Home
was informed buy a guy that should know that the government was worried about all the ammo the vets are bring back to the states that they had changed the rim diameter in the 5.56 so it will not function in a 223 caliber rifle inless the bolt was opened up wonder why they would do that must be afraid of us anybody know anything about this little move or is it just rumor
Mooo.
Plop.
Oh boy! lol

BS..................
Was the guy's name "Tator" or "Bubba"? smile
Originally Posted by 1912earl
was informed buy a guy that should know...

Apparently not....

...all the ammo the vets are bring back to the states...

Having been there, I'll just say there ain't much coming back with anybody from overseas. You have a much better chance of scoring some from a buddy "off the books" stateside than you ever would bringing some home, especially in any sort of meaningful quantities.

Also, what do you think the cost and logistical hassle would be in changing all of the bolts in the M-16/M-4/M-249 type weapons currently in the military system? What if they missed one, and a guy got in a firefight with a non-updated weapon, and got killed cause his weapon wouldn't function? If the "new" ammo won't function in a civilian weapon with the same dimensions as the military weapons, how is the military going to use it either??

Tell your "informed buddy" that he's full of it!
Originally Posted by stillbeeman
Was the guy's name "Tator" or "Bubba"? smile

Lee.....
Which Lee?
I predate Nam and Iraq by quite a bit but we had a shake down when I got back to the states.
It's interesting to hear the old "jerk their chain" system is still in place.
A Really wet plop......
ask your source if I could get directions to Santa house he never brought the scope i wanted for Christmas and i would like to pay him a visit .

if they changed the rims you would think they would go all the way and make 6.8 or 6.5 .

© 24hourcampfire