Home
Posted By: devnull Loading for a p-dog hunt? - 02/23/15
How many of you do your reloading right before a p-dog trip and how many have loads that you've loaded from years earlier? \

Any accuracy difference from the older loads related to cold weld?
Posted By: muddy22 Re: Loading for a p-dog hunt? - 02/23/15
MY old loads I generally bump them in the seater die to break any bond, but most have had graphite on the inside of the neck when sized so no problems. Muddy
Posted By: deflave Re: Loading for a p-dog hunt? - 02/23/15
Originally Posted by devnull
How many of you do your reloading right before a p-dog trip and how many have loads that you've loaded from years earlier? \

Any accuracy difference from the older loads related to cold weld?

Reload your reloads?

[bleep] that.

Put it all in the truck and go shoot p-dogs.

Travis
Posted By: drover Re: Loading for a p-dog hunt? - 02/23/15
You must be bored or have too much time on your hands.

Any gains realized by doing what you suggest would be so minimal as to be non-existent in a field shooting situation, after all it PD shooting - not a benchrest match.

drover
Posted By: devnull Re: Loading for a p-dog hunt? - 02/24/15
Sorry for the confusion on the initial post. Here's another way to say it. Can anyone notice the difference in accuracy b/t fresh loads and unused loads that were for p-dog trips from past years?
They both kill dogs just fine..
Posted By: deflave Re: Loading for a p-dog hunt? - 02/24/15
Sorry for the confusion on the initial post. Here's another way to say it. Can anyone notice the difference in accuracy b/t fresh loads and unused loads that were for p-dog trips from past years?

No.

Travis
If they are stored cool and dry, no worries. If you worry, shoot the old stuff up first, which is what I do.
But properly loaded and stored ammo (don't ask the Flave about that) keeps a long time. Go have fun.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Loading for a p-dog hunt? - 02/27/15

Nope....
Posted By: Redhill Re: Loading for a p-dog hunt? - 03/05/15
I've shot some of my reloads that were done over 6-7 years ago through the chrony and onto paper and compared them to some "fresh" stuff using the same components and the results only differed due to the shooter...............me.
You're good to go. Usually the wind makes the most difference. smile
Posted By: Rodell Re: Loading for a p-dog hunt? - 03/12/15
The load I've selected is tolerant of minor changes and I've not seen any difference with loads left from last year. My goal is not to take any home, though!
© 24hourcampfire