Home
Posted By: 1Longbow But reloading manual - 03/01/22
Best shot shell reloading manual for a gauges and hull types. thank you
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: But reloading manual - 03/01/22
Lyman always worked well, but there are many out there that are great for reference. I had quite a few, if one didn't tell me what I wanted, I'd look at another..
Posted By: pullit Re: But reloading manual - 03/01/22
Lyman is very good, but with all the powder changes now a day, I usually just go to an online source.
Posted By: woodmaster81 Re: But reloading manual - 03/08/22
Lyman is a decent resource guide in the front part of the manual but the data is about 15 years old. Any components newer than that time is not covered and many in the manual have been long discontinued. Again, the reference/how to/instruction part is fine but the data not so much. I would pick a 5th edition up but check with the powder company websites for the latest data.

Personally, I have Lyman, RCBS, Hodgdon, Reloading for Shotgunners, specialty manuals from RSI, BPI, as well as any freebie printed books that one can still find. The websites are still the most current but I am of the age that I prefer paper.
Posted By: dale06 Re: But reloading manual - 03/22/22
Lyman.
FWIW, I had the BPI 16 ga manual. It was worthless, and went to the recycling bin.
Posted By: rainshot Re: But reloading manual - 03/29/22
Lyman was pretty good back when I was competing but I'm not in the loop now.
Posted By: martin1011 Re: But reloading manual - 03/29/22
I have learned and relearned that older reference manuals are helpful if You have the components for the suggested recipie. If I am wanting to try something slightly different I go to https://www.hodgdonreloading.com/reloading-data-center?rdc=true&type=55
works for me maybe not you.
Just trying to be helpful
Martin
Posted By: stevelyn Re: But reloading manual - 04/05/22
The Lyman manual is probably the gold standard. However, last fall I picked up a copy of the RCBS shotshell manual and it has many more recipes with common components than most others. I also have the Advantage 10th Ed, Cheddite, Dove & Pigeon Magic and the Coyote manuals from Ballistic Products along with some of their technical brochures. The only issue with them is the recipes tend to focus mostly on the use of BP wads.
Posted By: Schliebea Re: But reloading manual - 06/04/22
I'll second looking up load data from the powder manufacturers websites. It is usually up-to-date and they are constantly adding new data.

Downside is they don't give much support for technical questions about the reloading process. A paper manual is best for that. IMHO.
© 24hourcampfire