Home
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/892686422

I was tempted due to the walnut.

Rifle supposedly sold once, the NR bidder seems to have driven up the final bid.

https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/891472571/BidHistory

Seller has overwhelmingly positive reviews, but something seems amiss.

Non paying buyer would deserve a negative rating at least.
Gorgeous wood
Shill bidder
Shill bidding definitely happens on GB, I know people that do it...but the auction starts at what it sold for 2 days ago. Seller probably picked up $60-70 in selling fees..

Seller should at least address it in the new auction
I've had NR bidders bid on some of my auctions and they were NOT shill bidders. Every legit bidder starts out NR.
I posted some items recently on GB and had two "NR" people bid (and win) a couple of my items. Neither one ended up paying, costing me a lot of headache and wasted time. The idiots won't even communicate.
I always look at the BID HISTORY. I was bidding on a Savage 99 last week, then it suddenly jumped up by a NR bidder. Just for the heck of it, I checked out the seller's other auctions. Three totally different firearms had the same bidder bidding on them. I mean, three totally different firearms, totally different price ranges, calibers, actions? The same bidder? Me thinks not, so I bowed out.
I’ve had similar experiences. My latest was a bidder who won, waited three days to respond on winning. Called me to say it was a mistake and could I throw in some free items which was weird. Then I waited three weeks with no payment and several attempts to make contact with no luck. I then sold it and the payment arrived the next day.

I am currently fighting GB on the fees due to the delay in payment but they’re hard to get to respond. I felt bad at first thinking the mail was slow but then realized it was postmarked a week after he called me causing the delay. Between all that and two guns “growing legs and walking off” from a UPS hub in TN I am done shipping for a while.
Appreciate the heads up.
The dude sure has some nice stuff listed.
https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?IncludeSellers=3260936
Originally Posted by JSmith62198
I am currently fighting GB on the fees due to the delay in payment but they’re hard to get to respond.

That’s what we call an understatement right there.
Agreed. I think their process to refund non-paying bidder fees is intentionally long and complicated to get you to give up. I've been successful one time and it took 6 weeks from start to end. But I must add that I've sold many items on GB and only had one buyer go dark on me.
Originally Posted by Crimson Mister
The dude sure has some nice stuff listed.
https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?IncludeSellers=3260936

This place i bet

Attached picture 785B44CE-C6CD-404D-8DDE-E22DADB25812.png
Gunbroker ads need to be verified. I have seen several Remington 700 varmint rifles that have winning bids only to see the same a d reposted almost immediately or within a few days when either a high bidder won or the 'buy it now' price was selected. Three ads used the same description and pictures for two different rifles showing same serial numbers on rifles with no disclaimer that picture is not of item for sale. Appears chill bidders are driving up the prices or the ads are being hijacked. The Remington varmint rifles seem to be the target of this behavior.
Sold Six Or Seven Of The Hogue Stocked Varmint 700 On Gunbroker In The Last 3-4 Weeks All Brought Good Money.And Most Went To Texas. All But One Paid. He Was a New Bidder TexasLawman 08.. What Azz Hat..I'm Still Fighting Gunbroker On Fees. He Hit The Buy It Now With 3-4 Hours Left On 5 Day Auction.And 18 Bids.The Rifle Was Within $40 Of The Buy It Now..
What's NR mean, not registered?
Probably Newly Registered
Ive Hear Of People Not Following Through With Several Bids and Getting Booted. And Then Re Registering Later In Another Name.. When My Dad Passed Several Years Back, I Had Won a Bid On a Model 7 . Was a Ruff Week Half And I Total Forgot About It.. It Was a Business, That Had Listed It..I Contacted Them After Words To Make It Right And Explain What Happened. They Told Me More Or Less To Pound Sand.As He Said They Didn't Like Dead Beat Bidders ..I Still Send Them a M.O. For Their Fees. Never Heard a Word After.. Other Than Turning Me In For Non Payment.. Gunbroker Suspended My Account Till I Explained What Happend..
Originally Posted by DANNYL
What's NR mean, not registered?

"No Rating". In other words, a user who has no feedback yet to indicate if he's legit or not.
Good to know, thanks
Posted By: add Re: Gents: Be wary of this auction - 02/17/21
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Gorgeous wood

That's exactly what she said...
I was guessing No Reply, but glad someone else asked before me.
Anyone read seller's feedback ? 2 negs in past year from buyers who failed to RTFI.
I know dealers in Vero, get me info on seller and I'll get it checked.
Posted By: MOW Re: Gents: Be wary of this auction - 02/20/21
I've bought a few things on GB, if I see NRs (or anyone) driving the price up, I just walk away. I don't need anything that bad.
Shill bidder indeed.
This guy has his brother-in-law or some other "buddy" buying his schitt because it didn't bring what he was hoping it would.
Shady tactics always catch up with you !!!

WB
I’m watching a gun right now. The seller has 4 other guns listed on gunbroker. Thursday at 730 a NR bidder bid on all 5 of his guns in 2 minutes. Amazing that a new buyer liked all of his guns!!! I never looked for this til I read this post.
Seems like alot of b/s if it doesn't sell.
GB should weed out these types of sellers,unless they sell a few items and keep the fees coming.
I will have to research the ammo sales ,as I bet it the same schit.

Side note,,
went to a property auction a few years back.
And I went to school with the auction house owner's daughter. who was at this auction
There was a guy who sat next to me,and would bid on every house 2-3-4 times then stop.
Half way thru the auction he walks up and sits next to my friend from school,,,
Yep "Hi Daddy"

So it happens
Seller has 30 pages of quality firearms, almost none with bids.

Perhaps he felt it wasn't worth the time to complete a non-paying buyer report, I dunno.

Funny that the new starting price is where the first auction ended though.

I emailed the seller a link to this thread asking if he'd care to comment. We shall see.
© 24hourcampfire