Home
I have CFE223 data for the 40 grain VMAX but absolutely nothing on the 39 grain.
With the 40 grain VMAX:

A minimum load of 27.3 grains gives 3,518 fps.

A maximum load of 29.7 grains gives 3,836 fps.

Can this data be massaged to use it with the 39 grain BlitzKing, Safely?
Cliff,

I loaded 700 rounds of a similar combo for a fellow campfire member here in town, who goes by the handle BrassMan...

He's my source for ALL my brass needs..

he gave me an 8 lb jug of CFE 223, and 7 boxes of 39 grain BlitzKings..

in a 20 Practical, I loaded 29.5 grains of CFE for him...

They worked well, didn't get to chronograph them... but he used them for shooting sage rats out on a trip with me..

they were very accurate....
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

In my opinion yes, I'd use it and work up as normal. While there are differences between bullet makes, in practicality I doubt you'd find any difference between a 40 vmax and 39 blitzking.
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

In my opinion yes, I'd use it and work up as normal. While there are differences between bullet makes, in practicality I doubt you'd find any difference between a 40 vmax and 39 blitzking.

I agree....
It's the most accurate bullet in my .204. I'm using W748 however.
Wish they weren't so expensive!
Thanks to all. I felt like it isn't a big deal but wanted to verify with others.
FWIW, I've loaded 39 Sierras, 40 Hornadys, and 40 Noslers all with the same load/charge, and suffered no ill effects, though my rifles won't shoot that lonnnnnggggg Hornady worth beans. Danged shame, but the Sierras, being shorter than the other two, shot best, My two .204s have always preferred the shorter 32s.
I know others who have commented on how well the 39 grainers shot compared to the 40's. Thanks for chiming in.
I have CFE223 data for the 40 grain VMAX but absolutely nothing on the 39 grain.
With the 40 grain VMAX:

A minimum load of 27.3 grains gives 3,518 fps.

A maximum load of 29.7 grains gives 3,836 fps.

Yes
Should have asked you first...

Thanks.
© 24hourcampfire