Home
I have never sold a gun through a forum classifieds like this, only face to face transactions. I am planning on selling a couple of guns and was curious on how this is normally handled through these forums. How is the best way to ensure a smooth transaction (meaning ensuring receipt of funds and subsequent shipment of the gun) and does the shipment require going through a FFL individual? Any other helpful advice will be appreciated as well.

Thanks.
GFY!

Boom....
first up
If they are long guns you can ship to another FFL as an individual, unless the receiving FFL will not take them except through a shipping FFL. Most FFL's will take a long gun from a private individual with a copy of their DL. Handguns should go through another FFL for the least amount of hassles, but you can do it as an individual, just not through the USPS. As far as funds and shipping, you take your chances sometimes. If you deal with members that have been here a while, you're more than likely to have a good transaction, look at when they joined. Also, making sure the payment type is legit, USPS MO, certified bank check ( not a personal check), bank MO, or electronically through the various vendors that offer it, such as Zelle, but there can be fees associated with that also. Ship the weapon insured for its cost, offer a 3 day no fire inspection and return to you if not satisfied on the buyer dime. Post pictures of the actual firearm, the more the better, Abe honest about its condition, be punctual in shipping it. Those help also.
There are lots of ways you "can" get the transaction done. As I recall, some of them require you to keep records that could possibly be checked by ATF. Personally, I don't want the hassle and would highly recommend the following

Agree on a price (to include shipping) and ask the buyer to send certified funds, along with a copy of a valid FFL from their end who will receive shipping and do the transfer
Ensure the funds are genuine, or wait till check clears bank etc
Take the gun to a local FFL, give him the FFL from the other end, and pay him/her to handle the paperwork and ship it.

I have used that method many times. It is a little bit more expensive, but I don't have to worry about complying with state and federal regulations.

Good luck
Never underestimate the value of a good old fashioned phone call with your buyer. You'd be surprised how easy it is to work out details by talking to someone.
Learn how to post quality photos first. Then put an accurate/detailed description, and price them like your not overly proud of them. And don't be a tight ass about electronic fees that may cost you a sale, that can usually be worked out.
I miss Bricktop !
Originally Posted by RandyR
I miss Bricktop !

He was a class act
Originally Posted by gemby58
Originally Posted by RandyR
I miss Bricktop !

He was a class act

Careful, that water is deeper than it looks
Bricktop was a foulmouthed POS, glad to be rid of him.
Beetle Juice X 3 for Bricktop

😬😎
What ever happened to Bricktop?
Originally Posted by Texasdude29
What ever happened to Bricktop?

He’s around occasionally, as is his understudy JT.
© 24hourcampfire