Home
The yearly egg shoot went very well. My rifle for this is a Marlin XS7 with a Adams and Bennet 22-250 barrel installed. The load I used was 14 grains of Blue Dot under a Speer .223 semi-spitzer popped with a CCI 250 Mag primer. I let my Grandson and Grand daughter shoot this rifle. The grownups had to shoot off of sticks standing but the kids shoot from the bench. I did no real workup just gave the rifle a couple clicks down from the old sight in using 16.8 grains of IMR 4227, same bullet and primer. Well the Grandson was a real contender shooting from the bench! The game is played like this, all shooters anty up a buck and the first hit wins all and we anty up again next shooter in the rotation shoots. Goes pretty fast but Drake was hitting every shot! He may have missed 3 times all night. Gonna put him on sticks next year. Range is 100 yards. I started with 10 bucks and ended up with three after 4 hours of shooting. Drake came out way ahead but good for him, think he is going to be a shooter when he grows up (he is 13).
sounds like a fun evening and some good field practice (shooting from sticks).
Originally Posted by rickt300
The yearly egg shoot went very well. My rifle for this is a Marlin XS7 with a Adams and Bennet 22-250 barrel installed. The load I used was 14 grains of Blue Dot under a Speer .223 semi-spitzer popped with a CCI 250 Mag primer. I let my Grandson and Grand daughter shoot this rifle. The grownups had to shoot off of sticks standing but the kids shoot from the bench. I did no real workup just gave the rifle a couple clicks down from the old sight in using 16.8 grains of IMR 4227, same bullet and primer. Well the Grandson was a real contender shooting from the bench! The game is played like this, all shooters anty up a buck and the first hit wins all and we anty up again next shooter in the rotation shoots. Goes pretty fast but Drake was hitting every shot! He may have missed 3 times all night. Gonna put him on sticks next year. Range is 100 yards. I started with 10 bucks and ended up with three after 4 hours of shooting. Drake came out way ahead but good for him, think he is going to be a shooter when he grows up (he is 13).

grin

don't ya love it when a plan comes together....

congrats to Drake....and Grandpa...
rickt300,

Where did you get the A&B barrel if you don't mind me asking? Miss those barrels.
rickt300: why are you using Mag primers? was there a problem with standard pistol primes?
© 24hourcampfire