Home
Went by the Sierra Bullets booth here at SHOT today and was told of this new loaded ammo. When asked if the bullet will be available as components, I was told since the bullet is already in house for ammo, the bullet should be available as a component.

Here is the run down of the new "Prairie Enemy" Varmint & Predator ammo:

204 Ruger-36 grain Blitzking

223 Remington-55 grain Blitzking

223 Remington-69 grain Blitzking

224 Valkyrie-69 grain Blitzking

243 Winchester-70 grain Blitzking
Interesting....

I wonder what problem the 36gr .204 load is designed to cure....?
According to the guy at Sierra I spoke with, the 39's & 40's sometimes were less than stable at low altitudes. This was due to the relatively slow twist of 12" common in 204 Ruger barrels.
I don't care for 39's or 40's, but love 37gr.
Are the 36gr. aimed more at the Varmint hunting and not so much towards Predators?
I would be guessing but I would say more toward varmint hunting. Best to call Sierra to get a good answer.
Makes a certain amount of sense. They had the 32 BK and the 39 (best shooters for me so far) so that fills a gap. The other important thing about the BKs is they have a shortish boat tail, giving you more neck contact.
OSU Sig: This news is of great interest to me.
I am a tremendous 204 Ruger proponent and currently own several Rifles (seven!) in this caliber.
All of my current 204 Ruger Varmint weight (long barrels) Rifles have shot the 35 grain Bergers EXTREMELY well but they are very expensive and very hard to come by in my neck'o the woods.
So I had to "settle" on the wonderfully accurate Sierra 32 grain Blitz-Kings.
And they have worked amazingly well for me to date in all those Rifles.
I think it would be worth my while to give these 36 grainers a trial and review their ballistic performance (trajectory, wind deflection, accuracy etc).
Thanks for the heads up.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
What's the word on these? I haven't seen them listed anywhere yet.
I don't know. May have to make a call to Sierra tomorrow to see what the deal is...
Originally Posted by ChuckRock
What's the word on these? I haven't seen them listed anywhere yet.

Spoke with Sierra today. The bullets are initially available as finished ammo. It's Sierra's Prairie Enemy line. I bought 5 boxes from Graf's. They were not at Midway yet.
I really like the Blitzkings, the biggest problem I have with them is at 20.00 + a 100 is when you shoot 500-800 in 1 day it gets really expensive.
I agree.
I'm going to try these and see how they do on the prairie dog fields
© 24hourcampfire