Home
Who has a favorite fast and accurate 65-75 gr 6mm rem load?
No desire to save hides . I just want a great load for varminting. I have a fair amount of 4064, imr 4350 and varget. It be great if your loads uses those but not mandatory.
Thanks
Rob.
most accurate load in my accurate rifle...

47 grains of H 414... 75 HP, from Hornady.. discontinued of course.

3650 fps...
Thanks! This will be for a November 1990 manufacture varmint special I just acquired. It's accurate with factory 100gr corelocts.
Have the same exact rifle. I use 60 and 70 gr Sierra HP Varminter bullets. The 60gr are very accurate with IMR3031 - 38.5 grains and the 70gr are just as good with IMR4064 and 41.5 grs.. Even with my old eyes the five shot groups are all touching in a less than 1/2 inch group. Bone stock rifle with a bit of work on the trigger. Love that gun.
I've got a 1963 700 Carbine that really likes 39.0 grns I3031 and the 75 grn Hornady HP's, Rem 9.5. The 75's are a hammer on deer.
My Rem 788 likes 42 gr A4064 under a 75 gr Vmax for about 3380 fps from its 22" barrel.
Thanks guys. I had a 700 carbine in 6mm rem but I found it ungodly unmanageable with the short barrel. Nifty rifle tho but it whalloped the [bleep] out of me! This varmint special is just right! Picked up some 75gr vmax a d gonna give some of these a whirl.
Originally Posted by cath8r
Thanks! This will be for a November 1990 manufacture varmint special I just acquired. It's accurate with factory 100gr corelocts.

I’ve got that exact same rifle. Mine LOVES 55 gr Nosler Ballistic Tips with a max load of IMR 4064. Mine will shoot little tiny sub 1/2” groups with that load. I’ve killed a ton of Prairie Dogs and a couple of Antelope with that same load.
75 grain bullet IMR 4350 48 grains. First varmint load I used, none better

1/4” group 5 shot, repeatedly shot 1/4” or smaller with Sierra, Speer and Remington hollow points.
Originally Posted by cath8r
Sounds like you are good to go. One bullet to cover all of your needs. No need to mess with a known good thing.
Yeah...i hear you but I really like reloading and want a frangible hollow point for safety sakes and maximum drt.
© 24hourcampfire