Home
This is a "pre-estate" sale--my 85 year old father has decided that it is time to lighten up and sell a few.

This is a Newton rifle chambered in .256 Newton. I will admit that many of you will know more about these than I, so questions/discussion/additional photos are in everyone's benefit. This is a chance to be the next caretaker of a unique rifle that was way ahead of its time.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Priced at $1250, shipped to either FFL or C&R holder.

But wait there is more...
Also included is the book Charles Newton: Father of High Velocity by Bruce Jennings. This book is typically $250-$300 at rare book sellers. Inscribed by the rifle's previous owner, By Smalley. (By was a ballistics experimenter and collaborated with Mic McPherson to develop the SMc line of cartridges.) And RCBS dies and trim die. The die set from RCBS is Group G special order, currently listed at $143.98 on Huntington's website. And some correctly headstamped brass from Jamison. Everything you need to shoot this rifle.

[Linked Image]
That's tempting!
Price drop--$1050 plus shipping for rifle, book, dies and brass. Deduct the value of the accessories, and the rifle priced at somewhere around $700.

In cleaning on this gun I spotted a condition deduct that I had never seen before (remember, this is not my gun--or I would have known about it.) There is a repaired chipout just behind the bolt notch. The original wood was used for the repair, but the joint is visible. In the photos below I intentionally rotated the rifle to make it as visible as possible.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I also want to point out that the rifle spent years--perhaps decades-- wearing a slip-on recoil pad. It has resulted in slight discoloration.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
PM sent
Tim
Is the scope included ?
I'll take it. PM sent.
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
I'll take it. PM sent.

I expect an article shortly

P.M. sent,thank you Pete53
Doesn't get much cooler!

Good score, JB.