Home
Posted By: MOW USPS package delays - 12/15/20
FYI: I been waiting for a large package that was Priority mailed 3 Dec and went into a regional facility 3 Dec. It has not moved since going into the regional facility. I requested an inquiry and they replied after the 2nd request that the package is delayed do to Covid. Another forum member has had the same thing happen, except his went into a regional facility 9 Dec and has not moved. If you need to mail a large package, you might want to consider an alternate carrier to the USPS.
Posted By: FWP Re: USPS large package delays - 12/15/20
I purchased some bullets off a member here on the Campfire. They were shipped on 12/5. They arrived at a USPS "facility" on 12/10 and have been sitting there since. They don't ID the facility but do say the delivery is en-route but will be delayed.

At least its not missing.
Posted By: Achigan1 Re: USPS large package delays - 12/15/20
Man no kidding - I had a Priority 2nd Day stock disappear into the Greensboro facility on Dec 30. Filed a case, called several numbers / times and was never able to talk to human. It finally re-appeared last night and changed to 'left facility'.
Posted By: wa11 Re: USPS large package delays - 12/15/20
yep shipped a stock 11/30 still in rout
Posted By: tcassem Re: USPS large package delays - 12/15/20
My priority seconds day boxes have been taking a week.
Originally Posted by tcassem
My priority seconds day boxes have been taking a week.

^^^ This
I had an order of hardball alloy from Rotometals shipped the 4th. Still sitting in the facility. Probably the same one as above.

Todd

Which location is that?

Originally Posted by FWP
I purchased some bullets off a member here on the Campfire. They were shipped on 12/5. They arrived at a USPS "facility" on 12/10 and have been sitting there since. They don't ID the facility but do say the delivery is en-route but will be delayed.

At least its not missing.
Posted By: handwerk Re: USPS large package delays - 12/15/20
Enough to drive a guy crazy huh? They should just charge a flat rate since they can't
seem to get stuff out on time, but are happy to charge for "priority".
UPS or forgedaboutit.
Posted By: Mac1978 Re: USPS large package delays - 12/15/20
Had an 11/30 postmarked envelope arrive this weekend from 2 states away, and there’s been a package sitting in Atlanta since 11/28 just watching the tracking sit there. Keep buying those good ole USPS money orders!
Posted By: aalf Re: USPS large package delays - 12/15/20

Same shlt, different day......

Took 23 days for my last priority box to arrive.

Took 27 days for another.

I shipped one UPS yesterday...we'll see how that does.
Posted By: MOW Re: USPS large package delays - 12/15/20
Just frustrating that they put right on the tracking that there are delays do to Covid, then why do they charge you priority rates if they know it won't make it there on time.
Posted By: Futura Re: USPS large package delays - 12/15/20
Same here. Going on 2 weeks for some brass. I had no idea USPS was backed up.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: USPS large package delays - 12/15/20
I'm hoping a rifle that was mailed on 11/23 will be delivered to my FFL today. It should have been delivered yesterday so really it was only 3 weeks for 2-3 day priority. I shouldn't say anything yet....let's see if it's actually delivered today!
Posted By: MWN Re: USPS large package delays - 12/15/20
Basic envelope delivery is rather sketchy too. Been waiting over two weeks for an envelope to arrive that will consumate a deal made here in the classifieds.
Posted By: 160user Re: USPS large package delays - 12/15/20
The USPS has been terrible lately but for ME personally, I really don't have an alternative. No FEDEX or Speede shipping hub here and the little UPS store in town opens at 3:30 and closes at 5 and the line is usually outside and around the building. I go there one day at 4 and stood in line until 5 and then they closed. I had to go back again the next day and stand in line again before finally getting it shipped.
Posted By: 10ring1 Re: USPS large package delays - 12/15/20
I'll say it again, everyone is using Covid and associated delays as an excuse not to do their job with due diligence. Imo
Posted By: DANNYL Re: USPS large package delays - 12/15/20
Same here. Who they going to blame next once covid is out of the picture, probably Trump
My package disappeared for several weeks, contacted USPS they told me to fill out insurance claim for reimbursement I did and after yet another week I got my insurance check.

then two days later the package was finally delivered to the east coast.
Posted By: dale06 Re: USPS large package delays - 12/15/20
10ring and Danny nailed it.
I've had a bunch of stuff to ship/receive lately.
Seems half is timely, half is not.
Originally Posted by firstcoueswas80
I've had a bunch of stuff to ship/receive lately.

Seems half is timely, half is not.

Ditto----I sold a couple things from the classifieds----mail both boxes on 12/7. The one going to ID made it on time. The one going to WI is still in the system.
Posted By: cotis Re: USPS large package delays - 12/15/20
Several articles today on how FedEx and UPS are limiting large retailer's shipping to prevent clogs in their systems but at the same time they are offloading "last mile" shipments to USPS which is absolutely overwhelmed right now. I recently cleared out my father-in-laws estate and have many things I would like to sell over the holidays due to free time, but the shipping mess will probably stop me from doing so.
Same thing for me. Bought a rifle from a member here and it hasn’t moved out of his home state since he shipped it a week ago.
Posted By: Santiam Re: USPS large package delays - 12/15/20
The UPS guy here is driving a Uhaul van making deliveries.. Seems they hired more people and rented trucks to keep up..

Thought it interesting...
Posted By: cotis Re: USPS large package delays - 12/15/20
Originally Posted by Santiam
The UPS guy here is driving a Uhaul van making deliveries.. Seems they hired more people and rented trucks to keep up..

Thought it interesting...

Same thing here. Both U-Hauls and Hertz rental trucks daily...
Shipped a package 15 days ago priority plus insurance. Called to complain and the lady told me to go to USPS website and file a claim for what i Insured it for.
Posted By: JPro Re: USPS large package delays - 12/15/20
I'm not planning on shipping a dang thing until after New Years. Hopefully not ordering anything either.
They should be about caught up from shipping boxes of ballots.
Posted By: RJL53 Re: USPS large package delays - 12/15/20
Originally Posted by 10ring1
I'll say it again, everyone is using Covid and associated delays as an excuse not to do their job with due diligence. Imo

I don't think it has anything to do with doing their jobs, though many of them are lazy bums (groids). The covid BS has caused millions more people to shop online and the systems were never designed to handle such an increase in volume that there has been. Add to that the Xmas shopping online and something has to give and it seems like us. I wonder what everyone would find to bitch about had no one ever invented "Tracking".
Posted By: 99guy Re: USPS large package delays - 12/15/20
Originally Posted by RJL53

I don't think it has anything to do with doing their jobs, though many of them are lazy bums (groids). The covid BS has caused millions more people to shop online and the systems were never designed to handle such an increase in volume that there has been. Add to that the Xmas shopping online and something has to give and it seems like us. I wonder what everyone would find to bitch about had no one ever invented "Tracking".

This is right on the money. People are ordering their groceries and dog food online and waiting for USPS to deliver it. The shear number of packages right now is overwelming the infrastrucutre and labor force.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: USPS large package delays - 12/15/20
If you want it fast send it Priority Mail.
If they are overwhelmed they will let the regular parcel and first class stuff sit.
Priority means priority.
Just sent my brother a Christmas gift to Cali Priority and it made it in 2 days.
I have a priority envelope coming that has not moved from the first stop since the 5th. No a package or a box but a stinking envelope! No updates or any clue when they will get it moving again.
I have a money order and a gun in the system.... both 14 days past delivery date... priority mail and insured
FYI Midwayusa uses UPS and then it gets transferred to USPS..... ugh .... avoid
Wife shipped Candy on Dec 1 to Atlanta, New Mexico, Indiana, and Kentucky. The New Mexico arrived before the Atlanta which is a 1/3 the distance. It took the Atlanta one until December 9th to be delivered after going through Alabama. Normally Priority is 1 day to Atlanta. The receiver said it looked like it had been ran over and everything was crushed. How do you crush double boxed homemade fudge in normal transport???

Also, if you had not noticed service got WORSE after they suspended your ability to file claims for late delivery.

I have an item I ordered on eBay that still says that USPS has not received the package even though the seller has a tracking number from shipping it. Heck my package from eBay a couple weeks ago that came from China took longer to get to me once it hit the US than it took to get here from China.

I understand they are slammed but they have had almost all year to plan for the yearly glut of holiday packages knowing that COVID would complicate it..
Posted By: MOW Re: USPS large package delays - 12/15/20
Mine is USPS Priority and Insured, hasn't moved since 3 Dec. I must be the lucky one, had Amazon, UPS and FedEx delivered today...3 days after I ordered. I'll help USPS out with their backlog, I'll stop using them.
MOW: Don't get me started on the lowly, unreliable, overly expense, unprofessional usps!
Latest "disappointment" occurred just today.
The VarmintWife ordered a present nearly 3 weeks ago that was to be delivered by the "usps" - it was "promised" to be in her hands over 10 days ago so she could take it in person with her out to the west coast to be given as a present in person!
Well the VarmintWife left for the west coast yesterday morning WITHOUT that promised delivered package - as it was 10+ days LATE in being delivered.
THE VarmintWife has a "private" internal post office phone number and at 0730 MST (0630 PST where she was calling from) she was on the phone and raising hell to an extreme!
She was repeatedly apologized to and one of the local postal employees found the package and at 0830 this morning "I" retrieved the undelivered package at the local post office AND then re-mailed it via usps at a cost of $10.90.
Why you ask did I NOT make the usps folks forward it based on their terrible service so far - BECAUSE those vindictive sons of bitches and daughters of whores would likely (out of vindictiveness and unprofessionalism!), "loose" our package again!
Thefuckin usps is right next to worthless anymore - besides they being unprofessional, overly expensive, often times arrogant and unreliable!
Don't get me started on what caused the VarmintWife to get that "internal" phone number several years ago - to begin with.
Sheesh.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
The Detroit hub has been a black hole for packages since April. It’s a joke.
Posted By: FWP Re: USPS large package delays - 12/15/20
Originally Posted by Rodney482

Lately my Midway stuff has been delivered by UPS. I think Midway got tired of the complaints about the USPS and pulled the plug on that option.
Midway shipped me 2 packages on Dec 4th. One arrived on the 9th. The other one is still in St Louis. Bought something here on the fire and it took 12 days to get here from Buffalo N.Y. I mailed the check about 2 weeks ago and it has not showed up yet. A friend that lives 30 miles from me sent me something and it took 9 days to get here, I dont see it getting better soon.
Originally Posted by 99guy

This is right on the money. People are ordering their groceries and dog food online and waiting for USPS to deliver it. The shear number of packages right now is overwelming the infrastrucutre and labor force.

Not only more online shopping, but gifts are being packaged and mailed because no Christmas get-togethers this year. My family will have Christmas together, but my wife today mailed several packages to her aunts and uncles. They’re old. Lol. It’s a double or even a triple whammy when combined with more online orders than usual.
Posted By: passport Re: USPS large package delays - 12/15/20
But, but, the ballots had no issue...........
Man, I must be really lucky(knock on wood)! Every package that I have shipped, or received, has been delivered on the expected delivery date. A few have even been delivered early!
Posted By: msquared Re: USPS large package delays - 12/15/20
A news story about the USPS mess.:

https://www.greenwichtime.com/busin...s-historic-crush-of-holiday-15802662.php
I bought a FAKE Leupold on another site a couple weeks ago from a guy in MS. I'm in PA. It spent 4 days getting scanned at three different POs in MS within 50 miles of the guy's house. Then radio silence. Missed its target date, then 4 days later like magic was scanned in PA 20 miles from my house and delivered that day. I filed a claim and the requirement is I had to ship it back, once it arrives, I get my money back but had to use the site's label. USPS. It was in MS close to the guy's house 3 days ago, then scanned in Memphis and now radio silence. I can rest assured though because USPS says my package is on its way to the destination....using the scenic route apparently. I'm already POed the guy tried to whiz a counterfeit Leupy by me, now I have to wait for the USPS to get moving to get my money back.

December 14, 2020
In Transit, Arriving Late
Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

On a side note I shipped some ammo yesterday from a different UPS site than I usually use and it was totally different rules there with a lady who told me "I'm an [bleep]" when she introduced herself. Talk about how not to get a good rating while in customer service. Told me I probably packed my ammo wrong, made me open my packages for her verify the amount for insurance and made me use a kiosk while she stood by and waited for me. If I didn't really need to ship it yesterday, I'd have had a few choice words for her and walked out.
Posted By: Nkoza Re: USPS large package delays - 12/15/20
I have one that went “out for delivery” in my town on Monday then went to “delayed” when I called they told me expect 20-30 days minimum. I’m a little nervous about my new rifle riding around for that long
I’m waiting on a muzzleloader that was supposed to be delivered yesterday, and it appears to be hung up in Dallas since Saturday.
I’ve got to where I only ship stuff via FedEx. It’s costs a little more but gets to where it’s supposed to go on time or early.
Posted By: Dinny Re: USPS large package delays - 12/15/20
Originally Posted by NVhntr
If they are overwhelmed they will let the regular parcel and first class stuff sit.
Priority means priority.
Just sent my brother a Christmas gift to Cali Priority and it made it in 2 days.

This made me laugh! Every single piece of my delayed mail is/was sent PRIORITY.

Your card delivery was an anomaly. Did it get delivered on a unicorn?

Also posted this in another thread on the Forum.

Item I purchased here in the Classified’s was shipped Priority Mail from Alabama on 16 November and did not arrive in Pennsylvania until 6 December. It was delivered on a Sunday.

Was pretty confident that it would eventually get here.
Posted By: MOW Re: USPS large package delays - 12/16/20
Originally Posted by MOW
FYI: I been waiting for a large package that was Priority mailed 3 Dec and went into a regional facility 3 Dec. It has not moved since going into the regional facility. I requested an inquiry and they replied after the 2nd request that the package is delayed do to Covid. Another forum member has had the same thing happen, except his went into a regional facility 9 Dec and has not moved. If you need to mail a large package, you might want to consider an alternate carrier to the USPS.

Just received an update, package made it from Texas to Richmond today. Should be here soon I hope.
Posted By: 308ld Re: USPS large package delays - 12/16/20
I have a package coming, shipped from Texas. Been in Texas the last 8 days, today it says it's on it's way to destination. Now it just has to get to Massachusetts...
This has been going on since mid-summer, when the new Postmaster General took over and "streamlined" the USPS, partly by removing sorting machines.
Posted By: 358WCF Re: USPS large package delays - 12/16/20
A Marlin rimfire stock from Numrich for an Xmas present. Ordered Dec.2, accepted at the local PO on Dec. 3. Hasn't moved from local PO yet. WTF?
Posted By: rlp10ml Re: USPS large package delays - 12/16/20
From NYS ordered 2 different items from Kentucky on Dec. 2nd. .... Dec. 2nd. left Kentucky P.O. .... Dec 3rd. both accepted in Cincinnati P.O. NOW Today, Dec. 15th. STILL sitting in the Cincinnati P.O. Absolutely Ridiculous..........................
I guess it hits everyone differently. Got a package shipped from Michigan to Texas and it arrived on the exact day it said it would.
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: USPS large package delays - 12/16/20
We have a great local USPS office, but once your items leave there there's no telling what's going to happen. I've been sending USPS money orders priority mail so both parties would have a tracking number. $7.45 wasted but at least you know what's kind of going on.
Originally Posted by FWP
Originally Posted by Rodney482

Lately my Midway stuff has been delivered by UPS. I think Midway got tired of the complaints about the USPS and pulled the plug on that option.

Originally Posted by FWP
[quote=Rodney482]FYI Midwayusa uses UPS and then it gets transferred to USPS..... ugh .... avoid

Ive got an order from midwayusa annnnnnnnd its lost... shows going ups then usps.... was in my state and now its in a diff state.
Posted By: MOW Re: USPS large package delays - 12/16/20
Originally Posted by msquared

Good insight, I must be the lucky one...my FedEx and UPS packages for the most part have been arriving on time (within a day of two of scheduled arrival). I guess the best bet is to use what you feel will work best for you.
Posted By: Dinny Re: USPS large package delays - 12/16/20
Originally Posted by 308ld
Now it just has to get to Massachusetts...

I have a package that's been stuck at the Springfield, MA distro center for the past 6 days with no movement. Be careful what you wish for..
A stock I bought from a member here has been in Shreveport for the past 5 days.
Posted By: RJL53 Re: USPS large package delays - 12/16/20
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Priority means priority.

Not quite, First Class does not sit. Priority and Fist Class are both at the front of the line for delivery and not allowed to be delayed under normal conditions. And both of them actually travel on the same planes/trucks. Anyone that delayed any First Class got their ass in a wringer, it's the volume of everything that is clogging up the system. And the people that waited to buy or mail anything in December this year really don't have anyone to blame but themselves, Ray Charles could have seen this coming. And there is no "special" phone number to call to bitch about it as claimed here.
I sold bullets to a member in MT. Took 4 days for the package to move from our local PO to regional distribution center in Cincinnati, 40 miles away. The contract mail truck makes a "milk run" between our PO and Cincinnati twice a day, every day. No clue why it took round 8 round trips to show up in Cincy after it left our local PO. THEN, it took another 6 days to go from Cincinnati to MT... <smh>
Posted By: ringworm Re: USPS large package delays - 12/16/20
Put a deliver note in tracking that said they couldn't locate the destination.
It was raining and they didn't want to get out of the truck to put package on porch.
Socialism.
Posted By: Teal Re: USPS large package delays - 12/16/20
The amount of freight/packages being moved right now is higher than any time in history. Last year the index was at 10169 basis points - now it's at 14759 basis points and that's the lowest it's been since August.

Holiday spending is up 19% y/y - much of that ending up into the parcel final mile. Amazon actually delivers about 2/3's of their own packages on Amazon trucks - while areas that aren't service internally are serviced via FedEx and USPS. Amazon will deliver more packages on their own this year than FedEx will deliver this year of any type.

Los Angeles container count for November was up 22% y/y and at the end of the month with another 16 ships off the port waiting for space to unload (100k containers). Right now there are 15 ships dockside with another 23 anchored in the bay - waiting for space between LA and Long Beach. Forecasts show January to be up 5% over 2020. It's going to be tight like this for a while.

Add that now you have the COVID vaccines into the pipe line which will take priority over all else - it's going to be messy. I'm not blaming COVID - I AM saying that there's finite capacity and we're seeing demand well beyond that even without COVID reducing the # of available workers to move it or the added stress of a vaccine in the pipeline.

You have first, middle and final mile. Where the parcel industry will struggle is middle mile - DC to FC/Final mile delivery. Stuff will sit in those DC's until they can move them.
Posted By: Dinny Re: USPS large package delays - 12/16/20
And the Postmaster General never saw this coming!
My packages were sent 2 day priority 15 days ago and they are still not here...so much for priority mail.
My Priority Mail pkg. shipping from Indy to Gulfport, MS took nearly three weeks.
So, according to a or some members here, anyone or quite frankly everyone here purchasing something in December is an idiot? I'll never understand why some people have to be such asses, dicks or what ever term you want to put to them. So what is a person to do when they NEED to order something they want or need something like a part to fix something in the month of December, make believe they don't need it so they don't appear to be an IDIOT. What about someone posting something up for sale in December, not purchase it? WTH is up with people anymore? The thread seemed to be about expressing frustration in delays of items shipped and yet others need to turn it in to insulting members, not at all why the majority of us are here. I could call the driver who left our package 6 miles away at the wrong address, wrong town, wrong road, wrong house number, an idiot, but I don't, I don't know the circumstances, mistake or intentional? But certainly not a reason to call the person an idiot without knowing the circumstances. Just Saying. What about the 85 year old man who took the time to find an old phone book and start calling people with the same last name till one of them knew me and passed his phone number on to me to contact him for my package. He was frustrated as he couldn't get anyone from Fedex to talk on the phone, he was more frustrated than I was for not getting my package. Is he an idiot as well, I mean he could have had a nice Christmas present for free, but he wasn't calling the driver or Fedex idiots. Life happens, end of rant. Hope everyone receives their packages and has a nice Christmas, to include the haters and name callers.
Posted By: FWP Re: USPS package delays - 12/16/20
My package that was shipped on 12/5 from MI arrived in the Philly "regional destination facility" last night. Now lets see how long it takes to get delivered.

I'm happy at least its close! grin
Posted By: hh4whiskey Re: USPS package delays - 12/16/20
FWIW:

I’ve had a package from a state away, shipped 1DEC, sitting at the distro ctr, 60mi from my house, ever since the 3rd. Had another from farther away that shipped at the same time, that made it here Sunday. Postal worker ‘hinted’ that I should disinfect it and all other packages, before handling anything that came through either state and my local post office.
Posted By: gutthooked Re: USPS package delays - 12/16/20
I got several packages today through the postal service and they arrived 1 day ahead of schedule. maybe they were trying to beat the blizzard coming in.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: USPS package delays - 12/16/20
Originally Posted by HarleyHutch
So, according to a or some members here, anyone or quite frankly everyone here purchasing something in December is an idiot? I'll never understand why some people have to be such asses, dicks or what ever term you want to put to them. So what is a person to do when they NEED to order something they want or need something like a part to fix something in the month of December, make believe they don't need it so they don't appear to be an IDIOT. What about someone posting something up for sale in December, not purchase it? WTH is up with people anymore? The thread seemed to be about expressing frustration in delays of items shipped and yet others need to turn it in to insulting members, not at all why the majority of us are here. I could call the driver who left our package 6 miles away at the wrong address, wrong town, wrong road, wrong house number, an idiot, but I don't, I don't know the circumstances, mistake or intentional? But certainly not a reason to call the person an idiot without knowing the circumstances. Just Saying. What about the 85 year old man who took the time to find an old phone book and start calling people with the same last name till one of them knew me and passed his phone number on to me to contact him for my package. He was frustrated as he couldn't get anyone from Fedex to talk on the phone, he was more frustrated than I was for not getting my package. Is he an idiot as well, I mean he could have had a nice Christmas present for free, but he wasn't calling the driver or Fedex idiots. Life happens, end of rant. Hope everyone receives their packages and has a nice Christmas, to include the haters and name callers.

It's called the Ignore function. Give it a whirl sometime.
Posted By: d500lnn Re: USPS package delays - 12/16/20
Yes big apologetic delays.
I have 8 out right now somewhere in space. All at least a week late
Posted By: lhead71 Re: USPS large package delays - 12/16/20
Had a member send me some brass 12/3, just got here today. It's taking a long time, be patent.
Posted By: SupFoo Re: USPS large package delays - 12/16/20
Originally Posted by passport
But, but, the ballots had no issue...........

Ya, especially the 10 million fake ones for China Joe.
Posted By: BKS Re: USPS large package delays - 12/16/20
I have a package shipped from Kansas 4 WEEKS ago. First it sat in Kansas City for a week and now it’s been in Memphis for the last 10days. I filed a lost mail tracker today. Meanwhile I have a package mailed from AK that arrived in 3 days.
I tracked a non - holiday related package, a couple days ago.

No delivery time given now.

Just says “arriving late, still on the way”. 😂

Good thing it isn’t me-maws fruitcake.

Sign at Post office yesterday said the 18th is last day for priority Christmas delivery.

I’m doubting that.

Posted By: BKS Re: USPS large package delays - 12/16/20
I hope they go out of business. I always try to use an alternate carrier
Posted By: SupFoo Re: USPS package delays - 12/16/20
USPS ‘gridlocked’ as historic crush of holiday packages sparks delays

Private carriers FedEx and UPS have cut off new delivery orders for some retailers, rerouting surging mail volumes through the overwhelmed Postal Service.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/12/15/postal-service-holiday-packages-delays/
Posted By: Fotis Re: USPS package delays - 12/16/20
They are sucking hind tit these days.
Posted By: RDW Re: USPS package delays - 12/16/20
Feel sorry for them, real sorry.........

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
Posted By: smokinggun Re: USPS package delays - 12/16/20
Originally Posted by RDW

I bought an empty Ruger Redhawk box, a collectors item from 1983, and it was folded like that!
Posted By: mrchongo Re: USPS large package delays - 12/16/20
Originally Posted by lhead71
Had a member send me some brass 12/3, just got here today. It's taking a long time, be patent.

Glad it finally showed up! :-)
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Sign at Post office yesterday said the 18th is last day for priority Christmas delivery.

I’m doubting that.

They meant November 18th laugh
MOW: Alright I was critical of the usps when they AGAIN bungled an easy (but EXPENSIVE!) task this week - so now I have to give them a bit of credit.
I mailed a small package 8 days ago to my friend in Maple Valley taxington from here in SW Montana a distance of 605 road mile - it arrived safely today.
I realize the usps is busy (but way over paid!) and it is hectic this time of year but a small first class package only making 75.6 miles per day is, IMO, slow!
Anyway I thank them for getting it there safely (insured for $100.00) if in a somewhat slow manner.
Good luck all fellow "mailers".
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Originally Posted by RDW

If it fits..............aw to hell with it just mash it until it fits!!! That's the Christmas spirit!
Posted By: Hubert Re: USPS large package delays - 12/16/20
14 days ago, from a 5hr dr and it is not here yet,, I could of walked up to ct and got my package in that time..
Posted By: dallased Re: USPS large package delays - 12/16/20
I purchased a Buck knife from a member a while back. It is rattling around in the black hole the usps calls "in transit". The postal service is so screwed up it will never get unscrewed. Hooking up with Amazon was the straw that broke the camels back I believe. I purchased something from Simpsons LTD in Illinois on Friday. They are closed on Monday. Shipped yesterday to Podunk, taxsylvania, UPS guy just rang the door bell.
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
We have a great local USPS office, but once your items leave there there's no telling what's going to happen. I've been sending USPS money orders priority mail so both parties would have a tracking number. $7.45 wasted but at least you know what's kind of going on.

If you want to save money when mailing payments but need tracking, I have learned a trick. I take one of the padded envelopes I have gotten from Amazon, etc. and reuse it, In that the item is a 'package' and can be shipped first class parcel with free tracking for $3 and some change at 1 ounce. Normally not as fast, but how things are working now, it might get there quicker since it seems first class is going while priority is sitting. Also, I usually cut the envelope to remove extra weight, but it still needs enough space to attach the tracking # sticker. I have done this dozens of times. The only thing that you cannot do it print the postage online at the USPS site. It will not let you do First Class. So you have to do this in person at the post office. That is the only extra you get doing Priority is that you can do it online and drop it in your box for pickup.
Originally Posted by TrueGrit

Same here, I always send payment for gunbroker purchases via Priority Mail for the tracking even though a first class envelope sometimes might have arrived the same day. Sent a certified check in a Priority Mail 2 Day window envelope on Monday, 12/7 and it just arrived at the destination distribution center today, 12/17. 10 days. Since Saturday the tracking update kept showing 12/12 "In transit". I've seen "2 day" priority mail take 3 days before but this was the first time it's ever been in limbo like this for so long. It was payment for a gunbroker purchase and I was getting pretty worried that it had been lost.

Originally Posted by Ronald_55
If you want to save money when mailing payments but need tracking, I have learned a trick. I take one of the padded envelopes I have gotten from Amazon, etc. and reuse it, In that the item is a 'package' and can be shipped first class parcel with free tracking for $3 and some change at 1 ounce. Normally not as fast, but how things are working now, it might get there quicker since it seems first class is going while priority is sitting. Also, I usually cut the envelope to remove extra weight, but it still needs enough space to attach the tracking # sticker. I have done this dozens of times. The only thing that you cannot do it print the postage online at the USPS site. It will not let you do First Class. So you have to do this in person at the post office. That is the only extra you get doing Priority is that you can do it online and drop it in your box for pickup.

That's pretty neat, I'm going to try that. You think that Priority Mail is like "Super Special Expedite Through Rain, Sleet, Snow and Dark of Night", but it ain't.
Posted By: mad_okie Re: USPS large package delays - 12/17/20
I have been waiting on a part for my wife’s truck that shows it left a regional facility on Dec 11 after sitting there for 3 days and it hasn’t been scanned in anywhere since. Delivery was guaranteed by the 12th, so much for that
Posted By: moochy28 Re: USPS large package delays - 12/17/20
I ordered a new fishing reel and USPS says it was delivered to Parcel locker but it wasn't because we don't have one, now they said that they marked it delivered because they ran out of time that day to make the delivery but package is lost somewhere
Hopefully this helps someone, but UPS has regional pricing now similar to USPS Priority based on volume of the package. I shipped a 15# box of ammo for 15 bucks because it was small. Can weigh up to 75# I think. The ammo was supposed to be $25 based on weight but since it made a small box, it all worked out. I sent two packages of ammio out Monday evening from western PA UPS. One made it to NJ yesterday delivered, the other is on the truck to be delivered today in OK. Meanwhile, my package going to a small town in MS that was within 20 miles moved out of state to Memphis on Saturday and is still resting comfortably there.
Posted By: BKS Re: USPS large package delays - 12/17/20
11 days in Memphis for mine and counting
Posted By: david442 Re: USPS large package delays - 12/17/20
After reading this thread I am glad I switched to UPS about a year ago. Hope to never need to ship usps again. UPS has its faults, but way ahead of USPS.
Posted By: MOW Re: USPS large package delays - 12/18/20
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
MOW: Alright I was critical of the usps when they AGAIN bungled an easy (but EXPENSIVE!) task this week - so now I have to give them a bit of credit.
I mailed a small package 8 days ago to my friend in Maple Valley taxington from here in SW Montana a distance of 605 road mile - it arrived safely today.
I realize the usps is busy (but way over paid!) and it is hectic this time of year but a small first class package only making 75.6 miles per day is, IMO, slow!
Anyway I thank them for getting it there safely (insured for $100.00) if in a somewhat slow manner.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

My biggest gripe is they have suspended Priority shipping time claims, so they (USPS) know they can't get Priority mail/packages delivered on time (they even send you disclaimer saying this). They need to stop Priority service...stop charging for Priority service when you know you can't delivery on time. They should only be charging flat rate right now.
Posted By: RJL53 Re: USPS large package delays - 12/18/20
Originally Posted by MOW

They should only be charging flat rate right now.

And it will cost the same as Priority so what would that accomplish?
Posted By: styckbow Re: USPS large package delays - 12/18/20
And it’s said that voting by mail is safe!
I’m on the other side on this debate. We are in the middle of a pandemic right before Christmas. They probably aren’t Running at full capacity or have work arounds to have distance between workers too. I’ve been apart of thousands of package shipments and maybe had an issue twice. My mail carrier busts his a$$ everyday. Everyone has been buying online the past year and he doesn’t get paid anymore for having to get out of his vehicle to place packages at someone’s door at each stop. Give them a break. I’ve had horrible FedEx service with the very few dealings with them. Diamond ring left on porch I had to sign for. $500 Steelers playoff tickets laying in the snow that could have been put inside a door. Packages left at the end of my long driveway.
I mailed a New in the Box Rock River LAR-8 to Centerville Texas from Colorado Springs 11/27/2020 and it has never been scanned since it reached the Anters post office. Post Office has no idea where it is at or anything about it. I will file a claim to get my money back. Pure BS.
Posted By: Jcon72 Re: USPS large package delays - 12/18/20
I had a guy ship me a pair of S&W revolver grips on 11-30 from Arnold, MD. They were scanned on that day, then disappeared from the face of the earth for 2 WEEKS before finally making it just 30 miles to Baltimore. They supposedly left St. Louis, MO today, so hopefully they'll get here to Illinois before Christmas.
Posted By: lubo Re: USPS large package delays - 12/18/20
USPS took over two weeks on 2nd day priority shipment from Midway. At least it arrived in one piece and undamaged. I was lucky enough to find 9mm bullets and of course they sold in no time and was afraid they wouldn't show up
Posted By: Region6 Re: USPS large package delays - 12/18/20
Originally Posted by andymick32
I’m on the other side on this debate. We are in the middle of a pandemic right before Christmas. They probably aren’t Running at full capacity or have work arounds to have distance between workers too. I’ve been apart of thousands of package shipments and maybe had an issue twice. My mail carrier busts his a$$ everyday. Everyone has been buying online the past year and he doesn’t get paid anymore for having to get out of his vehicle to place packages at someone’s door at each stop. Give them a break. I’ve had horrible FedEx service with the very few dealings with them. Diamond ring left on porch I had to sign for. $500 Steelers playoff tickets laying in the snow that could have been put inside a door. Packages left at the end of my long driveway.

^^^^ This
Originally Posted by BKS

I went online and filled out a complaint form today. It’s been sitting in Memphis for 6 days. It arrived in Oxford MS 12 miles from the destination on the 12th and was promptly sent 60 miles the other direction the same day to Memphis.

I filed a complaint at 10:09 local time today. At 11:23, it was scanned as having departed Memphis. Could be a coincidence I’m sure, but then again.

In the meantime I have a rifle stock that was scanned Monday in UT coming to me Priority. One scan and that’s it, no clue where it’s at and no expected date. I am also waiting on a first class mailed MO since Monday from MS, no sign of it.

Also Monday evening I shipped two boxes of ammo UPS from the Pittsburgh area. One arrived in NJ on Wed, the other in OK on Thurs as projected no issues.

The new UPS simple rate should cut into the USPS priority mail. It will for me.
I'm in at $2200.00 with 6 packages floating around in the USPS Merry go round with no one at the controls,
Posted By: BKS Re: USPS large package delays - 12/18/20

Well that’s good. I filed my complaint the other day and got a phone call, mine has been sitting in Memphis for 13 days now. I’m almost sure it was stolen, it had come of the custom knives and axes that I bought off here.

Got a phone call the next morning but nothing since, hence why I believe it’s been stolen.

Originally Posted by 3darcher2
Originally Posted by BKS

I went online and filled out a complaint form today. It’s been sitting in Memphis for 6 days. It arrived in Oxford MS 12 miles from the destination on the 12th and was promptly sent 60 miles the other direction the same day to Memphis.

I filed a complaint at 10:09 local time today. At 11:23, it was scanned as having departed Memphis. Could be a coincidence I’m sure, but then again.

In the meantime I have a rifle stock that was scanned Monday in UT coming to me Priority. One scan and that’s it, no clue where it’s at and no expected date. I am also waiting on a first class mailed MO since Monday from MS, no sign of it.

Also Monday evening I shipped two boxes of ammo UPS from the Pittsburgh area. One arrived in NJ on Wed, the other in OK on Thurs as projected no issues.

Posted By: weagle Re: USPS large package delays - 12/18/20
Sent a scope to Burris for warranty work. USPS Priority. It arrived today. 14 days from Atlanta to Greely CO.
My brother’s business ships stuff out multiple times daily and about 6 months ago had to quit using USPS, because there was absolutely no telling when his shipments would be delivered or if they would be delivered. He only uses FedEx or UPS now and hasn’t had a single problem (not that either one of them can’t drop the ball).
Posted By: dallased Re: USPS large package delays - 12/18/20
Originally Posted by Craig2506
The Detroit hub has been a black hole for packages since April. It’s a joke.

Man, ain't that the truth!!!! Avoid anything from Michigan that might go into that mess.
Posted By: dallased Re: USPS large package delays - 12/18/20
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

I am sorry but I can't let that one go. Our local Target is paying fifteen bucks an hour to stock shelves........to start. Postal employees don't get paid much more than that to start and the job is a hell of a lot tougher than putting out candy bars. Try to get fedex or ups to deliver an envelope for 55 cents.
Posted By: elkmen1 Re: USPS large package delays - 12/18/20
Why would anyone use USPS ? I ship Fedex exclusively and most of the time it arrives earlier than projected.
Posted By: elkmen1 Re: USPS large package delays - 12/18/20
Last week I shipped two identical packages from the west coast to the east coast. The shipping points were within one block of each other, and had the same destination. The one sent by Fedex arrived the same week it was shipped! The package shipped by UPS arrived the following week, three days after the one on Fedex.
Posted By: ralo79 Re: USPS large package delays - 12/18/20
Ive got 3 packages coming and can put all 3 in a coke can. One left Tucson on the 9th, no scan since. one from Ohio came to Oxford, (bout an hr away) then went back North to Memphis. Been there 5 days now, the other Ive give up on, I know its lost. USPS needs to clean house!!!
Posted By: Calhoun Re: USPS large package delays - 12/18/20
Had a gun shipped USPS 3 day priority on December 4th. It took 9 days for it to travel 94 miles from it's origin to Cincinnati. It's been sitting in Cincinnati since then - so 94 miles in 14 days.

Won some items on December 5th in an auction that were shipped out Dec. 10th from Oregon on UPS. It traveled 1600 miles in 6 days and was delivered on the 16th.

USPS sucks.
Posted By: johnw Re: USPS large package delays - 12/18/20
A buddy from S.W. Montana priority mailed a box of elk snack sausage day before yesterday. Wife just laid the package in front of me.

Almost spooky as I was just sharpening knives, and had just wiped the first one down.
Posted By: slammer Re: USPS large package delays - 12/18/20
I had an incoming package sit in Denver for 4 days. Yesterday it showed leaving there at 9:13 am so I figured I'd have it today. I checked today and it showed that it left Denver (again) today at 6:38 am and is now in Colorado Springs.
Posted By: Daveh Re: USPS large package delays - 12/18/20
Most on here know that I have bought and sold a metric ton of stuff over the years and always used USPS 99.5% without issue but the last month the wheels have come completely off. My local office is good folks but nationally it’s a wreck...... Just hope it straightens out as they are WAY easier for me.....
I just had to locally do a curbside to replace a package for my nephew that shipped 12-3 and has not moved. I have to drop it with my parents tomorrow. That was Amazon. Have another for my niece from another store tgat shipped on the 5th and us in the same boat.

Mailed a payment for an item I bought here via USPS First Class Parcel yesterday. We will see how that goes.
Posted By: Dinny Re: USPS large package delays - 12/19/20
I had a package stuck at the Richmond USPS hub for 8 days. It finally left the hub last night and was delivered to my house today. In speaking with my mail lady she told me the workers at the hub have a choice of whether they want to come to work or not. Covid laws are allowing them to keep their jobs.

Thanks, Dinny
Posted By: FWP Re: USPS package delays - 12/20/20
I just received this email update from the USPS:

"Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility."

On 12/16/20 the package left the sorting facility and had to travel 1.5 miles to the local post office. That would be 1.5 miles in 3 days. smile
Posted By: 160user Re: USPS package delays - 12/20/20
I have a guy waiting for a package that was sent 12/3. I am waiting for one that was shipped 11/30. They must be WALKING these things across the country!
Posted By: donsm70 Re: USPS package delays - 12/20/20
I was glad to hear that my package just made it from PA to TX. Now just one more from PA to VA and another one coming this way.
donsm70
Posted By: Kdf22 Re: USPS package delays - 12/20/20
Waiting since 12-7-20 and all I get is In Transit
Posted By: lightning Re: USPS package delays - 12/20/20
Sent a package on 12/09 to MikeL2 in Watertown NY. It arrived in Syracuse on the 15th and hasn’t moved for 4 days. When I talk to usps, they say be patient, we are short staffed everywhere!! Pay for 3 day service, but takes 2 weeks to get there.
Sent my nephew a ground blind on Amazon from Wisconsin to Vermont via ups on 12/14, it arrived today, in just 5 days. Have to start thinking about using UPS from now on.
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: USPS package delays - 12/20/20
Look at it this way.

If every piece of mail that USPS deals with is considered an item then they move so much more schitt than UPS and Fed Ex move combined.

Packages can be scanned but individual letters/envelope aren't, those are hand sorted. No wonder they are way behind at this time of year.

I am sure there are more packages shipped this year due to the pandemic, people aren't traveling so they are probably overloaded. I have had 2 guns take a bit to get here but realize the reality of the situation.
Posted By: LHPanther Re: USPS package delays - 12/20/20
Had a Colt Python sent to me on 12/11 via 2 day priority, arrived 12/17. Not the worst wait in the world but was on pins and needles due to the nature of the contents.
Posted By: Dinny Re: USPS package delays - 12/20/20
Originally Posted by LHPanther
Had a Colt Python sent to me on 12/11 via 2 day priority, arrived 12/17. Not the worst wait in the world but was on pins and needles due to the nature of the contents.

Similar situation here. My dealer has a rifle inbound for me that has sat in the Springfield, MA hub for 10 days now. What concerns me most is that it was shipped from Bob's Guns (first name changed to protect the innocent) and it's in a long slender box. How do we know when it has gone from delayed to stolen? Just think of the extra time a seasonal worker has to steal something, call off work due to COVID, then disappear.
Posted By: Timbermaster Re: USPS package delays - 12/20/20
Originally Posted by Dinny

Similar situation here. My dealer has a rifle inbound for me that has sat in the Springfield, MA hub for 10 days now. What concerns me most is that it was shipped from Bob's Guns (first name changed to protect the innocent) and it's in a long slender box. How do we know when it has gone from delayed to stolen? Just think of the extra time a seasonal worker has to steal something, call off work due to COVID, then disappear.

Nobody includes the word “Gun” on the label of a mailed package. If they did, well....
Posted By: 257heaven Re: USPS package delays - 12/20/20
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
Originally Posted by Dinny

Nobody includes the word “Gun” on the label of a mailed package. If they did, well....

I typically misspell “Guns” if making a label and use “GNS” instead. Just a little “typo”.

Posted By: milespatton Re: USPS package delays - 12/20/20
My package is still at the Little Rock distribution center, or so they say. Been there 13 days so far. frown miles
Posted By: Dinny Re: USPS package delays - 12/20/20
257 - I only wish every "Bob" would do the same. The business accounts some dealers have lists their full business name. In this case it is his first name and the word Guns. I didn't know the name of the dealer the seller was using until after I was notified of shipping.

Thanks, Dinny

I would like to respond to this, just to let you know and others we are working SEVEN TWELVES ! Diligence ? what more would you like us to do ? You have covid , workers getting sick having to quarantine then to top it off CHRISTMAS ! AND every tom dick and harry ordering everything on line. I my self have a package out there somewhere, I would like to also add that the mail is mostly moved by contractors.
THIS IS THE PERFECT STORM
I shipped 2 barreled actions to Pac-Nor 12/7, arrived in Seattle 12/15, shows in transit and late delivery. No idea where they actually are. Damn glad I put insurance on them.
I mailed a NIB Rock River LAR-8 to Centerville Texas 11/27 from Colorado Springs and it has never been scanned beyond the first Post Office in the Springs (Antares Station). Postal Inspectors will not return my calls. On the 27 of December I will file a claim for the insurance!
Posted By: DANNYL Re: USPS large package delays - 12/20/20
I've noticed that retailers such as midway and amazon are right on time. Normal individual shipping is delayed big time. UPS or USPS aren't going to take the chance on loosing business from the retailer.
Posted By: FWP Re: USPS large package delays - 12/20/20
https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2...taffing-shortages-week-before-christmas/
Well, todays report says my package is in transit, to Memphis, Tennessee. Passed within 10 miles of my house to do so. miles
Originally Posted by DANNYL
I've noticed that retailers such as midway and amazon are right on time. Normal individual shipping is delayed big time. UPS or USPS aren't going to take the chance on loosing business from the retailer.

Haven't had this as my experience. Multiple packages with delays from Amazon and a couple other retailers. Personally, have a rifle I shipped from Concord NH to FL on 12/8 USPS Priority Mail and has been in transit since.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: USPS package delays - 12/21/20
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

#realtalk

Side note.

I placed an order in Georgia on Thursday night, shipped Friday via FedEx, handled off to usps and delivered Saturday.
Originally Posted by 3darcher2
Originally Posted by BKS

Well despite showing being back in Memphis on Sunday, lo and behold the package was delivered today. Squeaky wheel gets the grease. After filing my inquiry on Friday, I got an email from my destination PO saying they would look into it. Coincidence or not I’ll take it.

My incoming rifle stock still shows arrived at Provo last Monday, radio silence since then other than it’s on its way to the destination....in PA

One just has to read the newspaper to see what’s happening, the Post Office is overwhelmed with the volume of mail.
Posted By: d500lnn Re: USPS large package delays - 12/21/20
I shipped a ML back on the 8th. Guy called me yesterday and he just got it. I bought a scope here on the 9th and it made it to Atlanta and then left and made its way to New Orleans. Now it’s on his way back here. It was shipped from Alabama.🤦🏻‍♂️
Posted By: Bobmar Re: USPS large package delays - 12/21/20
I understand that they are overwhelmed but I have a package that has been in transit for 18 days and hasn’t moved in 13. Ct to Va. Do they have the space to warehouse all that mail, for that much time, nationwide? Are they just piling one days mail on top of the next? How do they decide what gets delivered and what gets piled up? I’m patient but I’m curious too. How are they managing this situation?
Posted By: DANNYL Re: USPS large package delays - 12/21/20
Could be worse, could be filing claims. In a way it can be nice being delayed so when it shows up ya get all giggly because ya forgot about it.
Posted By: MOW Re: USPS large package delays - 12/21/20
Originally Posted by MOW

Update: Still waiting...
I just mailed a package -priority mail to Yakima Washington on the 17th and it was due there the 21st and it was delivered the 21st. !

I paid a company $9.99 for Priority shipping, package has still not arrived. Sent inquiries twice, most recently was told to be patient that it was in transit. I replied that I wanted a replacement shipped UPS or I wanted a refund. Seller replied that UPS cost 3x what USPS Priority does. I called bullchit on that statement and demanded a refund to which the seller agreed. I had occassion to ship a couple small packages via UPS today, each the same size as the one expected, cost was $9.43 ea. proving my point that UPS shipping definately was not 3x more than USPS.
Got all of mine 1 day late not bad for what's going on.
Posted By: DANNYL Re: USPS package delays - 12/22/20
I shipped 2 boxes to the same address in GA on the 14th, 1 just left Rochester NY and the other has been sitting in Atlanta for 4 days. Maybe they are just holding it until the other box catches up so they can be delivered the same time. LOL
Posted By: spook1 Re: USPS package delays - 12/22/20
Guy sent me a barrel on 11/28. It has showed it is delayed but still on its way since 12/2 with no updates.
Posted By: OlRufus Re: USPS large package delays - 12/22/20
It would seem to me what with 16 pages of replies that we’ve about beaten this dead horse into the ground.
Surely y’all can understand what with the overwhelming extra influx of parcels, UPS and FEDEX establishing limits on their workload which only adds to the USPS, the supposed cutbacks in handling equipment and trucking restrictions NOT TO MENTION the shortage of normal workers due to COVID etc. , who could expect anything less? I’d say they’re doing a fair job given what’s been put on their plate for the last couple months.
Just my 2 cents. Give it a rest.

Originally Posted by OlRufus
It would seem to me what with 16 pages of replies that we’ve about beaten this dead horse into the ground.
Surely y’all can understand what with the overwhelming extra influx of parcels, UPS and FEDEX establishing limits on their workload which only adds to the USPS, the supposed cutbacks in handling equipment and trucking restrictions NOT TO MENTION the shortage of normal workers due to COVID etc. , who could expect anything less? I’d say they’re doing a fair job given what’s been put on their plate for the last couple months.
Just my 2 cents. Give it a rest.

+1
Posted By: Landyboy Re: USPS large package delays - 12/22/20
Originally Posted by Bobmar
I understand that they are overwhelmed but I have a package that has been in transit for 18 days and hasn’t moved in 13. Ct to Va. Do they have the space to warehouse all that mail, for that much time, nationwide? Are they just piling one days mail on top of the next? How do they decide what gets delivered and what gets piled up? I’m patient but I’m curious too. How are they managing this situation?

Most likely sitting in long haul trucks.
Originally Posted by Landyboy

I have a package stuck in Detroit. They have 50+ long haul trucks sitting there waiting to unload.
Posted By: Dinny Re: USPS large package delays - 12/24/20
Originally Posted by andymick32
Originally Posted by Landyboy

I have a package stuck in Detroit. They have 50+ long haul trucks sitting there waiting to unload.

I sure hope they're sitting inside a secure yard with tall, electric fences with concertina wire on top. Ever seen what happens to a nice car or truck that sits in the same spot for a few days in Detroit??
Posted By: Dinny Re: USPS package delays - 12/24/20
https://www.uspsoig.gov/uspsoig-contact

Scroll down to where it says, I need to find...my mail/package.

I got an instant, albeit automated, reply that my case was reopened. My local PM closed it after telling me that my package was already delivered without the proper scans. confused

She didn't like my reply, "I wouldn't be here right now if it had already been delivered!"
Posted By: KU_Geo Re: USPS package delays - 12/24/20
Shipped a rifle on nov 24th, just got delivered Monday! 4 weeks after I sent it priority mail with 3 day delivery.
Posted By: RJL53 Re: USPS large package delays - 12/24/20
Originally Posted by Poconojack

One just has to read the newspaper to see what’s happening, the Post Office is overwhelmed with the volume of mail.

Yep, but a lot of knuckle heads don't seem to understand no matter how many times they are told or hear about the current issues. I really love the people that think if the ship Priority it will get there in 3 days, if they would learn to read it says Expected delivery in 3 days not guaranteed delivery. If you really want something delivered quicker try shipping Express Mail which most of the time gets where it's going overnight but it will cost ya a pretty penny.
Well, it appears both of my slow deliveries will be delivered today. One only took 10 days to go from Ohio to Texas, but the other took 16 days to get from Kentucky to Texas. From what I’ve heard, I’m lucky it only took that long.
Posted By: FWP Re: USPS large package delays - 12/24/20
Yep, but a lot of knuckle heads don't seem to understand no matter how many times they are told or hear about the current issues.

Knuckle heads? Your paying for a service and expect it.

In addition the current "issues" did not become common knowledge until well after the system collapsed.
Posted By: flur60 Re: USPS package delays - 12/24/20
I shipped a package once.
It said three day delivery
It was delivered in three days
Sorry
Originally Posted by flur60
I shipped a package once.
It said three day delivery
It was delivered in three days
Sorry

2019?

Yep, but a lot of knuckle heads don't seem to understand no matter how many times they are told or hear about the current issues. I really love the people that think if the ship Priority it will get there in 3 days, if they would learn to read it says Expected delivery in 3 days not guaranteed delivery. If you really want something delivered quicker try shipping Express Mail which most of the time gets where it's going overnight but it will cost ya a pretty penny.

How would you like to pay for Express Mail expecting it would arrive the next day but it arrives in 2 weeks instead?
Posted By: GeoW Re: USPS package delays - 12/24/20
“Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds”

Merry Christmas all!
Posted By: Poconojack Re: USPS package delays - 12/24/20

The current situation has been developing since May.
Posted By: Dinny Re: USPS package delays - 12/25/20
Sad

Attached picture Screenshot_20201224-203219_Firefox.jpg
Attached picture Screenshot_20201224-203247_Firefox.jpg
Posted By: Dinny Re: USPS package delays - 12/25/20
One more

Attached picture Screenshot_20201224-203313_Firefox.jpg
Posted By: MOW Re: USPS large package delays - 12/25/20
Originally Posted by MOW

Update:

With no tracking updates (except the final delivery one) my package was delivered the 23rd.
Mine has been in Memphis for 5 days now, and scanned twice in two different zip codes, both in Memphis. I don't think anybody knows what truck to put it on to get to a small town. Up and down the interstate is all they know. miles
In an earlier post, I stated I may have to look at UPS for shipping packages in the future. NOT! Yesterday I drove the 25 miles to the nearest UPS hub to ship some ammo because it’s the only option. Walked in and told, “we are not accepting any packages for shipment until Monday!” No mention of that on their website, and no Tel# listed to call in advance. I would have tried Fed Ex, but that was another 20 miles.
Shipped a shotgun to another fire member out in the Carolina's from Illinois using priority mail through the post office. It arrived a month late, but it arrived!
Shipped a rifle part via USPS to a member on here and the envelope arrived torn without the part inside. Sucks but thankfully it was a small and inexpensive part.
Originally Posted by MOW
Originally Posted by MOW

Update:

With no tracking updates (except the final delivery one) my package was delivered the 23rd.

My package was shipped 12/3 also. It is scheduled for delivery Monday. smile

Jim
Originally Posted by mikestaten
Shipped a rifle part via USPS to a member on here and the envelope arrived torn without the part inside. Sucks but thankfully it was a small and inexpensive part.

Another one that never learned to tape stuff to the inside of the envelope....
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: USPS large package delays - 12/25/20

Express Mail just means you get to pay more and it will arrive at the same time 'snail mail' does. No refunds, either. BTDT
Mailed a rifle to Florida on Monday, arrived yesterday. I am shocked, shocked i tell you!
Had a priority mail package delivered today of all days. In Michigan. Sent 21st from TX.
Originally Posted by lightning
In an earlier post, I stated I may have to look at UPS for shipping packages in the future. NOT! Yesterday I drove the 25 miles to the nearest UPS hub to ship some ammo because it’s the only option. Walked in and told, “we are not accepting any packages for shipment until Monday!” No mention of that on their website, and no Tel# listed to call in advance. I would have tried Fed Ex, but that was another 20 miles.

That is the problem the other carriers will shut off incoming packages and will not take anymore till the volume subsides and they can handle the volume again. While the USPS will take your packages and still deliver them. The USPS should be applauded for their efforts in these trying times. It is the 26th of december today and I have a package due to be delivered today and it has been on time the whole way from the west coast to iowa. The last 3 weeks have seen delays but I think things are starting to slowly get back to how they were. It still is busy because of covid-19 however and should allow some extra time.
I have another good thing to say about the USPS. I had a late arriving present for my daughter on Tuesday mailed it priority on tuesday arrived on christmas eve day. COULD NOT OF PLANNED IT ANY BETTER=== HAPPY DAUGHTER
Posted By: webfoot56 Re: USPS package delays - 12/26/20
Originally Posted by KU_Geo
Shipped a rifle on nov 24th, just got delivered Monday! 4 weeks after I sent it priority mail with 3 day delivery.

PLEASE KNOW YOUR PRIORITY PACKAGE IS NOT GUARANTEED TO BE DELIVERED IN 3 OR 4 DAYS. In normal times this is what it should take . I am sorry it has taken so long it should not. I had a similar problem with a 1500 dollar handgun sitting in Milwaukee wi. It sat there 5 days and did not move was sent priority mail, then moved about 1 hour down road and sat again. I wen to post office and requested a trace on my package . 2 days later it arrived. Glad i got it and undamaged . These are not normal times so we should cut the usps a little respect.
Posted By: SAINTDANIEL Re: USPS package delays - 12/26/20
Originally Posted by webfoot56
Originally Posted by KU_Geo

PLEASE KNOW YOUR PRIORITY PACKAGE IS NOT GUARANTEED TO BE DELIVERED IN 3 OR 4 DAYS. In normal times this is what it should take . I am sorry it has taken so long it should not. I had a similar problem with a 1500 dollar handgun sitting in Milwaukee wi. It sat there 5 days and did not move was sent priority mail, then moved about 1 hour down road and sat again. I wen to post office and requested a trace on my package . 2 days later it arrived. Glad i got it and undamaged . These are not normal times so we should cut the usps a little respect.

100% correct ! nobody gets more pissed at the p.o than i do, i have 20 years with them wife is on 30. As i stated in a earlier post this was the perfect storm. I myself had a package sent from McMillan in AZ Dec. 1 just arrived today at our local processing center. I guess if you hate the p.o that much do not use-them.
Posted By: milespatton Re: USPS package delays - 12/29/20
My package finally got here yesterday. miles
Posted By: 308ld Re: USPS package delays - 12/30/20
Just checked on a large envelope I mailed with tracking. Mailed on 12/21 from a Boston post office. Tracking # indicates it left Boston on 12/28 ???????????
Posted By: JamesJr Re: USPS package delays - 12/30/20
Traded bullets with a member here. He sent his two days before I sent mine. Mine were delivered to him in Texas on Christmas Eve, the ones he sent to me have been sitting in Memphis for at least 3 days now. I've always defended USPS because I worked there for 31 years, and most people have no idea about what all is involved in the delivery of the mail, but I can no longer do so. USPS sucks big time these days.
Posted By: milespatton Re: USPS package delays - 12/30/20
I would still rather have USPS over FEDX. Seems like it is different in different parts of the country. UPS does a good job here too. miles
Posted By: DANNYL Re: USPS package delays - 01/05/21
Fedex got me yesterday by delivering 3 packages to 2 different locations. They sent me a text saying 2 of the items were delivered at 836pm so I went outside to check and nothing, 14 minutes later I get a text stating the third item was delivered and still haven't seen any of them. Fedex says they are working on finding them but I kinda doubt anything will show up.
Posted By: Redneck Re: USPS package delays - 01/05/21
Our Christmas cards are still in Atlanta - been there since 12/10/20... Maybe we'll get 'em by July 4th.......maybe.
Posted By: magshooter1 Re: USPS package delays - 01/06/21
Scopes I bought here that shipped on the 8th got here yesterday. No tracking info from Baltimore to Little Rock, then El Dorado. Just suddenly "out for delivery"
Posted By: deaner20 Re: USPS package delays - 01/06/21
Scope took 9 days to go 3 hr car ride down the road
Then gets there busted filed insure claim did everythig they require only to get denied because I didn’t turn in the scope butttt I did I have a receipt so go to local office they say oh we put it in the safe and forgot aghhhhhh now I have to appeal 😖🤢😭
Posted By: Barney_Fife Re: USPS package delays - 01/06/21
Trucks are still running hot to Georgia. Give it at least 3 more days then things should start moving close to normal.
Posted By: alpinecrick Re: USPS package delays - 01/06/21
Originally Posted by milespatton
I would still rather have USPS over FEDX. Seems like it is different in different parts of the country. UPS does a good job here too. miles

The last two months I've ordered a bunch of items via USPS from most regions of the country. USPS packages coming out of the Northeast have been very slow. the rest of the country the USPS seems to be doing fine.

Meanwhile I've ordered twice from Midway and Graf's. Both orders from Midway were out the door within 24 hrs, Grafs took 17 and 18 days before my orders even shipped.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: USPS package delays - 01/06/21
Here's one for you.

I bought a rifle the week before Christmas (a cherry 1939-vintage Enfield No.2 MkIV. .22 caliber British Army training rifle, and yes I have a C&R FFL), that came to Maryland from NJ- 3 hours away. It arrived yesterday, the 4th, via USPS. I could've (should've) driven up and got it. The clincher was I found the package yesterday morning laying on the patio in front of the front door, in a puddle of water, in the rain. It had evidently been delivered sometime Sunday night, of all things. "Adult signature required." Hah! "We ain't got time for that!" No [bleep].

The box was soaking wet and literally fell apart when I picked it up. After frantically tearing it open I found the rifle safely ensconced in about 15 layers of bubble wrap- safe and sound, dry as a bone, and none the worse from spending 2 weeks in the hands of the Postal Service. I thought of raising hell with the folks at the PO but thought better of it- would they behave similarly in future out of spite? Since no harm was done would I have a leg to stand on?
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: USPS package delays - 01/06/21
Sent a small priority box (with component bullets inside) to Oklahoma a couple weeks ago. It showed up there a day ahead of prediction--which makes me guess that the big Christmas flood is starting to slow down.
Posted By: Fotis Re: USPS package delays - 01/06/21
Been 7 days for priority mail to get here from Texas. Nada yet
Posted By: Dinny Re: USPS package delays - 01/06/21
My gun arrived at the dealer yesterday. It shipped on 9 DEC and sat in Springfield, MA for 23 days. The box was beat up and it appears they tried to fold it in half. Amazingly, the gun seems fine despite having a little bit of brown paper in the box with it.
Posted By: John_Boy Re: USPS package delays - 01/06/21
I shipped this to South Carolina.....
Opa Locka Florida is a suburb of Miami.......
Before this it was a package sent to me by a member in Georgia....
It went to Detroit first......
Then they turn around and get one in two days early.
They blame corona.......................

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: MOW Re: USPS package delays - 01/22/21
USPS is still a blackhole, I purchased something from gun broker, asked before I purchased if they would ship UPS or FedEx and they said yes. After I purchased, I asked again to ship UPS or FedEx and they said yes, then they shipped it USPS (whole different issue). It was shipped 4 Jan, no location updates since 4 Jan, claim put in 14 Jan asking where the package is, no response. I know people have had problems with UPS, but I have ordering things using UPS and it all has been showing up within a day or two of schedule. My last two orders from Midway, one went out UPS and one USPS, the UPS was ordered 3 days after the USPS order. I received the UPS order and I m still waiting on the USPS order (don't know why they were shipped different ways, but I will pay better attention on my next order). Both are relatively the same size and weight package. I was hoping USPS would get better after the holidays, but it seems they are still backlogged. A couple days late, no problem, 5-7 days late, it happens, but 3-5 weeks late and absolutely no tracking updates is just irresponsible. Whats done, is done, I'll just sit tight and wait for the shipment to arrive and hope things get back to normal soon.
Posted By: 160user Re: USPS package delays - 01/22/21
I am still waiting ion a letter (check) from a member on here that was sent a day or two after Christmas and still hasn't arrived.
Posted By: Dinny Re: USPS package delays - 01/22/21
Originally Posted by 160user
I am still waiting ion a letter (check) from a member on here that was sent a day or two after Christmas and still hasn't arrived.

Me too.
Posted By: msquared Re: USPS package delays - 01/22/21
Hey, I got my Christmas Grice ad in the mail yesterday! Holiday hours! Prices good through January 17... Those big mailings ain't cheap. I hate to think of all the money wasted by businesses because of the USPS delays.
Posted By: MOW Re: USPS package delays - 01/22/21
I'm still trying to figure out why ammo manufactures are spending money on advertising. Also, received a Natchez catolog yesterday and my guess is half what's in the catalog is sold out...a waste of even printing it.
Posted By: donsm70 Re: USPS package delays - 01/22/21
I was talking to a buddy on Tuesday of this week, the 19th, he said his son and his family in North Carolina just received their Christmas package, which was mailed on December 10th. The package was mailed from Virginia.🥴
donsm70
Posted By: styckbow Re: USPS package delays - 01/22/21
I just received a Christmas card from Colorado to Pennsylvania, postmarked 12/9/20 and arrived 1/21/21.

Biden votes are probably still rolling in...
Posted By: bbassi Re: USPS package delays - 01/22/21
Still waiting on a set of rings that disappeared in a sorting facility 12/9 and has not been updated since. The seller offered me a refund, but it's not his fault. I mailed a check to a member here on Christmas (dropped it in the corner box in town) that never showed up. I had to send a MO to him Certified mail. USPS SUCKS!
Posted By: styckbow Re: USPS package delays - 01/22/21
Originally Posted by msquared
Hey, I got my Christmas Grice ad in the mail yesterday! Holiday hours! Prices good through January 17... Those big mailings ain't cheap. I hate to think of all the money wasted by businesses because of the USPS delays.

I’m on their mailing list and haven’t received this yet, and they are only 2 hours away.
Posted By: Ronald_55 Re: USPS package delays - 01/22/21
An amazon package we ordered went from NC (45 minutes from me) to Memphis TN (drove right past me) then to Atlanta. Some nonsense about receiver having a delivery agreement or something in the tracking notes. Last package that went through Atlanta took 2 weeks to move out of there. I expect it to go to NY or some crap next. My kid just needs his book to write his book report.

On the other side something I bought off a forum went from Washington state to me in 4 days including the 3 day weekend. I could have waited a month on it, I don't need it until this summer.. lol
Posted By: dgr416 Re: USPS package delays - 01/22/21
My parents live right near the mail mailing depot for the post office north of Atlanta .If you saw what was working there you would know why your packages are gone .We just had a 19 year old black mail seal a million dollars from the Kroger store he worked at .He made fake reciets and put the money on visa cards .He bought shoes guns and two cars .He wrecked one of the cars .He was out of jail the first day on a $11,000 bond .They are protected golden eagles now and can so anything they want to .
Posted By: River_Ridge Re: USPS package delays - 01/22/21
I've had pretty good luck with USPS lately. I sent a rifle from NY to Milwaukee on Tuesday and it's out for delivery this morning. I have another package coming today from Midway a day early.
My wife ordered something for our DIL to-be and it sat in our local PO from 12/19 until a couple weeks ago when it was delivered.
I did have one head scratcher a few years ago. I sent a set of rings from NY to AL. They went to the destination city, turned around and came all the way back to my local PO, then went all the way back to the buyer again. Couldn't blame that one on the covid!
Posted By: USMC2602 Re: USPS package delays - 01/22/21
I mailed a USPS flat rate box to a member in Texas, I'm in Kansas. It went through a distribution center in Des Moines, and now shows hitting a distribution center in Maryland! That's the damnedest route I've ever seen from Kansas to Texas......
Posted By: z1r Re: USPS package delays - 01/22/21
Yesterday, the package containing my son's Christmas present for his Mom arrived. It was shipped on December 03. Like I told my wife, the box was in the best shape I've ever seen a flat rate box in. Odd for a box that's been "missing" for more than a month!
Posted By: Cruiser1 Re: USPS package delays - 01/22/21
I ship about 30 packages a week on USPS and things are definitely getting back, close, to normal. Still a few exceptions; but nothing like what was happening in December. The oldest , outstanding, package is at 4 business days. And, these are all First Class. Many First Class have been delivered in 2-3 days in the last 2 weeks.
We have the same carrier for the last 15 years and she would usually come by about 2 PM; during the crush it was 6PM. So; they were putting in some hours.
© 24hourcampfire