Home
This is a beautiful A5 Lightweight . Overall excellent original condition . 28 " full choke solid rib barrel. Hard to find in this original condition.

$895.00 shipped in the lower 48 fromnon ffl to ffl

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Free bump. I've got the same thing made in 1953 with vent rib and modified choke. I wouldn't sell it for less than $1000. GLWS
The planet’s best autoloading shotgun.

whistle
Originally Posted by RickBin

whistle

Not to hijack thread, but didn't you once post something about how you lubed the magazine and friction piece on an A5. I plan on getting one or two out for dove season this year and wished I had saved what whoever posted about this.
tag
Got 2 of those ('55's) with sequential serial #'s and spare barrels that I inherited from my Granddad who won them way back when in a Nebraska shoot off match. Today they're just Queen's of the safe...
Originally Posted by ChuckKY

whistle

Not to hijack thread, but didn't you once post something about how you lubed the magazine and friction piece on an A5. I plan on getting one or two out for dove season this year and wished I had saved what whoever posted about this.

Go to https://browning.com/content/dam/browning/support/owners-manuals/auto5-light-om-s.pdf

It is all explained verbatim on page 9 of the owner’s manual
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by ChuckKY

whistle

Go to https://browning.com/content/dam/browning/support/owners-manuals/auto5-light-om-s.pdf

It is all explained verbatim on page 9 of the owner’s manual

Appreciate that. I have five A5s and no owners manual. Bought them all used. I'll prict a manual if I can. Thanks.

I saved manual as PDF file on my computer. Thanks again.
Chuck,
I strongly suggest you keep your recoil springs upgraded in your Auto 5’s. I broke an NIB1965 Auto 5 out of its box in October 2018 to dedicate as my new Squirrel whacker. I purchased a new spring, stood it up to the original old one & it was 1.5” shorter than the new. Makes a big difference in the proper physics of function.
Chuck,
I strongly suggest you keep your recoil springs upgraded in your Auto 5’s. I broke an NIB1965 Auto 5 out of its box in October 2018 to dedicate as my new Squirrel whacker. I purchased a new spring, stood it up to the original old one & it was 1.5” shorter than the new. Makes a big difference in the proper physics of function.

I just bought some 20 and 12 gauge recoil springs, a 20 gauge action spring and a couple of friction pieces from Art's this year. Really good people to deal with. He has the springs made for him. I don't know what we will do when he and a few others call it quits. Thanks for the advice and heads up. Wish I could find some springs for my model 11s.
Wouldn’t the springs be the same?
The compression of these springs over time weakens them, causing less resistance. I agree they should be changed out.

But don’t throw them away, as often these older springs will cycle very light loads, something a full strength spring won’t do. Just be sure when you go to heavy loads, in addition to putting a full strength spring in, move the friction ring to the forward position.

I often shoot 7/8 oz loads through my Light Twelve with the “worn out” recoil spring.
Wouldn’t the springs be the same?

I honestly haven't found anything that will interchange between them. Just always enough difference in them not to work. Don't know why they did that. But I will check and see if the springs are the same.
BTW, I used a PVC sleeve to make up the difference in spring length in order to make a Magnum Twelve cycle Dove loads, worked great.
Up for the morning crowd.
Shotgun is all original with little use over the year . Excellent cosmetics and operating condition.
Btt
Very nice gun
Thanks need a good home
Up
$850.00 shipped
Up
Btt
labor day bump
3”?
No 2 3/4 “. The light Twelves were not chambered in 3” you have to go to the magnum model for that
Thanks
Anytime. Please feel free to request any pictures in addition to what I posted if you need a shot of something.
Up
$825.00
$795.00 for a beautiful Belgian Auto 5
Up
Tta
$775.00
Btt
Yar, how much does it weigh?
7 1/2
will it automatically load a shell thru the bottom with the bolt back?
not sure what year they started that but i have one made before.
Very fine shotgun
The change to speed load started in 53 however some guns from 1954 don’t have the speed load. This gun should have it
Needs a good home still
I'll take it at $775 shipped
SPF
© 24hourcampfire