Home
Renowned gunsmith Jim Kobe asked me to list his pair of pre-64 Winchester Model 70 rifles, chambered in 375 and 300 H&H. The pair were made in the 1959-1960 period, and are completely original save for a pad added to the 300 H&H. The LOP is now longer on that rifle.

This would make a traditional pair for African hunting

$3,599 for the pair

Here's the 375 H&H

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

And here's the 300 H&H

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/BnGr5S5Y/300-3.jpg[/img]
Nice, good price too
Yes, many pre-64s in 375 sell for that price alone.
Pm sent
Classic rifles way prettier than ruger paddle stocks .I hope they get to go hunting again and not just sit in a safe !
fixed
Biebs, low comb or monte carlo on the 300?
Very nice!
Originally Posted by Biebs
Yes, many pre-64s in 375 sell for that price alone.

Agreed, the 375 alone would sell north of 3K$ for anyone who knows what they are and seeking one. I would not sell mine for that price. I have both those calibers as well.
I have both those rifles and wouldn't part with one of them for that money. Classic rifles in classic calibers.
NYrifleman, I emailed Jim to find out about the comb on the 300 H&H.
Both the 375 and the 300 H&H have the Monte Carlo-style combs, for scope use. The 300 H&H was NOT CUT when the pad was installed....LOP is now 14 1/2". Checkered steel buttplates for older Model 70 rifles are available on ebay and other sources, from $10 to $50, if you wanted to bring it back to original form. Quite the classic, traditional pairing.
PM sent, oh boy...
Originally Posted by akshooting
PM sent, oh boy...

Yeah....
It’s hard to look away! I’ve been on the hunt for a solid old .375 h&h, and apparently a .300 as well!?! Far to much classic here to not be interested😳
Great rifles there. It certainly would be interesting to know what experiences they have been a part of. that's a good price.
Jim planned on taking them to Africa for a combination hunt, but with Covid dragging on, he's given up on the idea. It would be a great pair of rifles for such an adventure.
tag
Jim, any chance you want to trade? I have a minty pre 64 270 featherweight I'd trade you for the 375.
As we speak, I am working with a guy in AK for the pair. I will keep that in mind
Ok good luck. I was thinking you probably prefer cash but thought I'd throw that out there just in case.
Both rifles are sold to a 24HR member :-)
Congratulations to all the parties involved.
That is what I truly consider a win-win!
A lot of old world craftsmanship in those fine rifles. Now go hunt them!
They're going to Alaska, where the 375 will actually be of use! :-)
Originally Posted by Biebs
They're going to Alaska, where the 375 will actually be of use! :-)

That's really cool, hopefully we'll see some pictures of these rifles in action.
Congratulations! What an iconic pair going to an awesome place!
© 24hourcampfire