Home
Just finished loading 7# of Hi-Skor 700X to use in the 12 ga this year. That should get me through the trap and one sporting clays league. The formula said I should get 2800 rounds from that amount of powder and I came out short by 18 grs. That meant I was down one full round and a half grain on another. That is pretty good for that amount of powder. I came out a little better on shot, I have about a pound left from the seventh bag.

I was pretty surprised at how close the powder came out. If it would have been just a little humid I probably would have been over on the calculated number of rounds put out. I knew how I would be a little over on shot as the bar throws light but the powder surprised me. I'll have do a comparison with my next powder, it is likely to be Red Dot as I have a few 1 lbs cans in the cabinet I want to get rid of.
Excellent consistency Woods. I like 700x my self, but fell victum too a deal on old formula Nitro 100 bought 16 lbs for 12.50 a lb so that's what I'm using for the next few years. MB
© 24hourcampfire