Home
Before I ordered I called AND emailed with the same response. Ruger states it is a 1:10 but a cleaning rod and a mark shows it's a 1:14. Not a deal breaker but I had planned to use a heavier pill.
Your cleaning rod method could be giving you a false read. Pushing a rod through, whatever's on the end will unscrew itself. To check twist use a brush and pull it through from the muzzle. Start inside the barrel. Tape on the rod at the rod guide, mark the top and then...pull....till the mark is on top again. Measure edge of tape to back of guide.
Originally Posted by ZacP
Before I ordered I called AND emailed with the same response. Ruger states it is a 1:10 but a cleaning rod and a mark shows it's a 1:14. Not a deal breaker but I had planned to use a heavier pill.

Very good to know! The 1:10 typo could make for a lot of pissed off customers.
Never knew it was much in question.
No way in hell were they going to put a 1-10" twist on a 22/250.
Originally Posted by Ackman
Your cleaning rod method could be giving you a false read. Pushing a rod through, whatever's on the end will unscrew itself. To check twist use a brush and pull it through from the muzzle. Start inside the barrel. Tape on the rod at the rod guide, mark the top and then...pull....till the mark is on top again. Measure edge of tape to back of guide.

The 3 rifles I have with left hand twists would give you fits.
© 24hourcampfire