Home
Has anyone ever found out what 45gr bullet was used in this load? Got a long throated 22 Hornet barrel and this just might be the perfect bullet for it....?
Buy a box, pull them and reload. Other than that, look at the Win component listings, since 45 is uncommon, if its a 45 HP, that's probably the one you want.

The 45s shoot pretty well in my Dad's 700 22-250.
That 45gr HP is a distinctive looking bullet, but I've never seen it available as a component.

My experience with a long throated (Ruger #1) 22 Hornet led me to settle on the 40gr V-Max and nearly a case full of AA1680. It's about 200 fps below the cartridge's full potential, but boringly accurate.
Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar
Has anyone ever found out what 45gr bullet was used in this load? Got a long throated 22 Hornet barrel and this just might be the perfect bullet for it....?

I have often wondered what bullet they used. About 15 years ago I used to buy the 223 stuff at Walmart at $15.00 for 40 rounds, I had good luck with the Winchester brass so it made a lot of sense to purchase 3 or 4 boxes of it from time to time just to lay in the once fired brass.

The best part of was that they would group with really well out of any 223 I tried them in, especially my Cooper Varminter.

drover
Groups well in a 12 twist Howa, and will flat out mess up a groundhog. My default round in that Howa.
With so many other good bullets available, why would you even go to the trouble of obtaining these?
Originally Posted by FC363
With so many other good bullets available, why would you even go to the trouble of obtaining these?

Your avatar actually nicely compliments your post's question....

well played.....
Tried a few out of a 223 on various critters, worked well and always shot very good.

Same bullet was hell on coyotes and splattered some other critters from a 22/250.

Would be nice as a component bullet.
I used to shoot a lot of the white box 22-250 and they were hell on critters and extremely accurate. My uncle took a deer with them one year. Almost decapitated.
Originally Posted by Seafire

well played.....

Thanks smile

There are just so many good standard cup-and-core bullets from Hornady, Sierra, and Speer available at a cheap price, I just never game much thought to getting the Winchester power Points as a component.
Originally Posted by Seafire

well played.....

Thanks smile

There are just so many good standard cup-and-core bullets from Hornady, Sierra, and Speer available at a cheap price, I just never game much thought to getting the Winchester power Points as a component.

Not a Power Point, these are a very frangible HP. Hell on critters and very accurate.
© 24hourcampfire