Home
With Alliant "Steel " { my go to } being practically non-existent it requires a change when other alternatives are available.

I'm not a novice I've been loading steel for my entire family for yrs just need to know if you've tried any and your results.

Seems similar to Alliant "Pro Reach" with higher vel in lighter payloads of 1 ounce.

Don't need recipes I have more than several from BPI, Precision Reloading as well as a few from waterfowl forums..

Thanks in advance !
I recently bought a 4# jug of Steel from a somewhat local gun shop and saw some more when I was there earlier this week. They will only sell to walk ins, unfortunately for you as they are in Wisconsin. So, Steel is out there but it may take some looking. And a little luck can't hurt.
Longshot has been my go-to powder for my 12ga 3" 1-1/8 oz. ITX-10 #4, 1600 fps waterfowl loads (also used for pheasant). Also use it in 12ga 2-3/4" pheasant loads one to 1-1/8oz ITX10 or bismuth in the 1400fps range. Longshot is good in 20ga field loads, too. I get my loads from the BPI Advantages manual. Good luck! Mark and Belle
Find some Blue Dot and there are some [a few] Lilgun loads
© 24hourcampfire