Home
I had a couple of these in short action but this is the long action one. Date stamp is CS so its 1998. From my understanding and research a few years back this is a special run for an outdoor company that I can't remember the name of. I used to know and could look it up online but can't remember their name now. It seems like the "cool" rifle market is booming right now and would like to know what this one may be worth. This one is a true 99% . Any help with the name of the company that did the long action run would be appreciated too. Thanks

Attached picture 20201204_152510.jpg
Attached picture 20201204_152441.jpg
Grice's in PA?
donsm70
I've been trying to remember it the last few days. I'm pretty sure it was ______outdoors. It wasn't grices, I get there a few times a year.
Are you thinking of selling the rifle?
Yes, I'm gonna sell it.
Davidson’s possibly?
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Price,The sky is the limit
Originally Posted by remingtonclassic
Price,The sky is the limit

Very true........put it on Gunbroker and there’s no telling what you’d get for it!!
What’s the price?
The Davidson doesn't sound familiar either. Camfield outdoors or something close to that seems to be what I keep thinking.
I just google searched Canfield and Kanfield and no luck there. I really just want to know so that whomever buys it knows the story as well.

J&G Sales, or maybe Bill Hicks?
Drooling now. Awesome early mountain rifle,hard to beat a 257 Rbts.
GLWS
The long action is what has me puzzled as the 257R Mountain Rifle sold by Remington was a short action. I know there are those on the long action as well made to be sold by private distributors.
Originally Posted by steven75103
What’s the price?

He's mainly looking for info, but make Craig717 an offer!

Last .257 Roberts Mountain rifle that sold on GB was a short action for $1200 in October. Last two M700 Classic .257 Roberts that sold on GB were $1700. Hope that gives y'all an idea.
Any one thats interested in making me aa offer can pm me. If not its gonna be off to gunbroker. Thanks for the information, and bill hicks sounds familiar to me im gonna do a little research on that. Thanks again guys for all the input.
Lipsey's?
The Second LA I've Seen. Last One Was at a Gun Show In Atlanta. Few Years Back. In The Box With Papers,Guy Was Asking $1500.. Sure Theve Went Up..
I have a long action Rem 700LH .257 Bob with an ER Shaw barrel. I love it!
I believe that it was made for the defunct distributor Lew Horton in Massachusetts. A LGS used to make a run down there periodically and pick up orders. He brought back a LA in 257 that I purchased and used for a few years. I got rid of it in my Remington purge.
I purchased a M700 mountain rifle in 257 Roberts for my daughter. Her's is the short action. I'm not a big M700 fan,but man that is a sweet little rifle. Someone is going to be happy with this one.
Will you PM what you want for the 257 Bob? Thanks
I agree I think that's one of Lew Hortons guns
^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^
This rifle is going to gunbroker auction tomorrow. Starts at 9pm auction number is 886607700. Penny start and no reserve, so anyone that is interested can check it out there. Then I will know Sunday evening at 9pm the answer to the original question as to the value of this rifle. Thanks to all for the input.
Wow...
Yeah I offered it to a guy here for 1700 shipped after all the post. He thought that was too much and I thought it would bring a little more. It did! The winning bidder had a total of $2280 out of pocket plus ffl fees on his end. Thats was shipping, credit card fee, and the rifle.
Well played...
Well played indeed.....if a fella had a few of those laying around to sell😀
© 24hourcampfire