Home
Posted By: OSU_Sig Activ 20 ga. hulls - 05/21/21
Anyone remember these? I just recently discovered I have some and can't recall much about them. Any thoughts?
Posted By: jimdgc Re: Activ 20 ga. hulls - 05/21/21
They have a lot of internal volume. Were great for heavy hunting loads. Unfortunately, they’re 35-40 years old.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Activ 20 ga. hulls - 05/21/21
Yeah, the age sounds about right. For some reason, I thought you could load them with the same wad and powder weight as a AA hull. Am I right on this?
Posted By: blammer Re: Activ 20 ga. hulls - 05/22/21
yep, I loaded a bunch with my AA hull info.

worked well for about 4 reloads then toast.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Activ 20 ga. hulls - 05/22/21
I have a lot of AA hulls, might just have to dispose of these. Thanks for the info.
Posted By: FWP Re: Activ 20 ga. hulls - 05/22/21
The 12 ga. Activ hulls are great for hot steel shot reloads. There for a while they were in demand by steel reloaders. I don't hear any talk about them today. I still reload the few remaining 3" 12 gage I have.

I think Ballistic Products once had a manual dedicated to reloading Activ hulls.

I never reloaded the 20's but I have about 8 or 10 boxes of factory 20 gage lead field loads. If I get an opportunity to use them I will look into reloading the 20's.
Posted By: Jerseyboy Re: Activ 20 ga. hulls - 05/22/21
The internal capacity of Activ hulls is much greater than AA hulls. I used to use Activ 20 hulls for my hunting loads. They were my favorite, but that was a long time ago.
Posted By: bobski Re: Activ 20 ga. hulls - 05/22/21
covids over. come on down and visit us and shoot them with us in oct!
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Activ 20 ga. hulls - 05/24/21
What are the dates in October, Bob?
© 24hourcampfire