Home
This an awesome custom Paul Jeager rifle with engraved Willig floor plate .Built on a commercial FN action. 24" barrel , 13 3/4 LOP. Hand checkered steel butt plate and grip cap .This slender beautiful rifle is a safe queen in exceptinal overall condition. The wood is a dark walnut with incredible depth that is hard to capture in these photos. I purchased this in a small lot of other Jeager rifles. I am fortunate to have grown up and currently live 30 miles from Jenkintown were Jeagers shop was located and was able come across these rifle frequently. This rifle is about as sleek and stunning I have come across.
$1895.00 shipped insured to the lower 48 fromnon ffl to ffl only.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[img]https://i.imgur.c[img]https://i.imgur.com/m3r9i9L.jpg[/img]om/wIed9os.jpg[/img]
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com][img]https://i.imgur.com/sutPRVg.jpg[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/m1rfhQ7.jpg[/img]
Stunning.
schwiiiing!
Elegant rifle, gorgeous wood! Fortunate to live close to a great builder.
Yes, made many visits to his shop as a young man lusting over those rifles . In the last 20 yrs these rifles pop up at local shops now and then as their owners pass on . I had to wait many years before I came across my share . This is a good opportunity to acquire a fine example for someone else .
Morning bump
.Real craftsmanship exhibited there. i used to visit Jaeger's shop when I worked in the area. Beautiful rifle. Good luck with the sale.
Thanks
Is the barrel inscribed "Paul Jaeger, Jenkintown Pa." ?
Not on this one .
Btt
That’s a beauty Yar - from a great era and builder! Great price too!

PennDog
Thanks
Originally Posted by yar
Not on this one .

So how do we know it's a real Jaeger? (Not Jeager.) Granted it has all the indicators of one, but...
That’s a valid question and thanks for asking . I purchased this from a local guy along with a few other rifles . The original owner had it built by Jeager . I currently own one Jeager that does not have Paul Jeager And address on the barrel that was my Grandfathers. Most Jeagers Come across are marked on the barrel But I do come across an occasional unmarked . Why this is I do not know. Maybe someone can tell us why.
Based on the owners word , engraver and other attributes I am sure it is authentic. If it was labeled on the barrel it would be reflected in a higher price .

Up
Nice rifle. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Thanks Sqweeler
Looking under the buttplate might confirm it.I'd be hesitant to put a screwdriver on a beautiful rifle like that tho.My friend has two Jeager Model 70's,280 & 7x57.The 280 has the barrel address ,the 7x57 don't.
I have removed the buttplate and it is unmarked. My .270 is unlabeled on the barrel but the stock is under the buttplate . My 1903 custom is barrel labeled but not the stock . Go figure . I do appreciate your input.
Btt
I Purchased a Jeager last year, one of his varmint models in 220 Swift. It shot great. Now just need to find the time to go call some coyotes.
$1795.00 shipped
Btt
Btt
$1750.00
What a beautiful, svelte, slim, trim African plains game rifle, a pleasure to carry all day, an old gloss 3.5-10x40 Leupold in Conetrol rings and bases coupled with 175gr Swift A Frames at a very easy on the shoulder and temp steady 2850 fps over H-1000 powder would be the cat's meow for all plains game animals out to 400 yards.

GLWTS.
Thanks, it is a work of fine craftsmanship no regrets with this one. No, It is not labeled on the barrel as a Jeager but it still is 100% a fine work of rifle building despite that. One of the finest I have owned .
You're most welcome Yar.

TTT for a beauty in waiting.
Up
New price $1695.00 this is a lot of rile for this price. You can not touch a rifle of this quality for this kinda of money.
Nice Rifle - Great Price -

Tough Market.....I am filled up with Rifles.

Good Luck , Ray.
Thanks, I hope some takes the opportunity to grab this it a spectacular rifle. I bought this with a group of rifle and I am holding onto only one from this group.
Up
If you had posted it with the correct spelling of Jaeger it might have made a difference--which is still recognizable among older rifle loonies. You might consider a new post.
What does it weigh ?

Beautiful Rifle Ray.....

Regardless of what some goofs think how it shoud be spelled.

Good Deal here.
Thanks Mule Deer . Totally missed it . Lol
7 3/4 lbs
I’m open to offers on this rifle.
Back when a mans paycheck was 2nd after the pride & craftsmanship he put in that week.
I would hang on to it but I’m not into Magnums any longer. Too much for me. There are no regrets with this one I promise. It’s a work of art and craftsmanship of a past era. Don’t be afraid to make offers
It blows me away that this is still here.
I don’t think you could duplicate the stock for the current ask of this rifle.
Beautiful rifle

Does the Action, stock & barrel have exact matching numbers?
It is Thx
Nice rifle. Free bump and Also free Jaeger spelling lesson. Check out germanhuntingguns.com you’ll find pictures of the entire family. This sight was created by Paul I believe.
The last few pics didn't load for me so quoted them here

It's been a long time since I've seen a stock like this one. Gives the appearance of looking deep into the stock. A true safe queen of the first order👍👍👍👍
Pm sent
Per pms I will take it
Good score .303

Would love to hear about it more once you shoot it.

It looks new

Mike
Sold that k you.
Originally Posted by 303savage
Per pms I will take it

Congrats.
You got a heck of a nice rifle!!!
If it were not ray selling it I would not have ought it, he is as right a person as they come.
If it were not ray selling it I would not have ought it, he is as right a person as they come.
He really likes Ray laugh
Congrats on the purchase, for anyone who already shoots that caliber, should have been a no brainer
© 24hourcampfire