Home
Posted By: scott_r Powder and Primer supply - 06/06/09
Are things starting to look better or worse for supply on primers and powder?
I was in a shop in Yorkton SK and the guy wanted $65US for a box of 10 primers, I walked out. Normal price here in Canada for these are $30
10 primers? or 10 boxes of primers?
even if its a brick of 10 boxes that seems a little steep, but I haven't had to buy primers in a while.
Posted By: scott_r Re: Powder and Primer supply - 06/06/09
That was for a brick. It was $70 CND I just think its plain stupid to pay those prices. He told me it was Obamas fault. I told him he was greedy, he didnt like that.
LOL I bet not.

has the canadian dollar really surpassed the american?
I remember when $1 can = $.75 US or close to around there.
No we're sitting around the .90 and climbing. The dollar jumped up around 12 cents in the past few months
Posted By: denton Re: Powder and Primer supply - 06/06/09
$70 Canadian = $63.38 US.

Ridiculous price for a brick of primers. Yup... greedy alright.

I got three bricks of various types a couple of weeks ago for $32.50 US each.

Oops my math was wrong..Are dollar isnt that good yet.

Cheers!!
Originally Posted by denton
$70 Canadian = $63.38 US.

Ridiculous price for a brick of primers. Yup... greedy alright.

I got three bricks of various types a couple of weeks ago for $32.50 US each.

Is the supply in the States getting better for primers?
Both powder and primers have shown up here in the last few weeks.

I'm back in shape with a 2 yr supply of just about everything but bullets.

Spot
I'm still needing small rifle primers, powder hasn't been hard to find, but I have a cabelas only 20 minutes away
Posted By: JPro Re: Powder and Primer supply - 06/07/09
Just this morning, I was looking at the last invoice where I ordered primers. $22.00 per 1000 was the norm in November and it got crazy after that....
Insane, eh?
The other day, some CCI 400s mysteriously showed up at the local gun emporium for 32 or 30 bucks, I forget. (It's the shock)
I suppose for Canada, the new export bullpuckey paperwork and fees (Homeland Security, ya know) are making American stuff more spendy. Time for a Canadian maker, but gosh if I would ever imagine what your "Conservative" government is really like. Harper is trying, but geeze.
Posted By: bpolege Re: Powder and Primer supply - 06/08/09
I was at Wholesale Sports in Edmonton Alberta last week, and they had no small rifle primers of any type, and only about 5000 large rifle primers of assorted types. They did however have the BL-C2 powder that I was looking for for my 5.56 x 45. That was about the fourth gun shop that I went to before finding the powder.
Posted By: Enios Re: Powder and Primer supply - 06/11/09
Got no problem finding the powder I shoot and at a fair price. Just picked up 2 8lb jugs of Varget for 135 a piece. Did give 28 for a brick of WLR primers tho. Thought that was fair considering they were the first I've seen since fall. I had bought 10,000 Remington 7 1/2's back in the fall for 236 dolors so I'm pretty good on them till things loosen back up some, already had plenty of Federal and Winchesters.
Posted By: ttpoz Re: Powder and Primer supply - 06/12/09
I ordered some powder from T & T on April 28th - no sign of it.

Ordered some primers from Cabelas on May 2nd - backordered until the end of June.
© 24hourcampfire