Home
Posted By: 160user 410 Double Barrel - 09/23/20
I have had this for a long time and it hasn't come out of the closet in many years. I have shot a few grouse with it and it is SUPER light, around 5 pounds I would guess. American Gun Company 410 side by side with hammers. Locks up very tight, no cracks in the wood though I would say it has been refinished sometime in the last 100 years. The hammers both lock up tight and there are NO issues with it at all. I have shot 2 1/2 inch shells through it and would GUESS it is choked F/F but that is just a guess. Price is $800 plus shipping. I very seriously doubt you will ever be able to find one this tight and clean again.
The gun will ship in a new hard case and first public "I will take it" trumps PM's. Payment by check or MO is fine.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: 160user Re: 410 Double Barrel - 09/23/20
This is like carrying a broom stick in the woods.
Posted By: 160user Re: 410 Double Barrel - 09/23/20
Bump
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: 410 Double Barrel - 09/24/20
That's going to make someone a neat little grouse gun. Wish I needed it. Good luck with the sale.
Posted By: gophergunner Re: 410 Double Barrel - 09/24/20
Would that be old enough to have Damascus barrels?
Posted By: 160user Re: 410 Double Barrel - 09/24/20
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Would that be old enough to have Damascus barrels?

It does appear to be.
Posted By: Remington40x Re: 410 Double Barrel - 09/24/20
What length are the barrels?

What are the stock measurements: Length of pull, drop at comb, drop at heel, cast?

Do you have barrel wall thickness measurements?
Originally Posted by Remington40x
What length are the barrels?

What are the stock measurements: Length of pull, drop at comb, drop at heel, cast?

Do you have barrel wall thickness measurements?

The barrels are 26 inches. When I lay the gun upside down on a flat surface the butt plate is 1 3/4 inches off the bench. LOP is 13 1/2 inches to the front trigger. I don't own a micrometer to measure the barrels. Hopefully that helps you at least a little. It is a classy old shotgun that is tight as a drum.
Posted By: halfmile Re: 410 Double Barrel - 09/24/20
Nice old Crescent......the company made variously branded SxS guns with sellers' brands on them.

Are there any Barrel markings at all?

HM
Originally Posted by halfmile
Nice old Crescent......the company made variously branded SxS guns with sellers' brands on them.

Are there any Barrel markings at all?

HM

No there is not. I even pulled the forend and other than the serial number stamps on the parts there is nothing.
Posted By: hikerbum Re: 410 Double Barrel - 09/24/20
Has the metal been refinished or touched up? Any dings or dents in the barrels? Barrel lengths? LOP?

Thanks
No dents in the barrels. I posted the specs somewhere on here as someone else asked. I would guess the wood has been refinished a some point in the last 100 years but I don't believe the metal has been touched.
Bump
I will bump this one last time and then let it disappear.
Posted By: vagrouser Re: 410 Double Barrel - 09/24/20
Consider listing it for sale here
https://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=3&page=1
Looks like a fun gun!
Posted By: 160user Re: 410 Double Barrel - 09/25/20
Originally Posted by vagrouser
Consider listing it for sale here
https://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=3&page=1
Looks like a fun gun!

It is an absolute dream to carry and shoot. This is the only gun site I use and if things don't sell they just go back in the closet. I was just trying to make a little room.
Posted By: 160user Re: 410 Double Barrel - 09/27/20
Bump
© 24hourcampfire