Home
Posted By: OutfitterMT Need Chaps! - 11/20/20
My wife is a counselor at our local High School. She has an autistic boy who is a sophomore. Comes from an extremely poor family that does the best they can. He loves cowboys and dresses to the nines daily. Loves Montana history and constantly expresses a desire to have “real” cowboy chaps. Full length, because he doesn’t know why anyone would wear half chaps. There is an Angel Fund at the High School that helps take care of needy kids. I would love to buy a set of old chaps that someone has laying around.
It would make this kid’s Christmas, plus put a smile on my wife, the faculty and the other kids.
Thanks!
Lee
Posted By: R_Blat Re: Need Chaps! - 11/20/20
Bump for the man of the hour here! I don’t have any chaps or else they’d be headed your way. Best of luck and I love what you’re doing!!
Posted By: shoptom Re: Need Chaps! - 11/20/20
PM your address and I'll get a pair on the way- these are the real ones that show some use. Hope they will fill the bill.
Tom
Posted By: Mauser06 Re: Need Chaps! - 11/20/20
Lee and Tom,

I just want to say thank you to you both for the awesome deeds. Hats off to you both!
Posted By: muleshoe Re: Need Chaps! - 11/20/20
How big of a young man is he? Pretty sure I still have a pair around here somewhere, they aren't real big though.
Posted By: Harv51 Re: Need Chaps! - 11/20/20
Sent you a PM Outfitter
Posted By: OutfitterMT Re: Need Chaps! - 11/20/20
Thanks everyone for your replies! Have a set of shotgun chaps coming from New Mexico. Another pair possibly from shoptom, and I will give Harv51 a call this morning. He is about 5'9" and 140 pounds.

Thank you Campfire, The quick responses and kind words are amazing.

I will try to update with pics.
Posted By: 06hunter59 Re: Need Chaps! - 11/20/20
I got a little choked up reading the original message and the replies....Well done Fellas.
Posted By: jpb Re: Need Chaps! - 11/20/20
Originally Posted by 06hunter59
I got a little choked up reading the original message and the replies....Well done Fellas.

+1

John
Posted By: Bljc30 Re: Need Chaps! - 11/20/20
If you don’t find any, I’m willing to send some money to help get him a pair. I have an autistic nephew and they hold a spot in my heart!
Posted By: OutfitterMT Re: Need Chaps! - 11/21/20
Thanks for you generous offer Bljc30, I think we have a couple of pair on the way in addition to some boots and spurs!

thank you again Campfire.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Need Chaps! - 11/21/20
Well done, men. Well done.
Posted By: crittrgittr Re: Need Chaps! - 11/21/20
I'm still a newbie around this place, but it's stuff like this that makes it so great.
Posted By: Tom_in_VT Re: Need Chaps! - 11/21/20
Good job fellas, just shows there’s a lot of really good people left.
Posted By: oneoneshot Re: Need Chaps! - 11/22/20
Thank all of you who generously stepped up for this honorable cause. I don't have chaps other than leather Motorcycle chaps, which I need. Americans are the most generous people in the world, you have proved such. Thank all of you, have a great Thanksgiving,.... your generosity will return to you. You will reap more than you sow.
© 24hourcampfire