Home
Benjamin Marauder .22 Caliber PCP (pre-charged pneumatic) Pellet Rifle, No leaks and is accurate. Includes Three 10-Shot Magazines and a De-Gassing Tool. $350/Shipped to your door.

{New these go for $483 (Amazon), with one magazine and no de-gassing tool.}

For approx. 40 shots;
With Crosman 14 Grain (the standard weight pellet for .22 cal.) 956 fps
With JSB brand 'Heavies' 18 Grain 909 fps

The Pictured Groups were shot at 25 Yards.

You will need either a 'high pressure' air hand pump ($60 up on Amazon/ebay), Or a Scuba Tank (can be found used at a very reasonable price), Or a Carbon Fiber (SCBA) Tank, Or a shoebox high pressure air (HPA) compressor (avail. through Amazon/ebay) to fill this Rifle. Note a tire pump/compressor will not fill this (pressure is too low). I ponied up for a carbon fiber tank and get it filled at the local scuba shop.

While I feel an HPA air hand pump is rather onerous to fill one of these I keep seeing posts by 60, 70 and 80-year-old men who say they use an air pump to fill their PCP Rifles... Guess they were made of tougher stuff back then.

I used this for Skunks and other predators around our place at night to keep from waking up the family, as it is very quiet and much safer to shoot than a rimfire (where I live).

I have this listed on another Forum, so I will go by timestamp.

Jerry
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Good price on this. I am looking for a discovery or fortitude for my son just because they are lighter. But these marauders are shooters.

Where did you find your tank at? My buddy at the fire station said he could fill a tank for me.
Had one of these and loved it. I even had the pump which was more of a go around than having a tank would be. I traded mine on a deal towards a #1 I just had to have. Excellent price here! GLWS
Spook,

No experience with the Fortitude, but I've had a couple of Discovery's.

The synthetic Marauder is approx. one-pound lighter than the wood Marauder... My synthetic Marauder weighs 7.5 pounds (with no scope). The Discovery IIRC weighs something like 5 3/4 pounds.

The Discovery fill pressure (again IIRC) is 2,000 PSI, and therefore can be easily filled with a hand-pump. The Marauder has a fill pressure of 3,000 PSI and a larger air reservoir so is a bit more of a workout to fill with a hand-pump, but it can be done. Also a lot of guys do not fill to max., as they may (gun dependent) get better accuracy with a lower fill.

The last Discovery I had would give me 18 accurate shots on a 2,000 psi fill and then the fps would head south and the groups would start to open a little.

The Discovery will shoot the same velocity as the Marauder's, but they are a single shot and have no Moderator on them, as a result they are quite loud... as in not hearing safe. You can buy a slip-on moderator for it (for $50 or $60) which will make it pretty quiet, but you have to be careful not to bump it or it can knock it out of alignment with the bore. The airgun guys call them LDC's or Lead Dust Collectors.

Both of the Discovery's I had would not hold air overnight (made in China, need I say more), Benjamin/Crosman has excellent customer service though and if that is the case with yours they will email you a call tag to send it back and will fix it if under warranty. After getting one back from them it was in-accurate so they took it back a second time and replaced the barrel, after which it was quite accurate. Last one I bought was something like three years ago, so hopefully they have improved the QC.

I got my SCBA tank from Pyramid air, I now wish I had gotten the largest tank available, but the price is daunting on these. I do not know who has the best price now, you just have to google around. Be sure to check out Joe Broncatto. I occasionally see them on gunbroker, used. If buying a used one be aware that they need to be pressure tested (Hydro'd) every 5 years, they have the born date labeled on them. For a Discovery (due to the lower fill pressure) a scuba tank would be fine (vs an SCBA tank), and can be found used (check craigslist or your local dive shop - again they have to be hydro'd every so often, or the dive shops will not fill them). Also some guys have gotten surplus SCBA tanks from their local fire dept's.

My local dive shop likes filling airgun shooter's tanks, as unlike diver's we only run them down a little, so it's a quicker fill for them.

You might also check out the Benjamin Marauder Pistol, it has a carbine stock that comes with it, has a moderator and an eight-round magazine. Due to the small resevoir it is also easy to fill with a hand pump. Mine weighs under 4 1/2 pounds with a small weaver 4X scope on it. But due to the low velocity (600 to 700 fps) I feel it is a 25 to 30 yard gun at most for targets or squirrels.

Jerry
Up

Jerry
Up

Jerry
Thanks for the info jerry. If my son was a little older I would jump on this. But he isn’t big enough to pack around an 8lb rifle with scope yet. But someone is going to be getting a deal
Up

Jerry
Up

Jerry
I Have the .25 cal version and it is very accurate....Good deal !
I know it's subjective but how quiet is this? I live in a small rural community of > 1 acre lots. Squirrel, black birds, wood peckers and rabbits are all targets but my Anschutz 64 is a bit too much.
MJAC: Marauder is THE standard for quiet in the airgun world. The pellet impact is far louder than the shot. A spring-powered staple gun is louder. As for air, your local volunteer fire department probably has old tanks near expiration that they may be willing to discard and fill occasionally for a small donation. SCBA Adapters are on ebay for <50 bucks. This is a good deal at the asking price. GLWS
mjac - I'll ditto the comment that with a Marauder, the impact is louder than the sound of air leaving the barrel. This holds true for the .25 version as well.

As for it being THE standard, well I won't go that far. I've a newer gun that puts it to shame, but it's also in another league price-wise as well. Further down the rabbit hole indeed. There's a reason it's called the dark side over on the Gateway to Airguns forum.

$350 to your door, no taxes, saves at least 30% over comparable new for rifle and two additional magazines.

jerrywoodswalker - any mods to the trigger group? Or did the 2nd generation Marauders not have the wretched lawyer spring?
Up

Jerry
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley

jerrywoodswalker - any mods to the trigger group? Or did the 2nd generation Marauders not have the wretched lawyer spring?

Would like to know also please.
Scott & Bwana,

Just got back from camping...

No Mod's, adjusted it after I got it.

Two-stage trigger; 1st stage for approx. 1/4 inch to a wall, at 1#-5 ounces, With 8 additional ounces the rifle fires (for a total pull weight of 1#-13 ounces).

Jerry
Up

Jerry
Up

Jerry
I cant believe this is still here, if I didn't already have a .22 Discovery all set up Id buy it. Everyone Ive known who owned or owns one likes them.

Thanks dbowling

Bump

Jerry
Up

Jerry
Up

Jerry
Up

Jerry
I'll take it Jerry. $350 to the state of Misery. PM coming. Be Well, Rustyzipper.
Whew! Thanks for making my mind up for me.

Nice snag.
Mine too.
The Marauder is Sold to Rustyzipper

Thanks,

Jerry
© 24hourcampfire