Home
Kimber Montana in .308 Win.; Lilja SAS Mod barrel contour (0.620" at the muzzle vs. the factory 0.560"), 22 inch barrel, recessed crown, trigger pull; 2# - 10 oz, LOP: 13 5/8", bare rifle; 5# - 3.6 oz., $1100/Shipped to your FFL. From an Individual, if your dealer requires it be shipped from an FFL Dealer add $25 (what my dealer charges me). Had this rifle for awhile and it is in very good shape but has been hunted.

24hour campfire's SAS or 'Short Action Smoker' (who now runs Whittaker's Guns) came up with this contour in conjunction with Lilja, an increase in muzzle diameter but still fits in the factory stock without opening it up. Only adds about three ounces. The barrel is free floated back to the shank. This stock is unmolested, and comes with a factory aluminum trigger guard. If you'd rather have the steel trigger guard let me know I may have one. I had Gre-Tan bush the firing pin. Please note the tear at the recoil lug (pictured) from screwing the barrel on. The target squares are one inch, I usually shoot 4 rounds so that in case I get a flyer I can determine if it is the load or me (usually it's me).

After putting this together I got a couple of centerfire suppressors and only shoot suppressed now, so am moving this rifle.

First "I'll Take It" Followed by a PM

Thanks,

Jerry

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Jerry
Great deal here, the evil twins (6X47L and 6.5x47L) and ugly stepsister (223) shot and shoot fantastic with the Lilja Kimber duplicate barrel.

If the ugly stepsister was barreled with the SAS contour I would chop that baby in a heartbeat.

Keep that in mind if you are on the fence on this, it has plenty of meat for a 1/2-20 or maybe one step up.
Thanks Dave...

But I replaced this with a rifle that was factory threaded last year and this has just been sitting in the safe since.

Bump

Jerry
Up

Jerry
Up

Jerry
Up

Jerry
Up

Jerry
Standard SAAMI chamber (jump to lands), or custom?
Up

Jerry
Man...I’m getting a 155 Scenar itch...
Brad,

Standard SAAMI

Jerry
Understood Jerry, just noting your rifle is a good candidate for a suppressor with the SAS contour.

Good luck!
Dave,

Thanks... Appreciate it.

Jerry
Who installed the barrel and chambered?
257Heaven,

MC Gunsmithing in Plains Montana. Used to work for Lilja, who recommended him.

Thanks,

Jerry
Jerry,

I can read left side of shank, but what is the inscription on right side ?
Thanks

CD
CD

It's "M.C. Guns"

Thanks,

Jerry
Ok, thank you !
Up

Jerry
Price Reduction to $1050/Shipped. Doesn't sell at that I'll run it over to gunbroker.

Also Have a set of Talley Lows I'll include.

Thanks,

Jerry
Up at $1050/Shipped

Jerry
I am surprised this hasn't sold.
After market premium barrels are a pretty sure thing when talking accuracy, plus it is not a cheap endeavor.
This package is a good deal.
The factory contour Lilja barreled 223 referenced above, Jerry's 308 is a freaking steal at 1050!

Dave and K22

Thanks,

Jerry
Up

Jerry
Up for the weekend crowd

Jerry
Up

Jerry
Up

Jerry