Home
Posted By: bbassi best way to remove a crimp - 01/17/19
I shoot a 20P and just got a bunch of LC brass to convert. I'm thinking about setting up my Lee turrent press with the right dies to size and neck down the brass quickly so I have to handle the brass less(I have all the dies). My problem is I normally use a RCBS swag die set to remove the crimp. That's not going to work if the brass is already necked down so I'm looking for the best/fastest alternative for removing the crimp after the 20P brass is formed.
Posted By: HawkI Re: best way to remove a crimp - 01/17/19
vld chamfer them out.
Originally Posted by bbassi
I shoot a 20P and just got a bunch of LC brass to convert. I'm thinking about setting up my Lee turrent press with the right dies to size and neck down the brass quickly so I have to handle the brass less(I have all the dies). My problem is I normally use a RCBS swag die set to remove the crimp. That's not going to work if the brass is already necked down so I'm looking for the best/fastest alternative for removing the crimp after the 20P brass is formed.

Causing more problems and work to work less. Sheesh just handle em 1 more time and swage before. 😳
You can always ream the crimp out but I don't like doing that. My reamers are all hand held and tend to wallow out the primer pocket more than I like. I'm with Swifty on this one, swage them before you resize if possible.
Posted By: MILES58 Re: best way to remove a crimp - 01/17/19
Chuck a VLD reamer in a drill and have at 'em. Fast and easy.
Yes, the dewalt crimp remover does work it’s my preferred method when needed as I don’t have or am willing to buy a swager. He has one so why not go the better route. I know, too much time.
But heres what’s funny, I still remember handling 2000 rounds of brass and changing dies twice to load 500 rounds of either 38/357, 41, or 45’s on a single stage. Thanks to later progressives the problem was solved.
If you're not going to swage, then fire up the drill press and use your nice, sharp 45 degree countersink. Handheld with my hand braced on the drill table works well enough and is fast, like three seconds max per case.
Posted By: kellory Re: best way to remove a crimp - 01/23/19
Best way to remove a crimp? Refuse to pay him.
CRIMP.
noun
a person who gets men by force or trickery to serve as sailors or soldiers
verb transitive
to trick or force (men) into service as sailors or soldiers
Best way to remove a crimp,is to start without a fhuqking crimp and quit polishing turds.

Hint..................
Posted By: Seafire Re: best way to remove a crimp - 01/23/19
I load the 20 Practical...

I remove the crimp ( if any) before necking it down to 20 cal.

I use a Dillion Primer Pocket Swagging set up... I think I bought one for $50- from another forum member.

I think it was Higbean who turned me on to the existence of this piece of reloading equipment.

I'll say its the best $50 I've spent on anything on my reload bench
What do the look like? How do they work?

Thanks!...................
Posted By: Seafire Re: best way to remove a crimp - 01/23/19
Dillon can help ya out Stumpy...

You're welcome.
Posted By: 79S Re: best way to remove a crimp - 01/23/19
Rcbs makes one now that looks exactly like the Dillon 600. I use the Rcbs version and I can 200-300 cases in a hour or less.. i had one the op uses and those things are worthless..
Originally Posted by Seafire
Dillon can help ya out Stumpy...

You're welcome.

Ooooopsie!

[Linked Image]

Laughing!................
Posted By: javman Re: best way to remove a crimp - 01/24/19
Could use a Hornady Primer Reamer! Quick and easy.
Posted By: hanco Re: best way to remove a crimp - 01/27/19
I had a Dillon, sold it, I use a reamer, faster-easier, only way to fly!
Posted By: Seafire Re: best way to remove a crimp - 01/27/19
Originally Posted by hanco

And I bought it... ( thanks again Hanco!! ) I love it...

Mine looks exactly like Stimpy's, except mine's not covered in Rust....

Stimpy must throw that in the river to celebrate catching a fish.. like he does with his rifles...
before taking his "zero/HERO" pics....

one has to ask Stumpy... Do you own anything that isn't "F.Upped" and trashed? and Rusty?

you really do have that methhead trailer trash out look on life don't ya?

Sure hate to see what the floor in your dump looks like, and especially the rest of your house now that your
wife bailed ship....

Good thing Craig AK doesn't have a Health Dept....

You give me new found respect for transients and their hygiene habits.
Posted By: 79S Re: best way to remove a crimp - 01/28/19
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by hanco

And I bought it... ( thanks again Hanco!! ) I love it...

Mine looks exactly like Stimpy's, except mine's not covered in Rust....

Stimpy must throw that in the river to celebrate catching a fish.. like he does with his rifles...
before taking his "zero/HERO" pics....

one has to ask Stumpy... Do you own anything that isn't "F.Upped" and trashed? and Rusty?

you really do have that methhead trailer trash out look on life don't ya?

Sure hate to see what the floor in your dump looks like, and especially the rest of your house now that your
wife bailed ship....

Good thing Craig AK doesn't have a Health Dept....

You give me new found respect for transients and their hygiene habits.

Oh boy.... no wonder why everyone in Craig hates you... lol... A simple mine looks like his, would of sufficed. But you need to keep your street cred with the boys on 24 hour lol.. and well you end up with what you wrote... lol..
She's an Opiate Addled Brokedick Fhuqk,fraught with perptually cryin' the blues...which ain't no "act".(grin)

Bless her heart for TRYING so hard.

Hint.

Laughing!.................
Posted By: 79S Re: best way to remove a crimp - 01/28/19
well there you have it... let the feud continue lol...
One simply lets Retards,do their thing and hand 'em copious slack on the fhuqking rope and delight in their exceedingly WELL founded Insecurities.

Hint..................(grin)
Posted By: Seafire Re: best way to remove a crimp - 01/28/19
Originally Posted by 79S
well there you have it... let the feud continue lol...

ahhh John... Stumpy doesn't know what to do with it....

I actually like the guy, as funny as that sounds... I am sure that alone pisses Stimpy off...

you ever notice, when you insult Stumpy, he gives some response no one who passed the third grade understands... and then the difference if you give him a response, asking a question, his insults are more vicious....

Stumpy and insults are like wrestling pigs in the mud... the pig loves it...Stumpy loves insults...

he loves being the center of attention... so we let him do so,

it fills the hole in his empty life...

I only wish him well, but its hard not to notice he's his worst enemy....

and no one likes me in Craig AK? only two people I'm aware of are Calvin and Stumpy...
both who I have on ignore...when I feel like seeing what Stumpy posts, I toggle it..

Calvin, I NEVER toggle his posts...
Shefire,

I enjoy that your Geriatric Opiate Abuse Routine,isn't a fhuqking "act". Hint. Congratulations?!?

Your "life" is a toggle.

Bless your heart for TRYING.

Hint.

Laughing!...................
Posted By: Seafire Re: best way to remove a crimp - 01/29/19
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Shefire,

I enjoy that your Geriatric Opiate Abuse Routine,isn't a fhuqking "act". Hint. Congratulations?!?

Your "life" is a toggle.

Bless your heart for TRYING.

Hint.

Laughing!...................

From a guy who never met a post with his name in it that he COULDN'T respond to...

Stimpy... did you get that AA info on PoW Island I sent ya....

The one for Alcoholic's Anonymous... but also the other one... Azzholes Anonymous...

I'm still looking for the three you requested... INsults Anonymous... and Rusty Rifles Anonymous...
Short People with Bald Heads Anonymous...
© 24hourcampfire