Home
Posted By: Futura M77 Flat Bolt Round Top - 30-06 - 07/09/20
This is a rare long action Flat Bolt. Even more rare in that it has weaver style mounts instead of integral Ruger mounts. It also has sights. I bought it from the estate of the original owner in Tucson, AZ.

It’s a nice gun overall but it does have some knicks and minor scratches in the stock and floor plate. I can always take more photos or even Video call if needed.

It just sits because I know it’s not your average tang safety Ruger.

I tried registering on the Ruger forum (I have several older Tang safety M77s) but it seems to be closed to new members.

I’ll get photos posted once I figure it out.

Attached picture F52A6E56-FF57-4CF8-A3BF-6B9D4FC6A3E5.jpeg
Attached picture 123FC72A-C887-4459-BF7E-37AB8913C522.jpeg
How much?
A long action Flat bolt ST is a rare breed! Awaiting pics on this one.
More photos. I was thinking $1000. I’m not sure what it is worth based on what it is and condition.

Attached picture 66E64171-81A4-4D7E-A4EF-4BF6A3C50307.jpeg
Attached picture 3E49DA58-4225-4525-9E34-22D4646975D6.jpeg
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...r-m77-flat-bolt-price-check#Post14075893

In the photos I posted in this linked thread it’s the one on top. The one in the middle is a hollow bolt 7x57.
F, I linked your post over on RugerForum.com

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=288318

The Ruger STs (round top) will take several makes of scope mounts, most notably Talley, Remington 700 rings.
Originally Posted by 308ld
F, I linked your post over on RugerForum.com

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=288318

The Ruger STs (round top) will take several makes of scope mounts, most notably Talley, Remington 700 rings.

Thanks for putting a link on there. Hopefully it can go to someone who can appreciate it for what it is.
Does the serial number etched on the bolt match the serial number on the action?
I could be wrong, but I believe these MAY have the Douglas barrels. My buddy has one that is extremely accurate. GLWTS!
If its #70 prefix serial number is below 67,000 odds are its a Douglas barrel. Yes, they are known for being quite accurate.
Evidently you are not interested in selling it.
Serial # matches on the bolt. It’s 70-60xxx.

I am interested in selling it. I just can’t access the site until after I get off work. I’ll be driving up to MT from AZ if anyone is in between. Otherwise I’ll ship it to a FFL.

I also have:
-Another 30-06 Hollow Bolt w/ Sights - 70-28xxx
-7x57 Hollow Bolt w/o sights - 70-45xxx

I’m just keeping the bolt guns I hunt with so I’m going to let these ones that stay in the safe go.
Man, nice collection of rare Ruger M77 rifles!
30-06 Flat Bolt is sold. Still have the 7x57 Hollow Bolt.
What kind of coin do you need for the 7x57?
$900 shipped without the scope. $1000 with the Leopold M8. I think it’s a 4x. It’s a nice gun And a nice scope. Being that it’s nice and a collectible M77 I would never hunt with it so it just sits in the safe. I’ve never even shot it. I’ll get it out and see if I can get some more photos to upload.
It’s got some dings & scuffs in the stock in a few spots but overall in nice shape.

Attached picture image.jpg
More photos

Some more

It’s got scope covers that’s what those felt things on the scope are. Scope is pretty clear for its age and size and has plenty of eye relief. I might hang on to it.
© 24hourcampfire