Posted By: hookeye Lee loader... - 11/26/21
Found one.
Dont reload shells.

Need idea on realistic pricing.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Posted By: Magnum_Bob Re: Lee loader... - 11/26/21
That might be priceless.... think I'd keep it. Mb
Posted By: hookeye Re: Lee loader... - 11/26/21
LOL................guys at LGS said they're worth a Big Mac meal or two nowadays.

There's finally two on Ebay now, over a hundred bucks w no bids. Wasnt any listed before.

I reckon they aint worth half that.
Posted By: woodmaster81 Re: Lee loader... - 11/27/21
Back when a bag of lead shot was under $25 the older metal fitted models sold in the $60-$75 range. The newer, mostly plastic models would sell for $50 if the seller was lucky and more often $40 or less.

Today, if a buyer waved a Grant in my face for either model I would grab it before the buyer regained his senses.
Posted By: scott_arthur Re: Lee loader... - 11/27/21
What gauge is it? If it's anything but 12ga., I could use it.

Scott
Posted By: hookeye Re: Lee loader... - 11/27/21
Its a 12
My hunting bud loads 12 on a progressive.
So I sure aint messin w loading shotshells LOL
Posted By: mikieb Re: Lee loader... - 11/29/21
I sold one last summer for $45.00 delivered. I had it for years and it worked slick... those are good units for the handyman sportsman.
Posted By: dale06 Re: Lee loader... - 01/13/22
I’d say $40 or so. They’re not hard to find, used. I started reloading with them in the 1960s.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Lee loader... - 01/16/22
Thanks for the trip down memory lane. My first reloading was done with a 20-gauge model in 1968. It's still around somewhere.
Posted By: Claysshotgunner Re: Lee loader... - 01/19/22
I just sold a 28 gauge for $125 shipped. Biggest thing to know about these is they are not star crimped. You have to use new or non star crimped hulls. There is not a part to star crimp the hull so you have to use the cardboard over wads and a roll crimp. The roll crimp is part of the set. At least, that is how the 28 gauge is.
Posted By: Buckshot77 Re: Lee loader... - 02/25/22
Originally Posted by Claysshotgunner
I just sold a 28 gauge for $125 shipped. Biggest thing to know about these is they are not star crimped. You have to use new or non star crimped hulls. There is not a part to star crimp the hull so you have to use the cardboard over wads and a roll crimp. The roll crimp is part of the set. At least, that is how the 28 gauge is.

The 2 plastic cylinders in the pic are for star crimps. One for 6 point, one for 8 point.
Posted By: pullit Re: Lee loader... - 02/25/22
I think I have one of these in a drawer somewhere. I will have to look and see
Posted By: roverboy Re: Lee loader... - 02/25/22
Didn't know Lee ever made those. Pretty neat set up.
Posted By: Steve Redgwell Re: Lee loader... - 02/28/22
That's different than mine. You got extra scoops. I got this years ago from a company called Lechmeres in Mass. for the princely sum of $8.88.

Lee Precision might know the approximate value, or point you in the right direction to find out. It's worth as much as someone would pay. smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Posted By: pullit Re: Lee loader... - 03/01/22
That is the one I have as well
Posted By: Spring1898 Re: Lee loader... - 03/03/22
410 or 28 will get more money since they were rarer.

I would give $40 for one. Much more than that I would pass. But someone else might offer more.

You can use them for star crimps, even the older ones set up for roll crimp can do it if there is enough residual crimp left.
© 24hourcampfire