Home
Posted By: Pharmseller Redemption - 05/24/23
So I pulled all my overpressure .223 Rem loads and started over. Using non-recycled brass and bullets I worked up to book max with Varget and 75 ELDM with zero issues. Hit the range today with a variety of seating depths to try. Found a good one that gave me a five-shot group at 0.564.”

I’ll roll more for confirmation and then chrono.

Lesson learned.

P
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: Redemption - 05/24/23
👍
Posted By: Son_of_the_Gael Re: Redemption - 05/24/23
Excellent!

What COL do you have those 75's at?
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: Redemption - 05/24/23
Really long. Like 2.474.”

1.940” bto. I’m just touching the lands.

P
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Redemption - 05/24/23
Great work. I'll be interested in your chrono results.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Redemption - 05/26/23
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
So I pulled all my overpressure .223 Rem loads and started over. Using non-recycled brass and bullets I worked up to book max with Varget and 75 ELDM with zero issues. Hit the range today with a variety of seating depths to try. Found a good one that gave me a five-shot group at 0.564.”

I’ll roll more for confirmation and then chrono.

Lesson learned.

P

Yet, it was 54 degrees when you were shooting. Wait until it's 90, then here we go again!!!!
Posted By: Seafire Re: Redemption - 05/26/23
Varget is suppose to be one of those non sensitive powders Lawrence.

I know that H 380 is heat sensitive, but if one is under 90 degrees and your ammo hasn't been baking in the sun, H 380 can give some impressive velocities with the 75 AMax and VLD bullets. Say in the 28 grains charge weight range...at least at 1200 to 4500 ft in altitude.
Posted By: MikeS Re: Redemption - 05/26/23
You should be fine with Varget. One of the few powders you can shoot with the same load year round here in Phoenix, Even cooking a .308 round in a very hot chamber has little effect I can see. Of course, internet mileage may vary...
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: Redemption - 06/04/23
Hit the range today with Varmint Cong and Pest Control.

Pest Control, so named by my son when he was little, is a 50 grain BT Varmint over 26.5 grains of Benchmark, for a touch over 3400 fps at the muzzle.

VC likes her some PC. Four shots.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

P
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Redemption - 06/05/23
that's pretty sweet.
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: Redemption - 06/05/23
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Hit the range today with Varmint Cong and Pest Control.

Pest Control, so named by my son when he was little, is a 50 grain BT Varmint over 26.5 grains of Benchmark, for a touch over 3400 fps at the muzzle.

VC likes her some PC. Four shots.

P

I had issues with that load. Didn’t want to play nice during a match on a 98* day. Stiff bolt on open. Repeated that phenomena on a 95* day. Backed the load down to 25.8, lost 30-40 fps and the ES/SD went up but accuracy was good. Your velocity seems a little low but what the hell.

5 shots

Posted By: Pharmseller Re: Redemption - 06/06/23
Unlike the TAC load that got me in trouble, I’ve used this combo anywhere from snow to high heat without issue.

I’m not ready to give up on my 75 grain ELDM quest, but it’s nice to know I have a good backup.

P
© 24hourcampfire