: scratcherky CCI Primers - 08/09/22
Are CCI small rifle primers still available in the plastic strips that used an RCBS hand priming tool designed for them?
Posted By: sidewinder72 Re: CCI Primers - 08/10/22
Trying to find primers is a job in itself. Let alone in the plastic strips. I have not seen any anyplace. Good luck. Majority of our gun club are shooting .22 lr because small pistol primers are so hard to find.
Posted By: ronwethington Re: CCI Primers - 08/10/22
I bought some in 2020 before PH Brass and Bullets burned in Johnson City, TN. I have the loaded as well. Beats the hell out of the squeezer.
Posted By: iShoot17 Re: CCI Primers - 08/18/22
If you have the primers… I have a bunch of the plastic strips! A long while back, that was all my Buddy’s LGS had for small pistol primers. So he bought them and popped the primers out of the strips to use in my hand primer so we could load him some ammo. (I know this wasn’t ideal..but it was during one of those times where primers where very few and definitely far between, so we made it work.)

I don’t know if they could be loaded up again, but I don’t see why they couldn’t!
Posted By: ldholton Re: CCI Primers - 08/18/22
Originally Posted by iShoot17
If you have the primers… I have a bunch of the plastic strips! A long while back, that was all my Buddy’s LGS had for small pistol primers. So he bought them and popped the primers out of the strips to use in my hand primer so we could load him some ammo. (I know this wasn’t ideal..but it was during one of those times where primers where very few and definitely far between, so we made it work.)

I don’t know if they could be loaded up again, but I don’t see why they couldn’t!
Yeah the strips can be loaded again I even have a little device from RCBS to make the job a lot easier.
Posted By: scratcherky Re: CCI Primers - 08/18/22
A friend gave me a bunch of the strips loaded with small rifle primers and loaned me the hand primer tool to use with them. Appears to be a well designed tool easy to use.
Posted By: MickinColo Re: CCI Primers - 08/18/22
I have the hand tool but not the bench top unit.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: CCI Primers - 08/18/22
Originally Posted by MickinColo

Oh goody, with that you get to load them twice!😜

Just funnin’…..
Posted By: MickinColo Re: CCI Primers - 08/18/22
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Oh goody, with that you get to load them twice!😜

Just funnin’…..

smile

Because of the arthritis in my hands I don't use the APS hand tool or the regular priming tool. I use the bench tool anymore. When I did use it, I loaded stripes 5 or 6 times with no problems and still own them.

Posted By: hanco Re: CCI Primers - 08/25/22
Primers are non existent down here.
Posted By: RiverRider Re: CCI Primers - 08/26/22
Because of the arthritis in my hands I don't use the APS hand tool or the regular priming tool. I use the bench tool anymore. When I did use it, I loaded stripes 5 or 6 times with no problems and still own them.

Same here, for the same reason. It's not quite as convenient as the RCBS and Lee hand priming units, but it is much less strain on old aching hands.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: CCI Primers - 08/30/22
Originally Posted by hanco

I don’t even look when I go to the store. Don’t need any, may never need any, so I don’t want to tempt myself to be one of those Boomer-Hoarders.

It’s a natural urge to glom onto stuff you might need; reflects my depression-era parentage, I think. When I was still working, any little odd bits of hardware; nuts, bolts washers, tie-wraps etc I encountered went in my pocket for “someday”. That stuff has saved my bacon a number of times.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: CCI Primers - 08/30/22
Originally Posted by RiverRider

Same here, for the same reason. It's not quite as convenient as the RCBS and Lee hand priming units, but it is much less strain on old aching hands.
I just use my press mounted priming set up. I see primers here, but prices are all over the place. Scheels had some rem 7.5's a while back for $75/1000. Another shop had cci 450's for $85, br4's for $135. The local shop has them for $200/1000. I told them their prices are way too high yesterday. The guy behind the counter agreed. Thankfully I don't have to buy any for a while
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: CCI Primers - 09/27/22
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Seafire Re: CCI Primers - 09/27/22
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

how did you sneak in my shed, and take that picture?
Posted By: boatanchor Re: CCI Primers - 09/27/22

Was that at Scheels by chance ???????
That is exactly the same price and same amount I saw there last Thursday........glad I didn't need any !!!!!!
Posted By: Just a Hunter Re: CCI Primers - 09/27/22

What, no LRP.
Posted By: TRnCO Re: CCI Primers - 09/27/22
seeing that stack of primers on the shelf just makes me wonder how it is that one area in the country is loaded and other areas, like around here, if you find any primers on the shelf they limit you to two trays of 100, at about that same price.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: CCI Primers - 09/28/22
Originally Posted by boatanchor

Was that at Scheels by chance ???????
That is exactly the same price and same amount I saw there last Thursday........glad I didn't need any !!!!!!

Yep. In Reno. They had Rem 7 1/2's for $75/brick a couple months ago. 5,000 primer limit. There's another place that has them for less money. Just posting the pic because Scheels had quite a bit and people are saying they can't find any.
© 24hourcampfire