Home
Posted By: Hippy Mashburn Bee - 06/13/18
I have been a Mashburn Bee fan for 40+ years I had owned a bunch of 22 Hornets from Sako L-46 , 78 Winchester 70 ,43 H&R Handi Rifle Savage 23 and some I can't recall and the Bee was the ONLY one that gave me Consistent 1/2" groups all the others struggled to get any.

The Bee was stolen and since time I have searched for a replacement saw quite a few built on the Martini and 43 A few weeks back one was posted here it now carefully resides in my Gun Safe

The groups shown here were at 100 YDS 5 shots each using Winchester brass ( Pulled down from factory ammo) with Remington 7.5 the group on the left is 40 Sierra BT and the rite is with 40 V-Max with and brass that is 25-30 years old from pulled down ammo with CFE-Blk it proves that "Older" calibers are are indeed accurate in modern rifles at least to me

Attached picture Image 1_resized_resized.jpg
Attached picture CFE Black 40 V-Max (2)_BINGO.jpg
Posted By: barm Re: Mashburn Bee - 06/13/18
I have a friend who shoots one he built on a Sako action. He loves it.
Posted By: Calif. Hunter Re: Mashburn Bee - 06/13/18
My brother has a .218 Mashburn Bee on the Martini action. He did a stainless half round, half octagon barrel on it. Beautiful little shooter and handy for walking around, potting ground squirrels.
Posted By: Diablero Re: Mashburn Bee - 06/14/18
Originally Posted by Hippy
I have been a Mashburn Bee fan for 40+ years I had owned a bunch of 22 Hornets from Sako L-46 , 78 Winchester 70 ,43 H&R Handi Rifle Savage 23 and some I can't recall and the Bee was the ONLY one that gave me Consistent 1/2" groups all the others struggled to get any.

I've got a CZ 527 lux and a Browning Micro Medallion both in 22 Hornet and it's no struggle at all to get 1/2 inch groups with either. Lil gun powder with Sierra 45 grain hornet seems to be the magic potion for either rifle. I bought a NIB CZ 527 .221 FB last week and I imagine that I'll feed it Lil gun as well. The .218 looks like a fine round but I haven't stepped in that direction, (yet) lol. Nice groups.
© 24hourcampfire