Home
I bought a case of 10ga Supreme #2 waterfowl loads last year and never open the case. This year when hunting season started and I finished the last boxes I got around to this case. Took a 2 boxes out and put in my duck bag and off I went. Dark thirty and loading my gun from the new boxes, I didn't even look at the shells. First flight and a couple of shots later and more light I got to looking at the shells. Split brass everywhere on the new shells. 13 in the first box. Well, at 249.00 a case I decided to call Winchester and see what could be done. Five calls later, I reach Cheryl in customer relations and tell her my problem. She said give me the lot # number. I did and the she said we'll send a UPS pick up. Received a nice letter one week ago. Then today came home and to my surprise there sits a case and a half of new shells to replace a case sent back. Winchester has earned a new respect from me in this days economy......JERE'
I had Federal do the same thing a few years back.

Like you, I was duck hunting. When picking up my empties at the end of the day, I noticed that a lot of the crimps were blown off and the remaining edge looked sort of singed/melted. They fired fine, killed ducks, and didn't seem much different while shooting them.

Regardless, I called Federal, just to pass it along. They asked if I'd send them a few to inspect, which I did. A couple weeks later, I got a couple boxes sent to me, out of the blue!

It wasn't expected, but certainly appreciated!
© 24hourcampfire