Home
Posted By: jk16 J. Clarke Rifleman's Belt Axe FS - 11/03/20
This is Josh Clarke's reinforced Head Rifleman's axe. These have been very hard for me to get during the last six months and I had a small group arrived ovee tge weekend

Josh starts with a US made Vaughn Hatchet that have been hand picked for fit finish and handle grain structure.

The head is reshaped ,reground and polished into a close copy of the Origional US War department issue Rifleman's belt axes made in the 1790s. This axe is the Reinforced style head with the added metal in the throat area.

The head is polished , blued and given a razor sharp 25 degree inclusive cuttng bevel. The performance rivals anything coming out of Sweden these days and I believe these heads are actually a bit tougher and less prone to chipping.

The Axe is just 23 oz and is 13.5 inches long. The head is an Iroquois style with a hammer poll . These polls are heat treated and can actually be used to drive metal stakes unlike most axes and hatchets.

The handle is slimmed down , hand sanded and torched .Then it's given six coats of pure Tung oil .The resulting finish is smooth but still grippy. The Axe comes with one of Josh's hand sewn Vegetable tanned leather masks (shown in the second pic)

. The price is $119 shipped leather throat collar

PayPal or USPS MO as payment.

Sample Group if Axes-

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Leather edge mask-

Throat collar-

I bought one from him, and it is a Damn nice tool......
worth the $$
Tag
These won't last long ... well worth the price. I carry with me when I am just trail riding on my ATV. Stays sharp and very durable.

Plus jk16 is a great guy to deal with!!
Originally Posted by duff645
These won't last long ... well worth the price. I carry with me when I am just trail riding on my ATV. Stays sharp and very durable.

Plus jk16 is a great guy to deal with!!

Mel & Duff,

Thanks for the comments!

They are sweet tools to own smile
Hell yeah, I'll take one. PM to follow.
I'll take one. PM sent.
Nice 👍
PM sent for 2
I like!
UPDATE-

11-06-20

This batch of axes is now spoken for.

I might be getting a couble more in by the 21st which will propably be the last group this year...

Anyone intersted please shot me a PM
tag
Update 11-12 -20

Josh informed me I wil be dropping a few more of these axes by this weekend.

These are the last of the allotmemt I was to get before Christmas .

Anyone interested can send me a PM ..Thanks.
Got mine already, thanks for the quick shipping. Excellent ax, very pleased with it. Thanks!
Update 11-15-20-

The last of my Christmas alotment showed up yesterday. One of these is alteady sold. Two remain available.

The Josh Clarke Rifleman's Belt Axe is my favorite size and, for the record, they work for a lot more than chopping wood! I love using these to split the pelvis while cleaning deer. Cleaned three in a row and made a PITA job a breeze!!! cool
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Nebraska
The Josh Clarke Rifleman's Belt Axe is my favorite size and, for the record, they work for a lot more than chopping wood! I love using these to split the pelvis while cleaning deer. Cleaned three in a row and made a PITA job a breeze!!! cool
[Linked Image]

Thanks for that post- Great buck !
I have one of each, short and long version. I keep the short one out at the cabin in Idaho for splitting up kindling, beautiful little axe that works awesome.
PM sent.
Update- 11- 18 -20

I have one axe left..
Up.m:)
Originally Posted by jk16
Update- 11- 18 -20

I have one axe left..

I have eyeballed these too long...I'll take the one you have available. Please send me a PM with your email and I will PayPal you the funds.
WE,
Ok, will send you a PM..Thanks.
© 24hourcampfire