Home
Posted By: cjh browning 223 wssm - 12/29/16
Hey guys.....I am looking for some help. I have a Browning a-bolt 223 wssm with the gray laminate stock and a heavy stainless barrel. I believe it was a non-cataloged limited-run around 2006 and I can not find any info on its value. I was thinking of selling it and would like to ask a fair price. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: browning 223 wssm - 12/29/16

Gun Broker ?

is the barrel toast......................
Posted By: cjh Re: browning 223 wssm - 12/29/16
Sorry, I should have said, it is like new. I have fired it 10 times total, it is just sitting in my safe. Thus the reason I would like to sell. I will try to put some pictures on later. I can not find a gun like it on Gun Broker or Guns America
Posted By: cjh Re: browning 223 wssm - 12/29/16
Sorry, I should have said, it is like new. I have fired it 10 times total, it is just sitting in my safe. Thus the reason I would like to sell. I will try to put some pictures on later. I can not find a gun like it on Gun Broker or Guns America
Posted By: 17_wizzer Re: browning 223 wssm - 12/29/16
PM sent.

One sold on gunauction.com for $650 with Leupold scope
Posted By: MZ5 Re: browning 223 wssm - 12/29/16
Sounds like a Varmint Stalker. The 223 WSSMs from Browning all have hard-chromed barrel bores, so they shoot out no faster than the average 22-250, or often more slowly. Should be a good rifle. Win brass for it is absolute garbage, and all the WSSM brass is very ...different to work with as a handloader.

Couldn't give you a 'value,' except to say that most are not much interested in the WSSMs.
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: browning 223 wssm - 01/02/17
BOSS set-up?? High Gloss Thumbhole stock?? May be an Eclipse Varmint.
Posted By: Troutnut Re: browning 223 wssm - 01/02/17
The caliber is what kills this . Brass is tough to find at times and factory ammo pretty much non existing. Great round though if someone has brass.
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: browning 223 wssm - 01/02/17
Originally Posted by MZ5
Sounds like a Varmint Stalker. The 223 WSSMs from Browning all have hard-chromed barrel bores, so they shoot out no faster than the average 22-250, or often more slowly. Should be a good rifle. Win brass for it is absolute garbage, and all the WSSM brass is very ...different to work with as a handloader.

Couldn't give you a 'value,' except to say that most are not much interested in the WSSMs.

If the chrome stays in the barrel and doesn't peel out. Exactly how I got my current 22-250.
Posted By: Dave_Skinner Re: browning 223 wssm - 01/04/17
223 WSSM was a mistake. That's going to weigh a lot on any "value."
It was just short and fat taken to an extreme, a fad. The fad's over. Sorry, but it's not worth much as is.
Posted By: Sfcb Re: browning 223 wssm - 02/02/17
I may be interested. I am by Wisconsin dells. I have just purchased one with some ammo. Let me know what you want.
© 24hourcampfire