Home
Thinning the herd. I will never use this rifle so someone else needs to enjoy it.

Gorgeous Winchester Model 70 Carbine Short Action .243 with 20” barrel. This rifle was made in 1984 and shows little use or wear since then. The wood grain is outstanding with deep checkering and a few minor handling marks. The blueing is rich and deep with some small areas of blueing loss on top of the receiver where a scope was mounted. The rifle was only in production for a short time so very few that come up for sale – grab this one while it’s available.

$700 shipped to your FFL. Payment via Zelle or US Postal Money Order. PM me with your email and I can send more pictures.

Attached picture Gunbroker 1.JPG
Attached picture Gunbroker 3.JPG
bump
Does this one say carbine on the barrel?
what is the LOP?
Originally Posted by hikerbum
Does this one say carbine on the barrel?

I own one in 308 and another in 250 Savage and they both are barrel marked Carbine.
yes, it says Carbine on the barrel (see pictures). LOP comes in at 13.5"

Attached picture Gunbroker 4.JPG
Attached picture Gunbroker 5.JPG
How much for the 250? smile
So that there is no confusion:
Winchester Model 70 Carbine Short Action .243 pictured in this ad - REDUCED: $650 shipped to your FFL
That would make a great first rifle for someone's kid. GLWYS
Tag
I bought the exact same model for my son when he started deer hunting and he still has it. Made when Winchester was still making high quality firearms. It's compact, light and shoots MOA with any factory ammo we've shot in it. Because of the short, light barrel, it has a bit more muzzle jump than most .243's I've owned, but a Limbsaver recoil pad in place of the hard rubber pad makes it a great hunting rifle for even small framed hunters.
Tag
I will take this rifle

Thanks Darryle
Originally Posted by basdjs
I bought the exact same model for my son when he started deer hunting and he still has it. Made when Winchester was still making high quality firearms. It's compact, light and shoots MOA with any factory ammo we've shot in it. Because of the short, light barrel, it has a bit more muzzle jump than most .243's I've owned, but a Limbsaver recoil pad in place of the hard rubber pad makes it a great hunting rifle for even small framed hunters.

Nice rife you'll really enjoyed hunting with it. I have one exactly like this that happens to be the most finicky rifle that I own. It will only shoot Remington 100 gr Core - Lokt or 100 gr Federal Premium Nosler Partition to point of aim. Some of the boat tail bullets yield 5"+ groups.
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Nice rife you'll really enjoyed hunting with it. I have one exactly like this that happens to be the most finicky rifle that I own. It will only shoot Remington 100 gr Core - Lokt or 100 gr Federal Premium Nosler Partition to point of aim. Some of the boat tail bullets yield 5"+ groups.

I hope this one shoots better than that otherwise it will head to JES for a rebore to 358 Winchester
Sold to Darryle.

Thanks Campfire.
I dadgummed triple tapped a four shot group at 200 yds with me 308!

Congratulations! I bet u love ❤️ it!
© 24hourcampfire