Home
Posted By: willecoyote Tikka T3 compact 223 - 03/05/18
Looks like I might be able to trade for a tikka t3 compact 223. If it works out, Ill be in the rifle cheap. I like the idea of the short barrel but the length of pull is short for me. Looking at the tikka site, some of these came with a 30mm spacer but this one doesn't. This would be my first tikka, how are they to deal with as far as ordering the spacer?
Thanks
Will
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Tikka T3 compact 223 - 03/05/18
Sell or trade for a full length stock, if it doesn't have a spacer. Or, if you don't like the compact stock.

I have been trying to get a compact, but am always behind the 8 ball. Would be able to trade if you decide to go that route.
Posted By: willecoyote Re: Tikka T3 compact 223 - 03/05/18
Thanks, If the trade goes through, I'll let you know.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Tikka T3 compact 223 - 03/05/18
I had one of them, and liked it. I hunted with it in the winter, and with heavy clothing on, the LOP was no problem.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Tikka T3 compact 223 - 03/06/18
Appreciate that.
Posted By: willecoyote Re: Tikka T3 compact 223 - 03/11/18
She is a shooter!
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/12709783/pics

I can't figure out how to get the pic to post directly here.
Posted By: willecoyote Re: Tikka T3 compact 223 - 03/11/18
When I got my hands on the rifle I realized someone had already switched the stock, it is 13.5" lop. I guess, or maybe Tikka sold some with 20" barrels and standard stocks, either way, worked out better for me anyway. Sorry Dillonbuck.
Posted By: Dan700mn Re: Tikka T3 compact 223 - 03/18/18
I have a t3 compact in 308 for my daughter to shoot and when I shoot it I put on an limbsaver slip on pad for the extra length.
They are great guns.
Posted By: DLALLDER Re: Tikka T3 compact 223 - 03/22/18
I have an 30-06 that was cut down, barrel and stock, for the wife to use when in a stand. Lot easier for her to handle in the stand but when I use it I put a slip on pad to increase the LOP. Works great for me.
Posted By: Roystu Re: Tikka T3 compact 223 - 02/09/19
I have the T3 Compact that I bought for my granddaughter hoping she would enjoy hunting. Didn't happen so I put the extension on and kept it for myself. It is a short and sweet little rig that hangs around with me a lot now. You can't go wrong with Tikka
© 24hourcampfire