Home
Posted By: tcp #9 lead shot - 06/02/22
Posted here as am hopeful someone may be willing to spare a few lbs of #9 lead shot as I am making pistol shot shells suitable for rats and other pests at close range. 4lbs would last me a long time. Happy to pay cash or trade something you may need. I have a wide variety of pistol and rifle reloading components.

PM me with offers. Thanks.
Posted By: ipopum Re: #9 lead shot - 06/03/22
PM sent
Posted By: philtree Re: #9 lead shot - 06/07/22
where are you located? i've got 125# of no. 8 and can spare a bit.
Posted By: saddlesore Re: #9 lead shot - 06/08/22
Buy a box of any #9 loads, any gauge. Take a them apart and you will have more than you can shoot.That is usually cheaper than shipping any to you.
Posted By: keith Re: #9 lead shot - 06/09/22
+1

Also, take note on the shot size and how it kills snakes and large rats. Often, a larger size shot will penetrate better.
Posted By: tcp Re: #9 lead shot - 06/11/22
I cannot PM you as you are new/not enough posts to receive private messages. Your offer is very generous and I appreciate it.

Everyone is new at some point, After you have been here a while, I will contact you via pm and we can work something out.

Thanks
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: #9 lead shot - 06/19/22
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Buy a box of any #9 loads, any gauge. Take a them apart and you will have more than you can shoot.That is usually cheaper than shipping any to you.

That’s what I did, but bought Rio #12s.
Posted By: PintsofCraft Re: #9 lead shot - 06/19/22
Originally Posted by saddlesore

This is good advice.

Here is a 25lb bag at RotoMetals for a competitive reference

https://www.rotometals.com/magnum-lead-shot-9-08-bag-25-lbs/

https://www.rotometals.com/eagle-magnum-lead-shot-25-lbs-bag/
Posted By: tcp Re: #9 lead shot - 06/20/22
Thanks all -
© 24hourcampfire