Home
Posted By: jwp475 Best Choke - 10/28/20

For 00/000 buckshot for tight groups @40 yards
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: Best Choke - 10/28/20
Here's a read for you.

https://bestchokefortrap.com/best-choke-for-buckshot/
Posted By: keith Re: Best Choke - 10/28/20
I use a Carson's extra Full choke for 00 and 000 Buckshot with Remington buffered buckshot going in a 20" circle at 40 yards, 100%
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Best Choke - 10/29/20
Originally Posted by keith
I use a Carson's extra Full choke for 00 and 000 Buckshot with Remington buffered buckshot going in a 20" circle at 40 yards, 100%

I bought a Carlson long range water foul choke today and it i s working very well
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Best Choke - 10/31/20
Funny thing, my hand loads with Hornady 000 shot best with the full choke in my 870, the mod choke tube shot best with the home cast 000 buck from a 16 cavity Lee gang mold, have only shot to 20 yards, can go measure them if need be, only putting together loads for house work, not hunting, the Hornadys mic at 350 inch, the Lee's mic at 360 inch.
Posted By: dennisinaz Re: Best Choke - 01/03/21
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

Did you read this. Must have been written by a Chinese robot
Posted By: Ranger99 Re: Best Choke - 01/03/21
Ultimately, you'll have to just try different chokes
and ammo since every firearm behaves differently

There's a bunch of videos on yoofloob that
show different options. The bubba rountree
man seems to make the most sense to me
personally since he explains in detail THEN
makes the shots instead of just quoting a
manual like so many bs'ers on yoofloob do
Posted By: MOGC Re: Best Choke - 01/04/21
Bubba is true to his name. Instead of using a known standard target size and testing protocol he hand draws a target and then counts every hit as if it were a lethal pellet strike. Good thing he used dogs in his deer hunting because he wouldn't recover all those gutshot deer without trailing dogs.
Posted By: MadDog4298 Re: Best Choke - 01/04/21
I’ve shot a lot of buck shot and the only OO buck I got to group what I call good was Federal Flight control brand. I’m not a fan of the flight control turkey loads but I like the buck shot.

https://www.federalpremium.com/shot...-with-flitecontrol-wad/11-PFC154+00.html

As far as chokes, I’ve tried to get other brands of OO to pattern with several chokes from modified to .675 in a 12 guage Remington 870 but I wasn’t satisfied until I tried the flight control and it shoots so tight I only shoot a factory full with it. The link is for 2 3/4 but I prefer 3 inch.
Posted By: dennisinaz Re: Best Choke - 01/05/21
I got Dead Coyote 00 buck to pattern but it's $6/ a shot
Posted By: dennisinaz Re: Best Choke - 01/16/21
The Trulock Predator patterns nice with #2 shot. At 45 yards i put 35 pellets in one prickly pear pad, his penetration test, too
© 24hourcampfire