Home
Want to load up some lighter 6's for upland and 9's for skeet with the boys.

I have gun club and AA hulls, a bunch of red dot & clays pink0175, and a few cci, remington and win 209 primers.

Been a while since i reloaded.

I dug around a little and find nothing with red dot and the clays wads with lighter 3/4 or 7/8 oz loads.

Anyone have a recipe or am I SOL with red dot?

Primary interest is to use what I have and end up with a low recoiling lighter load.

I was never too much for creative load recipes, so I figured I'd ask here.

TIA
Have you looked on Alliant’s website?

Alliant

They have lots of loads for AA and Gun Club loads in 3/4 and 7/8 oz.
Ditto the Alliant website. IIRC, Claybuster includes data on the back side of the label inside each bag of wads?

Alliant Extra-Lite is excellent for 3/4 oz stuff. But have loaded thousands with Red Dot for youth events, and for light 12s cuz I'm a wuss.

Of those mentioned the Win 209 is hotter, will generally leave less unburned powder.
Originally Posted by Mike_S
Have you looked on Alliant’s website?

Alliant

They have lots of loads for AA and Gun Club loads in 3/4 and 7/8 oz.

Yes, its the 2nd pace I looked.
Nothing for red dot lite loads with CB pinks and any of the hulls, which seems like it'd be a rather common combo of supplies.
http://www.claybusterwads.com/index.php/winchester-style/53-cb0175-12-load-data Try this.

Does the link for everyone? Claybuster site is giving me a "claybuster site refuse to connect" message that I rarely if ever have gotten before.

I got that message on chrome, but no problem on firefox. No idea why. Kinda a dinosaur re tech stuff. If you can't get it off a different browser PM me will email pdf copy.
Originally Posted by Sam_H
I got that message on chrome, but no problem on firefox. No idea why. Kinda a dinosaur re tech stuff. If you can't get it off a different browser PM me will email pdf copy.

Yep, you nailed it. FFox opened fine. Going to look it over now. Much appreciated.
Your challenge with these lighter loads is getting enough pressure for reliable ignition. I have used Red Dot, Clays, Clay Dot, Promo for loads such as these and 18 gr of any of them with the CB wads (I like the gray 7/8 oz wads) and 7/8 oz of shot works well. I use these wads in Rem STS cases, so slight reduction for AA would work out. Gun Clubs should be treated as STS, same shape and capacity.
18 grains is what I would use.
Originally Posted by GF1
Your challenge with these lighter loads is getting enough pressure for reliable ignition. I have used Red Dot, Clays, Clay Dot, Promo for loads such as these and 18 gr of any of them with the CB wads (I like the gray 7/8 oz wads) and 7/8 oz of shot works well. I use these wads in Rem STS cases, so slight reduction for AA would work out. Gun Clubs should be treated as STS, same shape and capacity.

I would use 18 grains as well.
I loaded up 10 each of 15, 16.5, and 18 grains of RD using the CB0175 wads, GunClubs and W209 primers. 3/4 oz #9 shot. I am going to unload them all at some pattern boards and see how each works out for me. I think the 18 grain load is going to be screaming along.

They crimped up well enough. We'll see.
Interested to see your results. Have no problem going as low as 16.5 gr (I substitute Promo), chronos about 1200 fps with a Win 209. Load it for youth events in a 12.

Mostly load 17.1 gr for SC with #8 or #8.5, like it fine.
© 24hourcampfire