Home
Posted By: Citori16 WSF for 28ga - 11/03/19
Came into 8# of WSF. Seems to be a great 20ga powder with AA HULLS. Shoot a lot of 28ga AA reloads. Any way to use the WSF for 28ga?
Posted By: woodmaster81 Re: WSF for 28ga - 11/04/19
Lyman listed loads using WSF as did Winchester back when it first came out. A couple years later, Winchester pulled their data a couple years later after further testing showed unpredictable and high pressure spikes. Lyman left their data in subsequent printings.

I used WSF for 28 ga until I learned Winchester pulled the data. If the manufacturer found iserious issue with their own components and pulled the data, I figure it would be unwise to ignore them.
Posted By: pullit Re: WSF for 28ga - 11/04/19
I never tried WSF in a 28, but loaded a lot of Green Dot, and Universal Clays. Never tried to see how WSF compares with them.
Posted By: Citori16 Re: WSF for 28ga - 11/04/19
Originally Posted by woodmaster81
Lyman listed loads using WSF as did Winchester back when it first came out. A couple years later, Winchester pulled their data a couple years later after further testing showed unpredictable and high pressure spikes. Lyman left their data in subsequent printings.

I used WSF for 28 ga until I learned Winchester pulled the data. If the manufacturer found iserious issue with their own components and pulled the data, I figure it would be unwise to ignore them.

That jogs my 70 year + memory. I now recall the pressure variation and unexpected spike dilemma. Will stick with 20/28, etc. Thank you!
Posted By: doctor_Encore Re: WSF for 28ga - 11/04/19
Look so further than Alliant 20/28 powder.
Posted By: woodmaster81 Re: WSF for 28ga - 11/04/19
I do use WSF in the 20 ga for 7/8 oz loads where it works well. I've also used it for 12 ga 1 1/4 oz loads but not so much lately. I also used it for the 40 S&W for many years. Would still use it for pistol but came into a quantity of various pistol powders and wanted to use them up. I'm still working on them...
© 24hourcampfire