Home
Posted By: Kodiak17 WTB 22 magnum bolt action - 09/28/20
Looking for a good quality 22 WMR, bolt action with wood stock. Maybe along the lines of a Kimber or Cooper. Used is ok as long as its good condition and is accurate. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: hikerbum Re: WTB 22 magnum bolt action - 09/28/20
Have a Marlin model 982 NIB never fired outside the factory. Walnut stock. These Marlins were known as excellent shooters.
Posted By: Kodiak17 Re: WTB 22 magnum bolt action - 09/28/20
Thank you but looking for something a bit higher end like a cooper or kimber.
Posted By: rick1977 Re: WTB 22 magnum bolt action - 09/28/20
Savage Anshutz, handling marks, overall very good condition. Exc. Accuracy if interested pm you number 4 pics. Trigger phenomenal Rick
Thanks Rick, there is a guy locally who just called me with one of these I am going to take a look at it. It is in a little bit of rough shape on the metal so may take a look at it and maybe get back with you on yours. What are you looking to get for it? Thanks

Mel
I would have thought that the durability of stainless would be more useful than fancy wood in a harsh environment like Kodiak.
Stainless is but really just like the feel of old fashioned wood. I have others that I can use on less than perfect days!!! We do get a few of those on Kodiak. Did I mention the fishing is really good?
Originally Posted by Kodiak17
Stainless is but really just like the feel of old fashioned wood. I have others that I can use on less than perfect days!!! We do get a few of those on Kodiak. Did I mention the fishing is really good?

When I call bobcat in tight cover, I shoot a Remington 597 'cause I like having the option of a fast follow up shot or 4 when the 'cat doesn't yet know that it is dead. My favorite .22 Magnum is the Marlin 983S, the tubular magazine style with laminated wood and stainless metal. I have 19 rifle, 6 revolvers, and 3 Savage 24 combination guns chambered in .22 Magnum, so the menu has options appropriate for all occasions.
Posted By: micky Re: WTB 22 magnum bolt action - 09/29/20
I have a Browning Abolt 22 Mag I would sell if you're interested.
Posted By: Kodiak17 Re: WTB 22 magnum bolt action - 09/29/20
Remguy, when I was in college I used my marlin 982 a lot. It was accurate and fun to shoot and did well on my trapline. As of late it was having some ejection problems and I got a new ejector but it really don't like the Winchester ammo so will be trying something different. I have a couple 597's and they are very accurate just don't always feed as good as I would like. So I kind of thought I would look for something a little higher end but I know that don't mean it will shoot as good as what I have but I am hopeful that I can find one that does.
Micky, I know brownings are good and most of them accurate, was hoping for a kimber or cooper to pop up but may go to something else if not. Sending you a PM
Posted By: RAS Re: WTB 22 magnum bolt action - 09/29/20
If you can find a Zytel stocked Ruger 77/22 in 22 Win Mag, take a look at it. I have one. Same hole at 50 yards. Incredibly accurate and tough rifle.
Posted By: mmsports Re: WTB 22 magnum bolt action - 09/29/20
Originally Posted by RAS
If you can find a Zytel stocked Ruger 77/22 in 22 Win Mag, take a look at it. I have one. Same hole at 50 yards. Incredibly accurate and tough rifle.

I have one if that interests you,,,, New in box....
Magnum Research makes a pretty damn good semi auto in 22 magnum. Not too finicky if you feed it right.
Originally Posted by Kodiak17
Remguy, when I was in college I used my marlin 982 a lot. It was accurate and fun to shoot and did well on my trapline. As of late it was having some ejection problems and I got a new ejector but it really don't like the Winchester ammo so will be trying something different. I have a couple 597's and they are very accurate just don't always feed as good as I would like. So I kind of thought I would look for something a little higher end but I know that don't mean it will shoot as good as what I have but I am hopeful that I can find one that does.

I have a Savage-Anschutz 141M that I bought from gunwriter Richard Mann back in 2003, but I rebarreled it to 17HMR so I never found out how well or how not so well it shot.

How about a CZ? I had a CZ 452 FS for awhile, but didn't love it and somebody wanted it a lot more than I did.
up
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Magnum Research makes a pretty damn good semi auto in 22 magnum. Not too finicky if you feed it right.

ive been after one of these for a while now
Posted By: EdwardG Re: WTB 22 magnum bolt action - 09/29/20
Originally Posted by hikerbum
Have a Marlin model 982 NIB never fired outside the factory. Walnut stock. These Marlins were known as excellent shooters.

Wood or synthetic
Posted By: Kodiak17 Re: WTB 22 magnum bolt action - 09/30/20
Posted By: hitman Re: WTB 22 magnum bolt action - 09/30/20
Theres a Cooper Classic 22 magnum posted over on Longrange
Posted By: hitman Re: WTB 22 magnum bolt action - 09/30/20
Ha! I see you were already aware. Good snag
Thank you Hitman, yep it looks like a nice rifle.
© 24hourcampfire